Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-25-2007, 11:35 PM #64
gusgus01

all those people that think that shooting over the 300 fps is fine are idiots.

1)the reason that companies put the limit at around 300 fps is because product quality can vary. Also, if lense is shot repeatedly and weakens , and then a ball going way over the limit hit the lense, the lense could break with horrific repercussions.

2) if the ball hurts someone and is chronographed going faster than 300 fps, then you can get into trouble with the law and have to pay money, etc... Especially when you are at a friends house and not a real field.

3) There is always a chance of getting hurt even shooting at 300 fps.

4) Some argue that the ball slows down before it hits the target, but the companies/fields realized this when they chose to set their fps limit. Also, i can remember several times when someone shot me closer than 20 or maybe even 10 feet.

5) Do you really want to cause someone more pain than necessary? and if you do then maybe you shouldnt be playing violent sports.

6) Do you really want to be seen as a jerk?

&) probably more but i cant really think of anymore.
And Shepherds we shall be, For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti
gusgus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:39 PM #65
[TimVanNormal]
I hate life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball_Chris View Post
How is shooting over 300 stupid? Unless you're playing indoors you shouldn't even have guns over 150 fps. I play with a 450 fps AK Rap4 outside in super large fields. If you're dumb enough to go outside with a shirt on and shorts with no protection then don't whine about getting hurt with guns that shoot over 300 fps. Unless your Mask is crap, a shot of even 450 fps wont break there lens. Military training is done with guns that shoot 450 + fps, such as rap4 guns. You don't hear them crying about it.
MY HERO...(UBER SARCASM)
[TimVanNormal] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM #66
bigkk112

OK so i just started plaing again use to play a lot and was a decent player. So i just got my gun and bought cleats and all, playing airball today my cleats caught the gravile when i was sliding and then next thing i know i hear this sound of bone cracking like wood breaking, im home on my bed icing my ankle rite now. x- ray tomarrow and if its broke im ****ed.

Anyways i just think if someone is shooting to give paine to others your messed up and need a beat down.
Next thats scary if a ball going 300+ cant break a hopper or pod, if i found out someone knew their gun was shooting that fast, i would be waiting for that person outside grab his gun after hes been kick and **** him up, like seriously grab his gun and break it in to pieces. If he injurred me i would sue his *** and make my settlement before i start my real job after college.

Paintball is played for the fun and thrill,
bigkk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM #67
thunderboy
~Ego9~

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopman9201 View Post
Vforce lenses wont break with a bullet so your eyes are safe with them.
this is my favorite quote of all time...

I shoot suckers.

PM with your HIGH ENDS! HAVE $$$ FOR YOUR GUNS!
thunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:29 PM #68
tuRtleBallER (Banned)

Quote:
How is shooting over 300 stupid? Unless you're playing indoors you shouldn't even have guns over 150 fps. I play with a 450 fps AK Rap4 outside in super large fields. If you're dumb enough to go outside with a shirt on and shorts with no protection then don't whine about getting hurt with guns that shoot over 300 fps. Unless your Mask is crap, a shot of even 450 fps wont break there lens. Military training is done with guns that shoot 450 + fps, such as rap4 guns. You don't hear them crying about it.
Shutup It really hurts badly, in the military they might not cry but they can feel that pain it really ****ing hurts bad thats a car going 350 miles per hour in ball sized form hitting you it hurts.
tuRtleBallER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 PM #69
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuRtleBallER View Post
Shutup It really hurts badly, in the military they might not cry but they can feel that pain it really ****ing hurts bad thats a car going 350 miles per hour in ball sized form hitting you it hurts.
dont you mean a ball in ball sized form hitting you?

the car fits into that sentence in no way...

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 PM #70
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilonpill View Post
320 breaking ribs? That's straight up bull****. I've been hit with 320 before. It doesn't do much more than sting like hell and cause a bad welt.

I second that. Maybe if he is over 100 years old, but probably not. I've been shot point blank in the back of the head by a gun that was later chronoed at 330fps. I've been hit many times by guns that chronoed at 375+, and I'm fine. I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't have any injuries. This was a long time ago, before 300 was even established as a limit.

I'm not trying to justify people shooting over 300, I'm just saying that a lot of you are overexaggerating about the dangers of shooting over 300. I'm completely fine with 300 - plenty of range, and you lose accuracy by shooting any harder than that.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:35 PM #71
wannabpaintballguy

Most indoor places are around 250 fps in Canada... Speedball is 260 fps-280fps (rarely 280 though).

I think all guns should be limited to around 320 fps but its kinda hard to do that since its really hard to limit old guns and other markers.
wannabpaintballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM #72
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabpaintballguy View Post
Most indoor places are around 250 fps in Canada... Speedball is 260 fps-280fps (rarely 280 though).

I think all guns should be limited to around 320 fps but its kinda hard to do that since its really hard to limit old guns and other markers.
It's very easy to do that, but 300 FPS is the limit where fingers start to break, that's the real reason the velocity limit was put in place anyways.

It's unlikely your fingers are gonna break, but a small child's or someone who has brittle fingers, I could see them getting broken.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:55 PM #73
Ringwood1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopman9201 View Post
Vforce lenses wont break with a bullet so your eyes are safe with them.
You sure about that?
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:09 PM #74
baller35

baller35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
baller35 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
dude if you shoot 450 bps then how many solenoids have you had. it would break ur solenoid. and 150 bps will go no where and destorys the thrill of paintball. also military people go to the military to get killed and we dont want to die . if i wanted to go id be there. we play paintball for fun not to get hurt.

Justin Cornell Fan Club Member #51
baller35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:01 PM #75
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller35 View Post
dude if you shoot 450 bps then how many solenoids have you had. it would break ur solenoid. and 150 bps will go no where and destorys the thrill of paintball. also military people go to the military to get killed and we dont want to die . if i wanted to go id be there. we play paintball for fun not to get hurt.
that made no sense at all... 450 fps would do nothing to your solenoid, and I dont think anyone said anything about 150bps

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 PM #76
staticpat09
PatrickBOOYA woo

I usually wait for a goggle system to be out for a little while before I buy it to read on reviews and such.

its best to be as safe as you can ...I mean...it's your eyes your talking about.
and most of your face!
staticpat09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 AM #77
SupaSnipaX

I got a suggestion for everyone here.. DRINK MORE MILK!

You have to be very old, and haggy to get bones broken out of a paintball game.. That's just ****ing SAD!
SupaSnipaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM #78
parazite34

parazite34 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
ok for first hand experience (I'm in the army) the reason you dont hear anything bad about this is because we wear all our combat gear (vest,helmet, and all that extra stuff) and even one of those boxing padded cups. We go into a regular house and train clearing out rooms. so we do infact get shot from maybe 4-5 feet away. eitherway it still hurts like crazy but no one whines because they dont want to be that guy

no masks broken yet *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, prays*
step one: run up to his bunker
step two:plant foot
step three:kick him in the nuts
step four:yell "wipe that *****"
step five:shoot him for good measure
parazite34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:16 AM #79
mxer394
Christ shoots a Fusion

For renegade ballers (like myself) who can't play at an actual field all the time.

We built a speedball field out of, ahem, "legitimately acquired" barrels, tires, and plywood. It was fun, until my friend thought it would be a laugh to turn his velocity screw all the way out. The game started, and my friend bunkered a kid, forgetting that he was shooting incredibly hot, and a paintball hit a kid right in the mask.

After we got back from the emergency room, we did a few things.

1. Order a Chrono. You need one. We just have a cheapy yellow one, but it works just fine.

2. Set a velocity. Becuase our field is nowhere near NPPL size, the velocity is 275.

3. Post a set of rules near where you play, in big laminated posterboard.

4. If you have newbies playing, make a 10 foot no bunker rule. If it's not fun for them, will they ever come back?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3048705
mxer394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM #80
a1exweibl

a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los789 View Post
"Vforce lenses wont break with a bullet so your eyes are safe with them."

What kind of idiotic statement is this? You think your vforce lenses are bullet proof? Most bullet proof glass isn't even bullet proof if you shoot it a few times let alone some paintball goggles. Don't take your safety for granted. It requires your active attention (like putting the cabash on fools that are cranking up their velocity intentionally, friends or not).

Los
Yeah Los I saw a thread today showing proof that it was bullet proof... Sounds very weird but he shot it and had pics up... search for it
Old 04-05-2008, 04:56 AM #81
FlapJacks

there is no way. NOT EVER. maybe a 22 short fired without powder, primer only. There is just no way. If u saw pics they are lying. I am sorry
FlapJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 PM #82
gangsteryoda5

here is a funnny thing i have a group of friends that dont tkae the sport seriously they go tto the mountains and play with walmart guns. when they go their guns are chronoed to the max so that meens like 500. I use this to my advantage thos guns can barely shoot and when they do the ball is going through a barrel filled with glue at high velocito u know what happens they curve. my marker shoots ball on ball so when i get them ball on ball i teach hem velocity doesnt matter

blacked out icon dm7vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3725473
gearbag sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3028338
gangsteryoda5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:12 PM #83
TeddyBear1992
OneLoveOneLifeOneChance

TeddyBear1992 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los789 View Post
"Vforce lenses wont break with a bullet so your eyes are safe with them."

What kind of idiotic statement is this? You think your vforce lenses are bullet proof? Most bullet proof glass isn't even bullet proof if you shoot it a few times let alone some paintball goggles. Don't take your safety for granted. It requires your active attention (like putting the cabash on fools that are cranking up their velocity intentionally, friends or not).

Los
There was a thread somewhere where a guy shot some FMJ rounds at a grill lens and they didnt even penetrate. I feel safe in mine.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM #84
TeddyBear1992
OneLoveOneLifeOneChance

TeddyBear1992 supports Team VICIOUS
Also why don't marker companies limit the speed of markers to 300 fps. Is it do-able? If yes why haven't they yet?