PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-19-2007, 05:11 AM #22
DarkDsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer331 View Post
Bud Orr developed the velocity limit way back because he saw kids with broken fingers. He went to a doctor and asked what was the pressure at which fingers break. He did the math and set the universal velocity at 300. I forgot the exact velocity at which fingers break, but after 300 fingers dont only break, but lenses crack. that doesnt heal.
could you get some more info on that....pm me

XSV

bjammin210- interwebs are serious business....we don't mess around on the www
DarkDsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2007, 05:21 AM #23
Paintball_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDsnake View Post
could you get some more info on that....pm me
I got shot in the thumb with a gun about 5 meters away with 360+ fps. All that happened was my thumb felt like a belt whipped it and it was stinging for a few seconds. Nothing even broke, and it was better the day after. Some people must have bones like sticks.
Paintball_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:08 PM #24
Forestballa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball_Chris View Post
How is shooting over 300 stupid? Unless you're playing indoors you shouldn't even have guns over 150 fps. I play with a 450 fps AK Rap4 outside in super large fields. If you're dumb enough to go outside with a shirt on and shorts with no protection then don't whine about getting hurt with guns that shoot over 300 fps. Unless your Mask is crap, a shot of even 450 fps wont break there lens. Military training is done with guns that shoot 450 + fps, such as rap4 guns. You don't hear them crying about it.
so youre suggesting that military personnel have the same pain threshold as normal recreational paintballers?
Forestballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:34 PM #25
theultimatehero
seiborg

Annual Supporting Member
theultimatehero is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bottom line read the warnings on your mask or mask instructions.

I think of all the warnings involving paintball equipment the goggles should be most followed and attended to. Im not saying the other warnings are are less meaningfull but think about it the mask is the most important peice of your equipment.

read the warnings and tell me its safe to shoot over 300.

theultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:18 AM #26
Jessecain1

How is shooting over 300 stupid? Unless you're playing indoors you shouldn't even have guns over 150 fps. I play with a 450 fps AK Rap4 outside in super large fields. If you're dumb enough to go outside with a shirt on and shorts with no protection then don't whine about getting hurt with guns that shoot over 300 fps. Unless your Mask is crap, a shot of even 450 fps wont break there lens. Military training is done with guns that shoot 450 + fps, such as rap4 guns. You don't hear them crying about it.

this guy is a freakin idoit

][ Inverted

http://98og.net/

Last edited by Jessecain1 : 07-27-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: " " weong person
Jessecain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:01 PM #27
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessecain1 View Post

what makes him an idiot? Simply stating someones and idiot with no proof or backup is quite idiotic I think....

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM #28
Dyl123

"How is shooting over 300 stupid? Unless you're playing indoors you shouldn't even have guns over 150 fps. I play with a 450 fps AK Rap4 outside in super large fields. If you're dumb enough to go outside with a shirt on and shorts with no protection then don't whine about getting hurt with guns that shoot over 300 fps. Unless your Mask is crap, a shot of even 450 fps wont break there lens. Military training is done with guns that shoot 450 + fps, such as rap4 guns. You don't hear them crying about it" military people have to get used to the pain and are built up with stronger muscles then rec ballers, rec ballers go to have fun not break bones and getting wounds that bug them all the time, use your head do these people look like military people training?!
98% OF PAINTBALLERS HAVE TO WIPE TO WIN, IF YOU ARE PART OF THE 2% WHO DONT PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
*PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BALLER*
93% of teenagers have switched to rap music. If you are in the 7% who still rock out everyday put this in your sig.
Dyl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:40 PM #29
pbmann1213
TBF

pbmann1213 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
This is the stupidest thing ive every heard. If a gun shoots over 300 it can break a lense. 450 can probably break you're head open. Also if you you shoot 150fps, you won't hit anything. And in military training they don't go that high, thats just plain retarded and your making this up
pbmann1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM #30
pbmann1213
TBF

pbmann1213 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
I got shot in the thumb with a gun about 5 meters away with 360+ fps. All that happened was my thumb felt like a belt whipped it and it was stinging for a few seconds. Nothing even broke, and it was better the day after. Some people must have bones like sticks.
thats the truth
pbmann1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 PM #31
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmann1213 View Post
This is the stupidest thing ive every heard. If a gun shoots over 300 it can break a lense. 450 can probably break you're head open. Also if you you shoot 150fps, you won't hit anything. And in military training they don't go that high, thats just plain retarded and your making this up
Lenses are rated up to about 500fps... or they wouldnt make guns that could go that high... and you dont ever get hit at the chrono velocity... that velocity is the speed out of the barrel... not 40+ feet away...

Old 08-19-2007, 03:22 PM #32
Gravedigg154

Quote:
Go jump in a lake and die.
Gravedigg154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM #33
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessecain1 View Post

OMG LOL ROFLCOPTER SOI SOI SOI!

I hope you forgot the dodgy, if you didn't, blow all of your equipment up, and never do anything related to paintball again, ever.

Kids, always play under 300 FPS, no matter if the lense can take a bullet, or if it didn't break before, I don't care. The mask was designed to take multiple shots under 300 FPS from a distance greater than 10 feet away for up to a year. After that, you need to replace the lense because the strength of it reduces. Not to mention getting hit by a gun shooting hot hurts a lot, and turns players away from the game.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:56 PM #34
pball0221

Quote:
wow i hope you get seriously injured from a gun thats shooting 450+. You are an idiot for playing like that because it can hurt someone severly
Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM #35
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestballa View Post
My freinds are being dicks and adjusting their velocities themselves, without any way of measuring their velocity, so how do i go about explaining to them how its not a good idea
Crank up your own velocity, nail them all then explain why it's a bad idea.
McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:20 PM #36
SynergyAMB1125
chuckin up the shakas

Or let someone shoot you at like 325. PS my brother got 416,410,403 w/ his shocker(reg not exactly broken in)
Originally Posted by OA_paintball: im just worried if i donate plasma and some cancer patient gets it, his dicks gonna grow and hes gonna have mad game with the nurses.. probably not good for the hospital.

Dennis Woolford 9/26/08

TROLLPOCALYPSERed-Shirted Super Smashed Bros '11
SynergyAMB1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM #37
whitestripes9805
z100ɟuʍdı

My friend got shot in the butt with a gun that was later chrono'd at 387fps. Still has a scar and it was bleeding for awhile.
██████████
██████████
+
Smart Parts Jersey & Empire Pants
New Era Red Bull pin stripe
whitestripes9805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:23 PM #38
say no to aggness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakespIMP View Post
tippmans dont shoot under 550 fps anyway
lol

cant spell faggot without agg
say no to aggness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 PM #39
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxmitchxX View Post
i got bunkered at 340 i cried for like an hour i started bleeding and bloods running down my back just becasue my friend wanted too bunkeer someone and it hurt
I've been shot by a sniper 2 shooting 412
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:43 PM #40
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
you my friend need to find a latter and climb all the way to the top and then jump!
What do you consider a goos lense? v-force? I know for a fact their lenses break above 400
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 PM #41
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxmitchxX View Post
i got bunkered at 340 i cried for like an hour i started bleeding and bloods running down my back just becasue my friend wanted too bunkeer someone and it hurt
did you seriously cry?

i've been bunkered by an ion-kid (what we call em down here) who was using CO2 that he chrono'd at 8:30 AM on a summer morning (cool Texas mornings) then didnt re-crono until a ref literally jerked the gun from his hand after he got shot from roughly 150 ft by this kid and he bled. this was about 5 PM. the ****ing kid chrono'd at 4-****ing-30. he got off pretty easy, having a stock ion is the equivalent of saying "im new" around here. so no one was too pist......except for that ref.

My God.
DARQ
bigfatdanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:14 AM #42
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom? View Post
you my friend need to find a latter and climb all the way to the top and then jump!
What do you consider a goos lense? v-force? I know for a fact their lenses break above 400
yeah, when have you ever been hit by a 400fps paintball?

people need to realize that the chrono speed isnt the impact velocity, its the velocity leaving the barrel, and Ive never shot someone from <12" before...