Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 PM #85
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabooser View Post
So I didn't see how to convert old feedback. How do you do that?
The same way you post any new feedback. Just follow the instructions.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 PM #86
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
From what I have seen, the new system looks very nice and should help out in the B/S/T forums here on the Nation. I am thankful that I don't have a large amount of feedback. It took about an hour to track down all the original threads and go through the feedback process and I only had 15 transactions I had to worry about. I feel sorry for those users with a bunch of feedback that want to convert.

I do have a question, and I know its been asked already, but what about NIB threads that are no longer gold upped, I have a high end transaction sitting in there that I would like to get converted to the new system.

Thanks,
NiZ

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 PM #87
John

Annual Supporting Member
Straight from the FAQ:

How do I give feedback for a NIB thread if I won't get the item until after the thread expires and I can no longer view it?
Make sure you have the seller leave you feedback as soon as you buy the item. Then when you receive it, use the yellow rate tag in your feedback to return feedback.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 PM #88
MJTShowdown (Banned)

so if i cant come in contact with some people on my feedback thing, that feedback is going away? So im back down to zero
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM #89
John

Annual Supporting Member
No, you'll still have your old feedback. Just show potential buyers that one.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM #90
mike2468
paintballaddictsupply.com

mike2468 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tniz View Post
I do have a question, and I know its been asked already, but what about NIB threads that are no longer gold upped, I have a high end transaction sitting in there that I would like to get converted to the new system.
Also if the seller forgets to leave you feedback, they can always view their thread in the holding pen and leave you feedback from there. I did this recently for everyone who bought from my NIB forum gold upp'ed threads.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 PM #91
MJTShowdown (Banned)

this is gay. The threads ppl posted in over a year ago i cant find and now im stuck. How the **** is this improving?

Edit: Its going to be stupid because all of the people buying will now be saying i will only accept feedback from the new system.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:02 PM #92
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJTShowdown View Post
this is gay. The threads ppl posted in over a year ago i cant find and now im stuck. How the <del>****</del> is this improving?

Edit: Its going to be stupid because all of the people buying will now be saying i will only accept feedback from the new system.
Don't try to predict what people are going to do. I really doubt that will happen for a while. The system only went live a couple hours ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2468 View Post
Also if the seller forgets to leave you feedback, they can always view their thread in the holding pen and leave you feedback from there.
Good point. I'll add that to the FAQ.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 PM #93
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
this is gay. The threads ppl posted in over a year ago i cant find and now im stuck. How the <del>****</del> is this improving?

Once again. Your old feedback is still there, and always will be. If you're trying to do new transactions, and those people choose not to accept your old feedback, that's their problem then.

I'd say the biggest problem you currently face is your attitude. I for one know that I wouldn't do business with you based on your inability to adapt to change, and the fact that you can't see the bigger picture here, that this is going to make things smoother moving forward, and that the old system was antiquated and prone to fraud.

Keep an open mind and I think you'll find that this system is a good thing in the long run. Your old feedback will remain your old feedback. If people choose not to accept that, then their business is going to suffer because of it.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:06 PM #94
pulseman555
the bud makes me wiser.

pulseman555 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pulseman555 supports DLX Technology
this is so stupid. why change it. it worked fine before. jeez. for pbnation
Old 06-07-2007, 05:07 PM #95
MJTShowdown (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Once again. Your old feedback is still there, and always will be. If you're trying to do new transactions, and those people choose not to accept your old feedback, that's their problem then.

I'd say the biggest problem you currently face is your attitude. I for one know that I wouldn't do business with you based on your inability to adapt to change, and the fact that you can't see the bigger picture here, that this is going to make things smoother moving forward, and that the old system was antiquated and prone to fraud.

Keep an open mind and I think you'll find that this system is a good thing in the long run. Your old feedback will remain your old feedback. If people choose not to accept that, then their business is going to suffer because of it.
You say its their problem that they wont accept my feedback. No its not, because its my problem, seeing as im not getting their stuff. I would be fine with this system if my feedback got transfered over, no problem, but its gay that because of this system with obvious flaws is going to suck for those who have 25+ feedback and have earned it.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM #96
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseman555 View Post
this is so stupid. why change it. it worked fine before. jeez. for pbnation
Trust me, if you were a moderator here you'd know the limitations of the old system. To us, the new system is clearly a step forward.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 06-07-2007, 05:13 PM #97
mike2468
paintballaddictsupply.com

mike2468 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You say its their problem that they wont accept my feedback. No its not, because its my problem, seeing as im not getting their stuff. I would be fine with this system if my feedback got transfered over, no problem, but its gay that because of this system with obvious flaws is going to suck for those who have 25+ feedback and have earned it.
I have 66+ feedback and I like the idea of the new system. I have put two links in my sig (one for the old system and one for the new). I will continue to look at peoples old feedback when I do trades.

Also you can build up your new feedback by finding your old threads and leaving the people who you dealt with feedback on the new system (hopefully they will return the favor). I have done this for my recent threads and two of the people already left me feedback on the new system. If you need help finding your old threads pm me and I will do a search for you since I'm ASM.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM #98
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle supports our troops
Quote:
First off, please stop referring to everything as "gay". Last time I checked this feedback system had no sexual orientation.

I'm sorry you feel that this system is inferior because your old feedback does not magically move into the new system.

Truth is, if people want to be picky about who they do business with, and that in their opinion old feedback is not valid, then kudos for them about being wary of the fraud that goes on.

If you've got a problem with that, then shell out for a trusted third party to handle the escrow for you.

There's no need to flip out about something because you expect everyone to cater to your whims.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM #99
MJTShowdown (Banned)

i still think this is stupid. I feel that the mods should do something to compensate for this, by transfering the feedback automatically.

Edit: Why would i drop my money on a third party when my feedback says im a trustworthy guy?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM #100
timgrant_69
#1 Stunna

timgrant_69 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The only problem I see is that some people have feedback from up to a few years ago and back, as well as many pages, and it would take a lot of time to contact all of those people trades were made with. Also some of these people you traded may no longer be on pbnation, may have been banned, or simply may not remember what the trade was since it could have been so long ago. Just my opinion...
Old 06-07-2007, 05:17 PM #101
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Quote:
i still think this is stupid. I feel that the mods should do something to compensate for this, by transfering the feedback automatically.
You realize there's nearly 400,000 posts in the old feedback forum, right? How do you propose we go about "automatically" converting that feedback?

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 06-07-2007, 05:17 PM #102
freestylepb
What?

Quote:
I agree. I have more than a hundred feedback, and the oldest ones go back to early last year. I have a life and I don't want to sit in front of my computer transferring all those past feedbacks to the new system. And plus, once I leave my buyers/sellers new feedbacks, I can't really be sure that they'll still be using their old accounts, so I don't know if they'll leave me a feedback or not.

This new system is much more organized, I have to admit, but seriously, why couldn't this system be available since the beginning... It's not that difficult to think and create this system, as there's already one huge online market that most people in the world use and is far more advanced than PBNation (EBAY, if you're really that slow). I'm disappointed.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:18 PM #103
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle supports our troops
Timgrant: That is why old feedback will always be there for you. Mods are not going to import your feedback into the new system, it is not possible.

If you desire to do so yourself, we've enabled you to do so. If you choose not to, and merely link to your old feedback thread, then good for you.

Either way your old feedback and all new feedback will exist from here on out. We're not saying "import your feedback now, we're deleting the old feedback in a month". It's there for the foreseeable future.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 PM #104
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylepb View Post
I agree. I have more than a hundred feedback, and the oldest ones go back to early last year. I have a life and I don't want to sit in front of my computer transferring all those past feedbacks to the new system. And plus, once I leave my buyers/sellers new feedbacks, I can't really be sure that they'll still be using their old accounts, so I don't know if they'll leave me a feedback or not.

This new system is much more organized, I have to admit, but seriously, why couldn't this system be available since the beginning... It's not that difficult to think and create this system, as there's already one huge online market that most people in the world use and is far more advanced than PBNation (EBAY, if you're really that slow). I'm disappointed.
I too wish I could see the future. I'd be a very rich man.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:24 PM #105
MJTShowdown (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy View Post
You realize there's nearly 400,000 posts in the old feedback forum, right? How do you propose we go about "automatically" converting that feedback?
i say you better get started or you ditch this system
Closed Thread