Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 PM #1
ctpaintballa42

has been a member for 10 years
Teams out west and around are on the grind constantly. They are playing teams above their rank and thats why most of them are winning. Pro teams are grinding it harder because they can. They can go out and drill and maintain there best. We dont have that commodity in New England. We have one pro team. WE have no semi pro teams. We have one d1 team that folded, scattered d2 teams that barely play nationals, and very few d3 teams that compete nationally.

I think paintball is a sport. Its not a hobby, video games are a hobby and i dont care what anyone says about that. If your the best at it then your the best, and you will get money. But that doesnt stop the millions of people who play all over the world.

I have no experience outside of NE. Teams may have better funding out west, and they have a much larger population to chose from.Think abotu how many people live in Cali, compared to New England. its crazy, to think about but you can weed out those players that dont want to grind out and there is still plenty of talent to look at.

To fix this in New England. We need to join together under one common format. We need to cut the bull**** and grind it out at practice. We cant let the politics and budy buddy system in paintball. If someone is slacking and your team is serious about winning and bein competitive, you need to cut off that slacker before he infects your team. We need a farm system that effectively works into the Canes organization so we have a constant flow of great teams in NE. We have talented players, they just need that extra push to go that extra mile so we are competiing with teams from around the nation.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2009, 12:28 AM #2
ctpaintballa42

This is a great write up, everyone should check this out http://www.drewbietron.com/grindwc09/
Old 10-24-2009, 05:10 PM #3
jjokeefe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Tou...e_Gathering%29

Found that, thought it was interesting. 40,000 grand for first place. We have a long way to go to catch up with Card Games and Ultimate Frisbee
jjokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:49 PM #4
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

bobsbarricades plays in the APPA D5 division
hahaha, ouch =P
Old 10-24-2009, 06:29 PM #5
jjokeefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades View Post
hahaha, ouch =P
I know I sound real negative. I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that we have a LONG way to go to catch up to things like Card Games/Video Games, and we're more of a traditional sport than they are.

I think a lot of paintballers think we are closer than we are, and they behave accordingly. I can't tell you how many times I've seen kids come on here and talk about "having paintball in stadiums, on tv, pro players getting major sponsors, etc." when our "Pro" players can't even eek out a living. Magic Card players can make a living. Unreal Tournament Players can make a living. Starcraft Players get like RICH. We have a few pros who make some money, and a bunch who don't pay to play. All while still delivering pizzas or laying roof.

So, I think that goes back to what the big heads are looking for. Talent, Skill, MONEY. God, how great would that be to find someone good who also has cash. We play a sport that has costs akin to Golf and Tennis but the average paintball player does not also belong to a Country Club. Most paintball players make average incomes and started out in the woods playing recball. Most people who are serious golfers and tennis players come from money, most serious paintballers seem to not come from money. Don't kid yourself, IT IS A REAL PROBLEM. The sport either needs to get cheaper or the poor people need to get out. Otherwise, you're going to end up with rich *******s like myself with power and the real players/talent are going to get left behind.

You'll see it all the time. Crisis is a bunch of scrubs, but they play for free. How fun is that right? NEX is out there paying tons of hard earned money and my guys are having a blast not paying for anything. This is the problem with this sport. Or, maybe, it isn't. . .
Old 10-24-2009, 07:42 PM #6
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

bobsbarricades plays in the APPA D5 division
no I hear you, 100%. I'm trying to figure out solutions to every problem you list. I think the article that was posted up here that was written by one of the Avalanche guys was amazing and his ideas, and yours, about how this is an athletic sport without very many athletes speaks volumes about how far we have to go. I don't think it's the rich guys like you that make it a problem, it's just that most people don't understand that it's rich guys that you that make their 'dream' possible.

But I think people are realizing these things. I haven't been around since the beginning but it seems like people are learning. We'll see what happens in the future. And if I have my way hopefully I'll be able to contribute something worthwhile to the sport.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 AM #7
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Jon,

You seem angry now a days.

While it is true that most paintball players don't come from a Country Club background, the same can be said for many NFL & NBA players. How did they afford to go to college - scholorships. That's really what you're doing for your guys on crisis - providing scholorships. While your scholorship doesn't have the requirements of passing grades (or maybe it does), your still providing the players with a way to play the sport hey love at a higher level then what they could afford to play.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM #8
SeanV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Jon,

You seem angry now a days.
You noticed too?
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 AM #9
trogdor444

along with my teammates we pay out the *** to play this sport, but i wouldnt ditch them for a free ride anyday

Section 8
trogdor444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM #10
FU2N

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjokeefe View Post
I know I sound real negative. I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that we have a LONG way to go to catch up to things like Card Games/Video Games, and we're more of a traditional sport than they are.

I think a lot of paintballers think we are closer than we are, and they behave accordingly. I can't tell you how many times I've seen kids come on here and talk about "having paintball in stadiums, on tv, pro players getting major sponsors, etc." when our "Pro" players can't even eek out a living. Magic Card players can make a living. Unreal Tournament Players can make a living. Starcraft Players get like RICH. We have a few pros who make some money, and a bunch who don't pay to play. All while still delivering pizzas or laying roof.

So, I think that goes back to what the big heads are looking for. Talent, Skill, MONEY. God, how great would that be to find someone good who also has cash. We play a sport that has costs akin to Golf and Tennis but the average paintball player does not also belong to a Country Club. Most paintball players make average incomes and started out in the woods playing recball. Most people who are serious golfers and tennis players come from money, most serious paintballers seem to not come from money. Don't kid yourself, IT IS A REAL PROBLEM. The sport either needs to get cheaper or the poor people need to get out. Otherwise, you're going to end up with rich *******s like myself with power and the real players/talent are going to get left behind.

You'll see it all the time. Crisis is a bunch of scrubs, but they play for free. How fun is that right? NEX is out there paying tons of hard earned money and my guys are having a blast not paying for anything. This is the problem with this sport. Or, maybe, it isn't. . .

NEX wins though...
FU2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 PM #11
jjokeefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2N View Post
NEX wins though...
What do they win? 2-2 Phoenix, 2-2 MAO, 0-4 Chicago. Never made it past Prelims all year.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 PM #12
Seekey
Dave

Seekey plays in the PSP
Seekey plays in the APPA D3 division
Seekey supports Empire
Who cares. Everybody loses at some point.

Crisis wasnt ready for AXBL. They need to make changes and rebuild. Same can be said for NeX. They lost some great players and this year wasnt their year. Adjustments will be made and next year they will be stronger. **** the same thing could be said for the Canes they had a tough year. But there still a bunch of very skilled players and there sure as hell better than me.

FU2N why are you always trying to start ****? E-tuf guys who hide behind the anonymity of the internet are very annoying.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM #13
p8ballz
Rhode Island Paintball

p8ballz is an Premier field/store owner
p8ballz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ballz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
What do they win? 2-2 Phoenix, 2-2 MAO, 0-4 Chicago. Never made it past Prelims all year.
lol atleast we didn't get kicked out of our division. Anytime you wanna compare team stats in a national league give me a call. And I'm pretty sure that you would have blown the **** out of anyone of my guys in the past to play on your team and not one would go. Ask why? It's called loyality, pull your mommys cash out from under your team and see where you go. Dissing the hard working man isn't gonna score you any brownie points with anyone.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:51 PM #14
p8ballz
Rhode Island Paintball

p8ballz is an Premier field/store owner
p8ballz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ballz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

And for the record I could afford to pay my teams way if I felt I wanted to. But I'm not that stupid to spend that much cash on paintball or do I need to buy friends. I would rather give it to my son.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:24 PM #15
trogdor444

"the workin' mans a sucka" - Bronx Tale (sorry sick on the couch yesterday and i watched it 3 times haha)

but seriously is 2-2 in a D1 national division better than 1-5 in a regional league......ill leave that up to others to decide but i kno my answer

Section 8
trogdor444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:51 PM #16
sniper314
I LOVE MOMMA MUNRO

Annual Supporting Member
sniper314 plays in the PSP
sniper314 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekey View Post
FU2N why are you always trying to start ****? E-tuf guys who hide behind the anonymity of the internet are very annoying.
This deserves my mega dot!

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
sniper314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:35 PM #17
FU2N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekey View Post
Who cares. Everybody loses at some point.

Crisis wasnt ready for AXBL. They need to make changes and rebuild. Same can be said for NeX. They lost some great players and this year wasnt their year. Adjustments will be made and next year they will be stronger. **** the same thing could be said for the Canes they had a tough year. But there still a bunch of very skilled players and there sure as hell better than me.

i state my opinion. i dont hide. i dont need my opinion to hurt anything or anyone i associate myself with. E-tuff i have never once said ZOMG i could kick someones ***. i just say whats on my mind. PM me if you wanna talk or bring me out to dinner i love dates

and my opinion is what i said. from what i have seen growing up and playing nepls and fox4 before i took my year off nex was a powerhouse team. i find them better but thats my opinion.

now the only way to settle this would be on the field. im sure it would be fun to watch.
FU2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:50 PM #18
Seekey
Dave

Seekey plays in the PSP
Seekey plays in the APPA D3 division
Seekey supports Empire
Right you can say what you want without people knowing who you are. Maybe not "ZOMG" specificly but you do float around and try to start flame wars.

NeX still is a great team Im sure. Im curious to see how things turn out for them in 2010.

I don't think Jon was trying to say Crisis is better than NeX. He was just saying they lose aswell.

Really the only way to settle this is for people to quit starting drama.

Dan huh. Well that narrows it down
Old 10-26-2009, 04:22 PM #19
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ballz View Post
lol atleast we didn't get kicked out of our division. Anytime you wanna compare team stats in a national league give me a call. And I'm pretty sure that you would have blown the **** out of anyone of my guys in the past to play on your team and not one would go. Ask why? It's called loyality, pull your mommys cash out from under your team and see where you go. Dissing the hard working man isn't gonna score you any brownie points with anyone.
Not to speak for Jon, but:

You can't get kicked out of your division in PSP. Not to say you would have - but you can't, not for losing anyway.

He never said he was comparing your two teams - he is just saying your team hasn't won anything this year, which is true.

Jon doesn't pay for me to do anything (other than some compensation for --->), and I'd play for him and spent the whole year covering the team for media. I think you'd be very surprised by the loyalty Crisis players have.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 PM #20
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
When people say NEX who are they actually talking about? Serious Question
Old 10-26-2009, 04:56 PM #21
ctpaintballa42

Haha sick, I always wanted my post to be first.