PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2016, 07:20 PM #1
Eric.shirey
Golden State Outlaws

Eric.shirey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Should I upgrade?

So - as I'm sure some of you can relate, I'm on a team full of Dye haters and I've been using team guns (shockers, G6rs, etc.) but I have a DM8. At practice Sunday the shocker I was using went down so I gassed up my gun and remember that I love it even though its 8 years old.

Long story short, we have an event in 2 weeks and I might shoot my 8 over one of these RSXs or a G6R but I kind of want to be shooting something relevant...

I dig the M2 but all my teammates swear its garb and are urging me to go RSX or PE. I owned an 07 ego prior to the DM8 and it was a great gun but nothing ive shot beats the ergonomics and shot of a Dye gun. At the same time I haven't heard great things about recent Dye guns..

TLDR; Help should I buy an M2 or just shoot my DM8 til it deteriorates?

Eric.shirey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2016, 04:54 PM #2
moggleIII
SB ARMY

has been a member for 10 years
Just shoot the DM8. I used to shoot Gen-E's up to DM6's before I quit way back. Picked up an IM9 recently and my jaw dropped. That thing ran flawless all day long, never even had to bust out the SL94 I got as a backup.

I remember my Trixes being very weather-finicky back in the day, and if the 8 is anything like the 9, then I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Heads up, I have zero experience with newer guns, but I was definately impressed by the 9!
moggleIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:50 PM #3
Matrixguy08

Matrixguy08 donated to help Peyton Trent
Matrixguy08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The DM8 is a badass gun IMO. I put a warped sports trigger, virtue board, CP front plug and ASA, and the DM9 eyepipe and never had any issues with it until I hung it up until recently, just gonna put new O-rings in it and go.

DMs are finicky in the cold cuz of the spool valve, hence why I have an 05 Ego and an E2 autococker as a back up.
Black to Clear AIM 17 Cocker
Blue to Silver 05 EGO
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt - OIF 09-11 HHC 2-112th 56th SBCT 28th ID
Matrixguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:40 PM #4
dyechild03

You gotta shoot what's comfortable for you. I still shoot a DM9 as well, but I don't play enough to justify spending more money on a gun that functionally does the same thing. That and i haven't really held many markers that feel better in my hands shooting than DM's
dyechild03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:52 PM #5
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky supports Ninja Paintball
I shoot an M2 and own a PM8, DM8, DM6 and I feel the older guns seems smoother to me and softer shot. But the efficiency of the M2 how it is stretched out a little more comfort wise I feel is better and more efficient. But can't beat the smoothness of my older DM's
Max Gerhard #1 fan!!!

GEARBAG SALE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5454881
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:49 PM #6
Eric.shirey
Golden State Outlaws

Eric.shirey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Appreciate all the responses!

I think I need to shoot a Geo and an M2 to see if either feel worth the upgrade ... I played with an RSX half the day last Sunday and when I got back to the DM8 i felt like I missed it lol.

Thanks all for the feedback, going to test some new stuff this weekend hopefully.
Eric.shirey is offline   Reply With Quote