PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-28-2007, 01:17 PM #1
mckvader

Nox Reloaded / ICD Promaster

For those looking for a replacement board for the ICD Promaster. Because your stock one broke or you just want to UP your marker, the Nox Board should fill that void. I Installed on in one of my two promasters, which is nice because I can compare the performance differences. First the Nox is easy to install, Just unscrew the two screws on the micro switch on the stock board, unplug it and remove it. Then reverse the process, plug in the new one and replace the screws in the micro switch and it ready to go. Programming is a bit more difficult at first, but once you get the knack of doing it, if fairly straight forward. The board comes with the following modes:

1. firing mode (main menu, 1 blink)
a. semi, (1) blink
b. capped semi, (2) blinks
c. PSP 3 ball burst, (3) blinks
d. NXL, full auto, (4) blinks
e. Millennium, (5) blinks, (uses ramp point)
f. linear ramp (6) blinks, (uses ramp point and ramp level)
g. training mode, (7) blinks
2. eye mode (main menu, 2 blinks)
a. delay shot on empty breech, (1) blink
b. drop shot on empty breech, (2) blinks
c. disable eye check, (3) blinks
3. dwell (6-25 ms) (main menu, 3 blinks…)
4. trigger debounce (set 1-25)
5. paint debounce (0-15 ms)
6. mechanical debounce (set 0-10)
7. drop-off adjustment (0-15 ms)
8. ramp point (2-12 bps)
9. ramp level (set 1-3)
10. rof (14-20 bps, 21 for unlimited)
11. rof fine, added to rof in 1/4 bps (0 = 0, 1 = 1/4, 2 = 2/4, 3 = 3/4)
12. bypass rof (8-14 bps)

The manual (on the sales site) does not explain the modes very well, but what I did was look at the cyborg manual which has basically the same modes and it does explain them in better detail.

Now the comparison, the Nox clearly out preformed the stock board hands down, Speed, Adjustability and modes. The best being the debounce settings (trigger X 2 and Paint), drop off and bypass ROF. These really showed up firing old paint, I used paint from last summer which broke continually with the old stock board. Using the paint bebounce(waits for paint to settle in the breech in Micro sec) I broke none of this paint. Previously one in every 15 or so balls (est based on numbers broke in a full hopper 140 +/-). The NOX board is a great investment that wont brake the bank, ringing up around $58

Last edited by mckvader : 05-28-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: mis-spelling in title