Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-27-2007, 11:58 PM #1
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
Lucky/Spitfire issues

Alright, I sent Lucky an email about this but I'm not confident that I'll get a response.

I have had a Lucky Un1 board with Spitfire chip in my Angel Fly for the past few months with no issues. Recently, my eyes have been acting up. Here's what it's doing, and let's assume I have no air.

If I turn the gun on with no paint in the breach, the eyes register no paint (red LED.) That's cool. If I ad paint or finger, the LED turns green (breech full ready to fire.) That's cool too. If I pull my finger/paint out, the light turns red again. Great. If I leave my finger/paint there and pull the trigger, the light turns yellow (eye malfunction, which is normal.) If I pull it out, it turns red again. But if I put my finger/paint back in, the light immediately turns yellow. That makes no sense whatsoever. The eyes are clean and operational, because they work just fine in my Tadao M7 board. Any ideas?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2007, 12:40 AM #2
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Well before we know what is going wrong, what is your marker doing when you are actually shooting it? Doing tests without paint and air wont get you real results.

Are you having chopping problems? Is your marker dryfiring excessively when shooting paint with eyes on?

Last edited by android17ak47 : 05-28-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:20 AM #3
Oedipus
god save captain slow

No, because as soon as the breech is empty it stops firing, but my MROF for eyes on is not the same as it is for eye malfunction, so I do notice it and I want to figure out what the issue is.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:10 AM #4
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
My best guess is that it will clear and start going to the red/green scheme after you actually fire the gun correctly.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 05-28-2007, 02:13 AM #5
android17ak47
No!!!!!

I just found and read the online manual for your board/chip and it says that when an eye error occurs, the board will flash yellow till you shut board off and turn it on. It says when paint begins to feed into breech correctly agian, the eyes will operate normal agian, but it will flash yellow to indicate to the user there was an error at some point. So what you did made your board think something wasnt going right, and that is why it stayed yellow when you blocked the eyes agian. It is a normal feature of your board, so you have nothing to worry about.

I have found and updated all lucky manuals in the sticky manual thread, and here is the spitfire manual. http://www.luckyeurope.co.uk/instruc...tfireBoard.pdf
In the center of that manual, it explains what happens during an eye error. If you cant download that manual, just take my word for it. Your board is fine.

Last edited by android17ak47 : 05-28-2007 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM #6
Oedipus
god save captain slow

What it does is flash yellow every few seconds when the LED is red, indicating that there was a malfunction at some point but that it's now cleared. If paint is added at this point, the LED should turn green, not yellow.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 PM #7
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
What it does is flash yellow every few seconds when the LED is red, indicating that there was a malfunction at some point but that it's now cleared. If paint is added at this point, the LED should turn green, not yellow.
As the manual says, it will continue to show up yellow untill you turn it off. That is how your lucky board works.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM #8
Oedipus
god save captain slow

No, it's not. The manual says that once the obstruction has been removed, the ROF cap will be removed and everything will function normally again. Therefore, the light turns green when paint is added, not immediately turn yellow. Yes, it BLINKS yellow on top of red if you've had an eye malfunction that has been cleared, but it is NOT supposed to turn SOLID yellow as soon as paint is added. That is not normal. Remember, I have had this setup a while and I know what it's supposed to do.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:02 PM #9
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
No, it's not. The manual says that once the obstruction has been removed, the ROF cap will be removed and everything will function normally again. Therefore, the light turns green when paint is added, not immediately turn yellow. Yes, it BLINKS yellow on top of red if you've had an eye malfunction that has been cleared, but it is NOT supposed to turn SOLID yellow as soon as paint is added. That is not normal. Remember, I have had this setup a while and I know what it's supposed to do.
I didnt mean to say it will blink, but the manual says you will continue to see the LED turn yellow untill you shut the board off and turn it back on, but, your eyes will begin to work agian, but the yellow will still appear nevertheless.

EDIT: Ok, I reread the manual and I guess it looks like you def got a board issue. I dont know what to tell you other than hope it starts working normal agian.

Last edited by android17ak47 : 05-28-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:10 PM #10
Oedipus
god save captain slow

It means that the red LED (empty breech) will be overlayed with intermittent yellow blinks. Once the eyes have something in their path again, the LED will turn gree, overlayed with yellow or white blinks (I forget which.) Essentially what it's doing now is turning straight to yellow as opposed to green.

I only have issues if I have broken paint or there's crap in the eye sockets.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:05 PM #11
RangerJoe
Fight.

RangerJoe plays in the USPL
RangerJoe plays in the PSP
RangerJoe plays in the APPA D1 division
damn lucky
Old 05-29-2007, 06:22 PM #12
android17ak47
No!!!!!

If you email them at thier europe addy sales@luckyeurope.co.uk , tell them your problem and they should respond fast. I emailed them to ask if they still deal with the US and Canada, and they responded within hours and said yes.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:54 PM #13
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Yeah, I got a response. I need to get a new battery connector so as soon as I do I'm gonna mess with it again. Maybe it's always done this and I never noticed it.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:22 PM #14
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Alright, now it wont detect paint no matter what I do. The LED is always red even if the eyes are disconnected.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 PM #15
p8ntgoalie93

p8ntgoalie93 helped look for balloons
p8ntgoalie93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i have a similar problem with my ego, it will say that tehre is an eye fault, but when i put the stock board in, the eyes work fine, and i have put in 2 differnet sets of working eyes and batteries i seriously need help with this too
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM #16
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
robinsucks is a Supporting Member
robinsucks is a founding member
robinsucks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robinsucks supports our troops
robinsucks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
robinsucks is a Forum Captain
You're not describing a problem. The gun has to cycle correctly again for the yellow light to start blinking yellow. You aren't cycling the gun so it is not registering that the error has gone away.

Basically the board is just smarter than your finger.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:37 PM #17
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

Quote:
Alright, now it wont detect paint no matter what I do. The LED is always red even if the eyes are disconnected.
Well then answer me that, robin.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM #18
p8ntgoalie93

p8ntgoalie93 helped look for balloons
p8ntgoalie93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsucks View Post
You're not describing a problem. The gun has to cycle correctly again for the yellow light to start blinking yellow. You aren't cycling the gun so it is not registering that the error has gone away.

Basically the board is just smarter than your finger.
no, the gun cycles correctly but it constantly says that the eyes aer faulty, when i use brand new eyes and eyes that work with my stock board
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM #19
shadowed1701
The one and only

shadowed1701 supports Team VICIOUS
shadowed1701 is for the Gunfight
shadowed1701 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that is happening to me too...but i cant change my eyes on r.o.f.! (i know how but i keep on trying but its not working)