PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-27-2007, 03:44 PM #1
drakonus
Crazy Asian!

Mini Killing Batteries!!!!!!!

Okay, I have been having afew few minor problems and it has been like the battery I place inside of my mini. Right before my next team practice, I loaded a fresh Energizer 9 volt, (Yes, it is fresh, I test each one with a volt-meter) and went to practice. But, practice was cancelled and I brought my stuff home, broke out my mini and found that the 9 volt battery has been drained from 9.46 volts to 7.74 volts. What would the problem be? HELP ME OUT GUYS!
2007 Syracuse Chaos - Owner - #15
2008 Syracuse Chaos - Owner - #15
2009 Syracuse Chaos - Owner - #15
2008 Mont Royal NRG - CXBL
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2007, 04:04 PM #2
dmbxvii

dmbxvii helped look for balloons
which board do you have 1.1 or 1.2? The earlier minis with the 1.1 board had that exact problem. You'll have to send it in to KEE to get a replacement
Old 05-27-2007, 04:08 PM #3
drakonus
Crazy Asian!

It's a 1.2
Old 05-27-2007, 04:43 PM #4
drakonus
Crazy Asian!

How do I go about sending something back to these guys? Do I need a RMA number and a reason why it is sent back? These folks don't answer their emails at all.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:25 PM #5
VERUMc0re
Team ALTER EGO

VERUMc0re owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
k

Ive seen this problem many times, its a board issue they had to recall the first batch of mini's i believe. What I would do is buy the APE board..... if u dont have the money pull out the bats when ur not playing ( pain in the *** but will leave you with a gun as opposed to sending it in and waiting on the turn around..) I know that the openly admited the battery drain issue with the older ones, try searching the threads i know i have seen it a few times..

--Griffin "Verum"
Old 05-27-2007, 06:11 PM #6
vtec407

I have the 1.2 board and still using the stock Duracell that it came with. I've dry fired 4 tanks, and shot half a case so far.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 PM #7
dmbxvii

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec407 View Post
I have the 1.2 board and still using the stock Duracell that it came with. I've dry fired 4 tanks, and shot half a case so far.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'd do what Verum said and get the ape board. I don't have the cash for one but It's a good upgrade and it'll help ya in the long run.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM #8
Schtuff
Hippy

Schtuff is playing at Living Legends III
Schtuff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Schtuff supports Team VICIOUS
Schtuff is for the Gunfight
well, call PB solutions send it back
Old 05-27-2007, 08:53 PM #9
mht_thomp

mht_thomp is a Supporting Member
probably not the problem, but just as an alternate theory... look at the wires and make sure neither one is exposed, and if so, touching metal. this will bleed the battery's charge away. happened with my shocker.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:35 PM #10
VERUMc0re
Team ALTER EGO

VERUMc0re owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just my idea... I personaly hate sending guns in, because of the turn around time. I am not like some of you all that has a backup gun that is almost as good as your main gun.... I personaly have a 2k1 Dark angel as my backup..... solid gun just no where near todays technology, and playing for a month with my angel against people with egos and what not is upsurd.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:06 AM #11
4x4le

^^^^^ not really, I see people with pumps do well aginanst egos and what not. Im sure your a1 is better than a pump right?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 AM #12
dmbxvii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
^^^^^ not really, I see people with pumps do well aginanst egos and what not. Im sure your a1 is better than a pump right?
before you start a flame war you should realize the pump guns today are both lighter and smaller then that a1, making snapshooting and overall moving a whole lot easier. It's also a different style of play, instead of focusing on "pinning your target" you stretch for that one perfect shot. One Ball, One Elimination that's how it works. By saying an 2k1 Angel surpasses the pump and therefore the pump player, is completely wrong. Pump players are some of the best snapshooters Ive ever seen, they often rock the snake every game and are at the 50.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:40 AM #13
drakonus
Crazy Asian!

Well, thanks for the input guys. I placed a battery in last night and it only drained a little. Enough for one of my xball matches. I certainly have enough other guns, but the mini was option as a starter gun in bad weather. Also, I would rather not use a pump gun in a xball match trying to support my snake guy. No offense.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:05 AM #14
4x4le

i wasnt trying to offend anyone with my pump comment. Maybe it is easy to take what I said wrong. I have great respect for guys with pumps. Im not cool enough to use one.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:14 AM #15
Chattanooga baller
.....Very Nice.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
i wasnt trying to offend anyone with my pump comment. Maybe it is easy to take what I said wrong. I have great respect for guys with pumps. Im not cool enough to use one.
.....your almost not good enough to use a mini...

j/k
Old 06-03-2007, 03:32 PM #16
zach1984

im havin the same prob. gun is 1 week old , have shot 1 and a half cases of paint . 1.2 board . 3 batteries 6/3/07