PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 PM #1
killswitch45

Thinking Etek Ego

whats up guys, new to this forum. i have owned an impulse for a year or two and decked the **** out of it, spent most of my time on the impulse forum. well i started researching guns and then i spent a lot of my time in the freestyle forum cause of the fs8. this is what ive come up with for my next gun

Shocker (nxt or the one before it)
ICD fs8
Pm6
Etek Ego

now i like stacked tube markers like the impulse, ego, dm, pm... not sure if i want a gun style like the ion or shocker. i ruled out pm6 because of maintenace. 2nd guessing the fs8 cause of the reg balancing and icd is a small company. Now the reason i am currently researching the Etek is because i read it is little maintenance, and its not an ego cause no qevs, and stock board capped.

Now the question is, with the virtue board or somthing else, can the gun still cycle faster than 15bps, and i assume it can. also, are the internals different than the regular ego? and i read u cant fit the star frame on it, true? meaning there are different ego and etek trigger upgrades, correct?

Let me know guys, Brian
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2007, 10:36 PM #2
cheezsteak
GONE

I don't have the stock board, but I think there is an uncapped semi.

The Star frame can be made to fit.

Some parts are interchangeble, in one of the stickies it lists what is and what is not.

The ETek is the best marker I have ever used. I like it so much, I might get another one.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 AM #3
killswitch45

wow 29 views and 1 reply, this seems like a forum willing to go out of its way, not. this really makes want an etek, cause if something goes wrong, i now know i will have lots of people to get my back and many replies to my thread if my gun were to break.

great job guys.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:35 AM #4
Forsaken Evil

Yea firing mode 1 is Semi-Uncapped, and I highly doubt you could shoot faster than the ETek can handle. I would recomend the ETek for what your looking for, as it has very little maintainence and hardly ever breaks down. If you treat it well, you will have no problems with it. The Star frame does fit with some slight milling, people can do it for you. There are also other boards like the Tadao and Virtue that you can get if you really want a speed boost, even though it doesn't do all that much if you play tourneis, still has to be capped at 15.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 AM #5
T*wAgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken Evil View Post
Yea firing mode 1 is Semi-Uncapped, and I highly doubt you could shoot faster than the ETek can handle. I would recomend the ETek for what your looking for, as it has very little maintainence and hardly ever breaks down. If you treat it well, you will have no problems with it. The Star frame does fit with some slight milling, people can do it for you. There are also other boards like the Tadao and Virtue that you can get if you really want a speed boost, even though it doesn't do all that much if you play tourneis, still has to be capped at 15.
QFT.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:02 AM #6
jahlad
Emortal

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch45 View Post
wow 29 views and 1 reply, this seems like a forum willing to go out of its way, not. this really makes want an etek, cause if something goes wrong, i now know i will have lots of people to get my back and many replies to my thread if my gun were to break.

great job guys.
dont worry if you do have any problems....pritty much all of us in the factory that builds the guns reads this forum on a daily basis and answer most tech questions within a matter of a couple of hours, including weekends.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:27 PM #7
MattK09

has been a member for 10 years
I would go with the E*tek, Shockers are nice when you get them working and set up right, I've yet to see a really nice FS8 working in person, and I personally dont think the PM6's or any PM for that matter are worth it. I have an E*tek and it is flawless out of the box. As for the board thing, mode 1 is uncapped semi and it is pretty fast, i use psp ramping though due to local tournament rules, so the board isn't a problem. Hope this helps any, good luck.
Barrels 4 Sale
Feedback
Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 PM #8
killswitch45

i heard when the ego or the etek was designed the company put a timmy and impulse together to make the gun, true? if so, then it would be easy for me to upgrade to an etek from my impulse. since there are no qevs on the etek like the ego does, it is pretty much an impulse. bolt above ram and the noid sits bellow the ram, valve under the feedneck under the bolt, and it comes stock with an lpr.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:55 PM #9
Chattanooga baller
.....Very Nice.....

etek FTW
Old 05-25-2007, 05:00 PM #10
kidpainter08
shi* happens

if u are looking to get a etek check my sig i sell it to u for 600
TBDamage Fan #117
Old 05-25-2007, 05:54 PM #11
joey the cool....er
nobody

joey the cool....er helped look for balloons
keep BST out of here

anyway out of those mentioned i would take the etek.

LIVE: r3sp0ns3 | steam: joey_the_cool
Old 05-27-2007, 02:39 PM #12
killswitch45

basically the etek works like an impulse or timmy? ive never seen a timmy up close or shot one, but i know my imp in and out, jw what the etek can compare to.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:59 PM #13
bigdaddyreg
Im doing 10 in the nation

bigdaddyreg is a Supporting Member
bigdaddyreg supports Cereal Killerz 2
bigdaddyreg donated to help Peyton Trent
bigdaddyreg owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bigdaddyreg supports our troops
bigdaddyreg is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:

great job guys.
I guess going out the way is a two way street, if you just went out of the way and searched, you could have found 100 of the same crazy thread you are making, plus pe has your back, and we got back up 2nd. just read and research and you will be fine. Do you e mail nike when you cant make up your mind on shoes

I have expired infractions that are older than most members of PBNation
Old 05-28-2007, 03:59 AM #14
killswitch45

wow ur kool not! too bad after that post and my complaining people talked and my questions were answered. next time actually read before u post.

anyway, im just trying to find out how the etek compares to the impulse. i mean, ofcourse its better, but design wise or function...they pretty much the same?

anyone got an etek animation?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:37 AM #15
bigdaddyreg
Im doing 10 in the nation

bigdaddyreg is a Supporting Member
bigdaddyreg supports Cereal Killerz 2
bigdaddyreg donated to help Peyton Trent
bigdaddyreg owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bigdaddyreg supports our troops
bigdaddyreg is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
wow ur kool not! too bad after that post and my complaining people talked and my questions were answered. next time actually read before u post.

anyway, im just trying to find out how the etek compares to the impulse. i mean, ofcourse its better, but design wise or function...they pretty much the same?

anyone got an etek animation?

Regardless when I said anything, you just need to research and stop making Vs, threads. Since you know it is better than an impulse....good comparison then just download an etek manual and just read

I have expired infractions that are older than most members of PBNation
Closed Thread