PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 PM #1
pb-reed (Banned)

ion board

Ok iam a little stupid when it comes to boards so this might be a newbish question but here it is, I have a ion and want a "uncapped" board. Everywere is says " board x is fast that board z " but arnt they all uncapped besides the bh? Does it really make a difference in pure speed wich board you get?

before someone says this i know there is a vast difference in eye logic and advanved setting like abs. All i wanna know is there a difference in pure raw speed.

reed
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM #2
android17ak47
No!!!!!

First, you will need a loader that can provide the speed you are looking for. I always reccomend a pulse and rf chip.

For your board inquiry, most boards will probably max out at the same speed, but from all the vids I have seen, the lucky boards are the fastest eyes on. The virtue board form my experience comes in seconds. I havent seen too many tadao'd ions maxing out, and the only couple I seen maxed out at around 21bps.

Tag sports is coming out with a board for the ion and all thier boards are known for superior eye logic. That is alos how we have the couple vids with an angel and a mag shooting 34bps. It was done using predator boards. And I have seen vids pf predator boards hitting 31bps eyes on, so I'm sure with the right other upgrades, and a predator board you should see some amazing results.

You will just have to wait for wnough opinions to be posted here before you get the opinion that makes the majority of posts. I hope this helped.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 PM #3
pb-reed (Banned)

ok, so what you are saying is that all the functions of the board aka eye logic ect.. are all related to the max rof. Things are kind of making sense now. What have you heard about the ape rampage board.

Please keep opinion coming on wich is the best ion board. I would like to see this post put a dent in the vast quantity of -ion board- threads

reed

p.s tag already made a ion board.. iam rolling with a reloader b, but may upgrade.
http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/202/ very bottom.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:10 AM #4
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb-reed View Post
ok, so what you are saying is that all the functions of the board aka eye logic ect.. are all related to the max rof. Things are kind of making sense now. What have you heard about the ape rampage board.

Please keep opinion coming on wich is the best ion board. I would like to see this post put a dent in the vast quantity of -ion board- threads

reed

p.s tag already made a ion board.. iam rolling with a reloader b, but may upgrade.
http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/202/ very bottom.
They did but it hasnt been released. I am on thier fliier list and have requested a month ago to definately be updated for its release.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 PM #5
pb-reed (Banned)

oh ok that explains alot.

keep opinions coming.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 PM #6
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong

QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
In terms of boards, really, no unless you are talking about eye logic dwell timing and the such.

On the other hand, pure pneumatics, yes. Poppets are ALWAYS going to be faster than Spool Valve markers, that is just how it works out. So once you get into operating pressures and everything like that some markers are just going to be faster. So once you put a board in it, no matter what brand it is, Virtue, Tadao, APE, after set up correctly, it all comes down to the type or style of marker you have put it in.

I use Canon, oh yes.