Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-15-2003, 06:14 PM #1
dufbeer84
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Lookin for tournys Wi IL boarder

hey i have a starting out 5 man team and were pretty good. Were lookin for some tourneys were going to be playin badlandz series but were lookin for some more willin to travel into il and uper wi so just post some tournsy for me.
Thx
Tim Duffy
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2003, 01:09 AM #2
subbeh

Check out...

www.stalkerpaintball.com
www.apocalypsepaintball.com
www.bfgpaintball.com
Old 04-16-2003, 03:06 PM #3
dufbeer84
Awaiting Email Confirmation

cool thx any more?
Old 04-16-2003, 04:58 PM #4
becker6988
(.)(.)

i live in lower wisconsin a good turney place is BFG paintball its is a little north of Milwaukee checkbit out www.bfgpaintball.com if u ever need someone give me a e-mail becker6988@hotmail.com

//*//Axe//*//
//*//Virtue board//*//
//*//Freak kit//*//
//*//SE Black & Gold i4s//*//
//*//Empire Prophecy//*//
Old 04-16-2003, 04:59 PM #5
becker6988
(.)(.)

i am reading those sites he had and it already shows BFG a couple of other places are www.junglecatpaintball.com and www.paintballdaves.com none of them are in the same league as BFG

//*//Axe//*//
//*//Virtue board//*//
//*//Freak kit//*//
//*//SE Black & Gold i4s//*//
//*//Empire Prophecy//*//
Old 04-30-2003, 12:40 PM #6
patriotpaintball1

Patriot Paintball is holding a couple of **free** tourneys.

May 3rd. free 5-man
may 17th free 3-man
june 14th $110 cash prize 3-man.
june 28th free 3-man.

for the free events, all you pay for is $10 per person for all day air,
and $80 a case of diablo paint.

for the $110. 3-man, cash prize based off how many teams show.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:37 PM #7
JPG

Quote:
Originally posted by becker6988
i am reading those sites he had and it already shows BFG a couple of other places are www.junglecatpaintball.com and www.paintballdaves.com none of them are in the same league as BFG

BFG paintball sucks, don't waste your time or $100 a case there ...
Old 05-01-2003, 01:35 AM #8
Trix_are_for_Me_10

Agreed!!! what a waste that place is.
NYX #363 --> for sale

Purdue Paintball - President
www.genenow.com
www.hammerheadpaintball.com
www.back80.com - best field in WI/MN
http://www.naptownkilla.com./
Old 05-01-2003, 10:40 AM #9
bushmaster14

check out The Edge paintball
they dont have a website yet, but we played an event there and it kicked a$$
idk there number either but
deadatthe50 on these boards works there i think
later

Nate
Wretched Seven

I HATE THE SWEDISH REFS
Old 05-01-2003, 01:08 PM #10
Lamby66

BFG is a great field with a new highy skilled reffing staff. I would not pay attention to anyone from team evolution.

They are still pissed that they got smoked in a 5 man AM at BFG
here are the results:
http://bfgpaintball.com/tourneyfile/5man02022003.htm

They are also loud mouths that are not very fun to play around. They would be great if all you want to hear is complaining. Or if you enjoy playing with cheaters or should I just say it WIPERS!!

To set the record straight, Paint is $75 if bought day of the tourney not $100.

There are some great teams that play there and you will have some good compitition. There are also a bunch of just all around good people there which makes even the worst showing fun.

The only problem (and I dont think this is a problem really) is that once you finish in the top 3 of a division you can not play in a tourney at BFG lower than that division. That means we have not been able to play Pride, Kids, or 7th Plague in a long time. I like playing teams at that level and not the Novice division that we are playing now. I want to go AM at a national level and we NEED to practice against AM level teams to get good enough to do it well. Not to mention that all 3 of those team's players are fun to be around and helpfull.

Proud owner of a Flatline Powered
Pimped out E-Class Orracle
Old 05-06-2003, 12:10 PM #11
ForcesOfNature

Quote:
Originally posted by Lamby66 .
here are the results:
Well If they got smoked I guess so did you since you only were one spot above them.... Its just their opinons and there is no reason to get all pissy about it... So just chill out dude... And Im not a fan of BFG either
Old 05-06-2003, 03:08 PM #12
Lamby66

True, but we were off, and got aced out of the finals in the last game.

We had a pretty good showing considering it was our 1st amature attempt and I will not blame our outcome on anything other than:

1) we need to learn to beat the AGD kids (I love the guys, but they make tourneys a major beeoooch!!)
2) we were not agressive enough in a couple of games that cost us pretty big.

All and all BFG has worked, and worked hard, to fix their short falls. I think that they have did great at the last few tourneys. Even the 5 man that we are refering too (the one that we finished in 8th in)

PS, that tourney was only 4 months after we formed. Not bad for noobs

Old 05-06-2003, 07:35 PM #13
JPG

Quote:
Originally posted by Lamby66
BFG is a great field with a new highy skilled reffing staff. I would not pay attention to anyone from team evolution.

here are the results:

They are also loud mouths that are not very fun to play around. They would be great if all you want to hear is complaining. Or if you enjoy playing with cheaters or should I just say it WIPERS!!

To set the record straight, Paint is $75 if bought day of the tourney not $100.

There are some great teams that play there and you will have some good compitition. There are also a bunch of just all around good people there which makes even the worst showing fun.

The only problem (and I dont think this is a problem really) is that once you finish in the top 3 of a division you can not play in a tourney at BFG lower than that division. That means we have not been able to play Pride, Kids, or 7th Plague in a long time. I like playing teams at that level and not the Novice division that we are playing now. I want to go AM at a national level and we NEED to practice against AM level teams to get good enough to do it well. Not to mention that all 3 of those team's players are fun to be around and helpfull.

now that's an unbiased opinion....

and a BFG team playing AM in national events, ha
Old 05-07-2003, 04:01 PM #14
Lamby66

we are NOT a bfg team. The ONLY team that is supported by BFG is adrenalin rush. The Cows have not received one single incentive from BFG (money, paint, free field time, nothing).

We have 2 sponsors right now:

1) a bar/ resturant-- Clifford's (Good eats)
2) a machine shop-- Argon industries (use of a laser and a lathe)

both donated money to us for tourneys. but that is IT..

You were talking about us being a "BFG team" before, we just play there, and unlike you get along with the people there.

The Kids are going AM at cup, they play there and do pretty well in National tourneys. Rush plays Novice, also not too bad in Nats.

What national tourneys do you play? PSP? If so maybe we can square off again in Chicago. We will be playing Novice.

Or you can just stay at your field apocalypse is it? and collect the HUGH prizes they offer

I for one will will keep practicing, play ALL available teams, play on ALL available fields, Play in all available conditions (as long as I wont smoke the emag) and get better and better until you will see us more often on warpig or TV than you will in person.

As I said before, there are alot of people here that can make up their own mind. If you dont like BFG, fine, stay away. But dont tell other to stay away because you got beat and got pissed off.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:05 AM #15
JPG

Quote:
Originally posted by Lamby66
we are NOT a bfg team. The ONLY team that is supported by BFG is adrenalin rush. The Cows have not received one single incentive from BFG (money, paint, free field time, nothing).

We have 2 sponsors right now:

1) a bar/ resturant-- Clifford's (Good eats)
2) a machine shop-- Argon industries (use of a laser and a lathe)

both donated money to us for tourneys. but that is IT..

You were talking about us being a "BFG team" before, we just play there, and unlike you get along with the people there.

The Kids are going AM at cup, they play there and do pretty well in National tourneys. Rush plays Novice, also not too bad in Nats.

What national tourneys do you play? PSP? If so maybe we can square off again in Chicago. We will be playing Novice.

Or you can just stay at your field apocalypse is it? and collect the HUGH prizes they offer

I for one will will keep practicing, play ALL available teams, play on ALL available fields, Play in all available conditions (as long as I wont smoke the emag) and get better and better until you will see us more often on warpig or TV than you will in person.

As I said before, there are alot of people here that can make up their own mind. If you dont like BFG, fine, stay away. But dont tell other to stay away because you got beat and got pissed off.
Haha... I Don't play for whatever team you think I do, I was just commenting on your biased words about BFG and your smack talking to whatever team it was. I do not play at apocalypse and the first and last time I was at BFG my team ended up playing eachother all day because none of the "house" teams wanted to play us after a couple games.

And as for chicago, work on placing in your BFG tournies first...
Old 05-08-2003, 09:13 AM #16
absolute_pball
The Mower aka FATHEAD

Apocalypse has the best tournies in the state by far. A lot of teams, good competition, great reffing and free lunch. If you wanna play some good competition go play at apocalypse. Even if you wanna just come up and practice, it is still free lunch, free air, $11 or $12 field fee and you can bring your own paint. Apocalypse paintball has been producing players that have or now do compete on well know teams such as:

The Family
Centerflag
Shocktech Factory
Brimstone Smoke
BBT Factory (now forming)

As for BFG, I personally do not like the place. I have played in 3 tournies there and I have decided to not waste my money or time any more on their tournies. I would have to disagree with the statement about the highly skilled reffing staff. They need alot of work, in my opinion. For some reason it is a big deal to get a ref to check somebody. I still don't get that, I mean that is what they are there for. Aren't they? Maybe if they get their act together they could run a great tourney, they have the facilities. They should come up to apoc sometime and see how a real tournament is run.

Jesse

Last edited by absolute_pball : 05-08-2003 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:35 PM #17
Lamby66

been off this bd for a while..

First I want to appoligize to JPG.. I thought you were someone else

I have to agree that there have been reffing problems at BFG. The first couple of tourneys were attrocious <?> but they have been getting bettter every tourney. I still am happy with the quality of people that play and work there. I enjoy their company, and like to shoot the ***** with them. It makes for a good time on my part.

Jesse,
I was hoping to see you there again, or atleast in another tourney somewhere. We never had the chance to play you guys, and it looks like you have a pretty good team. Is Absolute heading south for the Chicago Open?? If so maybe we can get together as the Cows will be there. (Novice to the best of my knowledge)

If Absolute would ever like some scrimmage partners, drop me a PM. I am sure the cows are up to it.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:58 PM #18
pbmaniac

You also have to try Ultimate Paintball in Fox Lake, WI. They are a new field and have an awesome air field and a sweet speedball course. They have a couple wooded fields with a shack but thats not my bag.

They have a 3 man rookie tourney on June 14th. They're giving 75% of the registration fee back in prizes. Paint price is $65/case.

If you havent tried it you should. I just posted their BYOP days in a different thread. I have played at all the fields in southern WI and I think they are one of the best. They have a team thats hard to beat though. The Splat Monkeys took first place in the League last fall.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:40 AM #19
absolute_pball
The Mower aka FATHEAD

Lamboy,

We are playing the chicago open. But we are mainly playing 7 man this year. So if you wanna set up a practice we would rather play 7 man.

Jesse
Old 05-21-2003, 01:49 PM #20
FuKuLosErfoOL
MW ftw

Alright BFG acctually is a very great place..........for open play...the tourys are still iffy but improving consistantly....like now they got a compressor for fills.....i beleve they have a GREAT floor cleaner on the way to clean the floors and they are using new sawdust that is alot more grippy.....now to the reffs.......the reffs for the last 2 (i beleve) were team adrenalin rush......now i know some of you hate em thats great i dont care.....but you gotta relalize the team had been together for a very slim amount of time and couldnt comunicate well.....also a good reffing clinic was needed and i beleve that a cupple now have been had and all was good....(so dont take it out on BFG for the poor reffing) so with the reffs being trained better and a compressor all the place needs is some good teams to come and play.....now i dont recamend any now that summer is on its way....go play outside but when fall starts to come BFG will be ready and possably renovated NICE!!!!!

Now what was that JPG "and a BFG team playing AM in national events, ha"
well hell BFG's sponsered team Adrenalin Rush is playing the PSP series....yes in rookie not Am...but still on the national level rookie aint nothin to shake your head at.....and put into the calculations that the team is very very new like set up right befor L.A. open and they took 4th in the 5man division...now in vegas its a different story they got there ***** handed to them but are still 4th in points from what i heard.........

Also to AGD Kids are up at BFG alot also....now they are not a bfg team but close enough...they are playin am this year and also too they Won Skyball this year....aww wow a team that plays at bfg (i know not a home team or anything but still) and winning on the nation level in the am division.....

umm alright i think that is all from me....just please when you bash a place please state what upset you.....those places can use that to make improvments...and dont make stuff up eather thats just friggin gay like $100 for paint...come on now.....alright now go shoot someone!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 03:10 PM #21
Lamby66

I could not have said it better myself... Even if I did say all the same stuff

Let BFG go through their "growing pains" and you will see that every tourney is better than than the last. All you can ask for is "constant improvement", and it is a pretty hard goal. BFG is all over it!!!