PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 PM #1
EclipsePaintball155 (Banned)
SKANK!

debounce...?

im new to an etek, but i just had a question on debounce for the etek...what does it really do?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2007, 08:19 PM #2
etekkid55

stops the gun from bouncing..what does it sound like? the higher the debounce, the less ur gun will bounce

WTT MY TANK FOR A 45/4500 PM ME!!!

feedback- http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=320663
Old 05-20-2007, 08:22 PM #3
DyeDm4_06
Bang Bang GTFO!!!

with many electronic guns there is a micro swith controling the trigger. With these micro switch it is different then a mechanical gun with a sear much like a spyder. With the electo gun the trigger normally trips the microswitch which then sends signals to the solenoid that controls gas flow. What debounce then is when the microswitch is at a light enough stage that it cant tell the difference between a real pull and a vibration. So when you get into amazing new boards they have to control the microswitch to prevent it from spitting out bursts or full auto fire.

Please correct me if im wrong.
\m/
Old 05-20-2007, 09:10 PM #4
salaunw
Yadamean?

^ that was a very good explanation.

But basically if you lower the debounce the gun will bounce more and if you raise the debounce the gun will bounce less.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:23 PM #5
macg1
buck fitches get money

since this question isnt worth its own thread. i want to set my debounce to where it wont bounce detectibely (sp?) and i wont get caught by tourney refs. wondering wat setting would be good but realize it depends on the trigger setup. how would i check to see if it bounces or not?

New Breed Paintball owns.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 PM #6
huffman150
I got an infraction. WTF.

Hold the gun by the snatch grip on the back. Just let it hang there in your hand, then with your other hand, hit the butt of the tank. Give it a good hit too, tourny refs will, if the gun fires, well...then you have bounce. Mechanical bounce to be exact, this means your trigger is not stiff enough and but thrusting the gun forward the trigger itself if heavy enought to trip the micro switch. Stiffen the spring tension or shorten the pull of the trigger.

As for electronic bounce, I just pull the trigger lightly onto the microswitch, just to where I feel it start to trip it. If it does and then bounces back and trips it again, maybe 2 -3 times with just a light trigger pull, then raise your debounce on the board. If you lightly pull the trigger and it just fires one at a time...then you should be good to go as far as electronic bounce is concerned.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 AM #7
SKANK!

thanks guys. just wonderin what it did exactly
Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 AM #8
macg1
buck fitches get money

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffman150 View Post
Hold the gun by the snatch grip on the back. Just let it hang there in your hand, then with your other hand, hit the butt of the tank. Give it a good hit too, tourny refs will, if the gun fires, well...then you have bounce. Mechanical bounce to be exact, this means your trigger is not stiff enough and but thrusting the gun forward the trigger itself if heavy enought to trip the micro switch. Stiffen the spring tension or shorten the pull of the trigger.

As for electronic bounce, I just pull the trigger lightly onto the microswitch, just to where I feel it start to trip it. If it does and then bounces back and trips it again, maybe 2 -3 times with just a light trigger pull, then raise your debounce on the board. If you lightly pull the trigger and it just fires one at a time...then you should be good to go as far as electronic bounce is concerned.
<3

New Breed Paintball owns.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:33 PM #9
SKANK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macg1 View Post
<3

agreed