PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 PM #1
timmyfreak15 (Banned)
N-Hamm

Event #2 pics or video?

anybody got any pics or video from the event today?

and i would like to add a sidenote that the refs on field 4 absolutely sucked and were never consistent with pulling people for having their barrel not below thier waist. our guy got pulled for it when we played at least 2 teams that had people with their guns above their waist and the refs did nothing. nobody would even come onto the field to check anybody... and when i was shooting i saw a ref flailing his arms and like 10 seconds later i looked over to realize he was calling me out. he couldn't even walk onto the field to pull me. worst reffing ever. ik our team will never be back again

and honestly what tournament that boasts to be "the biggest tournament in the midwest" makes the teams play on a small *** 3-man field? we dont pay a ton of money and stay overnight in hotels to play 3-man fields.

Last edited by timmyfreak15 : 05-20-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2007, 07:04 PM #2
eclipseplayer43
PMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreak15 View Post

and honestly what tournament that boasts to be "the biggest tournament in the midwest" makes the teams play on a small *** 3-man field? we dont pay a ton of money and stay overnight in hotels to play 3-man fields.
true field did suck
Old 05-20-2007, 07:07 PM #3
timmyfreak15 (Banned)
N-Hamm

thank you. at least somebody agrees
Old 05-20-2007, 07:48 PM #4
Bunker Munki
Chi-Town Fury

field did suck but you cant call a series horrible b/c a couple refs didn't catch people with their guns below their waist and one that didnt feel it necessary to come over to you to tell you that you were out.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:55 PM #5
juice18
Green Police

juice18 is a Supporting Member
If you have a problem with it bump up to D2, they play on the Xball field all day.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM #6
timmyfreak15 (Banned)
N-Hamm

and get absolutely creamed. no thank you. its the torunament series job to make sure their refs are consistant. this same crap happened to us the first event also.

they are pulling in in upwards of $18,000 in ONE day for a tournament. the least they could do would be to train the refs at a psp certification clinic or something. i mean where does that $18,000 go? of course they did just get some new xball bunkers but in no way does that total $18,000. plus they make that much money every event! there are around 6 events. its rediculous
Old 05-20-2007, 08:14 PM #7
Samrog777
HOLY CRAP LIONS

has been a member for 10 years
Samrog777 plays in the PSP
Samrog777 plays in the APPA D4 division
That shocktech field was sweet... it was like wide open, you could win every game w/ 5 guns up off the break.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:14 PM #8
protobabe69
**MW**

aside form how the feilds suck which they did im with all of u but does anyone have pics?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:15 PM #9
Blitzriegk-unit#1
ChristKrew

im not jking i like the st field
snake was killer
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM #10
britt89

britt89 is a Supporting Member
britt89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzriegk-unit#1 View Post
im not jking i like the st field
snake was killer
qft
Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM #11
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
We had one (IMO) ****ty call, which I believe prevented us from making the semi-finals. It was down to 2v1 and one of our players apparently already had a hit on his hopper which he didn't know about. He ran up the field and shot the last guy (who called himself out), the refs proceeded to pull both our players for playing on, but then also put the other player *back in* and let him grab and cap the flag.

Other than that, the playing and reffing was great. It didn't rain either (which is was supposed to). Field 4 wasn't great, especially looking at it at first, but playing on it was good enough.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 05-21-2007, 06:39 PM #12
timmyfreak15 (Banned)
N-Hamm

idk. all i know is that every event one or two teams get f'ed over bigtime with bag calls from the refs.

but im done with the critisizm. i just wanted o get it off my chest.

any pics or video?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:18 PM #13
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
Shut up with calling the reffing bad. Deal with it. It's paintball. If you are soo good, you should be shooting all 5 people anyways so quick that it shouldn't matter if a reff missed a call.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM #14
lifeispeachy
.R.F.T.C.

lifeispeachy plays in the PSP
lifeispeachy helped look for balloons
lifeispeachy plays in the APPA D4 division
the pics in this vid are insane

RUN.FROM.THE.COPS!

i still <3 paintball
Old 05-21-2007, 08:47 PM #15
protobabe69
**MW**

if you have pics and vids put them up son
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 PM #16
timmyfreak15 (Banned)
N-Hamm

for real
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 PM #17
Bunker Munki
Chi-Town Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallNAngel View Post
We had one (IMO) ****ty call, which I believe prevented us from making the semi-finals. It was down to 2v1 and one of our players apparently already had a hit on his hopper which he didn't know about. He ran up the field and shot the last guy (who called himself out), the refs proceeded to pull both our players for playing on, but then also put the other player *back in* and let him grab and cap the flag.

Other than that, the playing and reffing was great. It didn't rain either (which is was supposed to). Field 4 wasn't great, especially looking at it at first, but playing on it was good enough.
Watching from the sidelines I saw this happen. Your teammate was hit on the hopper (left side) away from the refs view on the right. The ref all the way acroos on the left side saw the hit tried yelling to take him out but he tried to run through and bunker a kid. He did bunker him and traded out with a hit before bunkering him. thats a 1 for 1. And if I recall you won that game still even with the 1 for 1. If this was the incident on field #2.

I could be wrong but that sure sounds like the 1 for 1 that i saw.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:42 PM #18
timmyfreak15 (Banned)
N-Hamm

i honestly loved the reffing on all of the x-ball fields. no problems there.

field 4 was what pissed me off
Old 05-21-2007, 09:44 PM #19
Womp
August

Womp is an NCPA National Champion
Womp plays in the APPA D2 division
Them CTR boys did very well, reffing a whole day sucks...hard.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:04 AM #20
CFD323
Retired

Yeah CTR def did a great job reffing. No complaints at all!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 PM #21
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Munki View Post
Watching from the sidelines I saw this happen. Your teammate was hit on the hopper (left side) away from the refs view on the right. The ref all the way acroos on the left side saw the hit tried yelling to take him out but he tried to run through and bunker a kid. He did bunker him and traded out with a hit before bunkering him. thats a 1 for 1. And if I recall you won that game still even with the 1 for 1. If this was the incident on field #2.

I could be wrong but that sure sounds like the 1 for 1 that i saw.
Honestly, I don't remember what field it was on (2 or 3) though I'm sure I could ask a teammate which it was (pretty sure it was #2 though). Anyway, my teammate was in the back center and ran up the middle to the X. By this time, I was already eliminated and on my way to the deadbox, which was to his right so I didn't see any hits on him. So I'll have to go by what you're saying.

Anyway, I don't understand why a ref on the sideline would yell to a ref across the field to a ref on the other side to pull the player, when they're the same distance from the player... I mean, why not just go do it yourself instead? Why not just pull them to begin with so there aren't instances like this? I suppose ref zones play into it, but with 3 players on the field, I think it could've been taken care of better (if what you're describing was the case); on the other hand, my memory of the situation is foggy and I wasn't in the refs place.

I'm sure the 1 for 1 was the right call to make, that's not an issue at all. It was the other player being called out, the other player calling *himself* out, then telling him he's still in and can go grab / cap the flag that kinda gets to me.

We did lose that game, I believe our score was 16 for eliminating 4 players and theirs was 50 something. The judges *did* score incorrectly though, they had the points swapped for the teams; we took the sheet up to the scoring table and got it sorted out afterwards though

I also liked the fact that you couldn't watch the games from the sidelines on fields 2 & 3 (made seeing players crossfield much easier) as well as enforcing the deadboxes.

All in all, a great day. Nice weather, great reffing, great teams
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd

Last edited by FallNAngel : 05-22-2007 at 12:33 PM.