Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 AM #22
Brute06

The NME can actually cycle 35, but the electronics only allow for 30. Thanks for the support, though.

Some timmies have been tuned to get over 40 cycles per second (one in particular, that was a beast, though). The fastest bps recorded was 32.4, but there are guns with higher cycle rates.

I wouldn't be so angry if it seriously seemed like he was trying to help, but it just sounded like he was trying to act cool or something. This forum is basically made up of NME owners and since we don't have any technical support, pretty much all of us know our crap. We know what our guns can do, and we know what our guns can't do. That type of crap might fly in some other forum, but not here. I also don't like that he said he likes "bringing on pain". I despise people like that because they give a bad name to paintballer everywhere. I place them in the same lot with the people who freeze their paint or shoot marbles at cars. People like that are the reason paintball got so many bad articles in the new not so long ago. Through the efforts of a lot of hardworking people, paintball is starting to gain the recognition it deserves.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM #23
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Quote:
I was wondering why Lim-Dul was offended. He wasn't making fun of you Lim-Dul. We're just trying to help you out. I didn't think you sounded childish at all. We don't usually make fun of people in the Sys X forum. The people in this forum are pretty nice and very helpful.
I wasn't offended - I just wanted to get things straight. ^^

And thanks for the info - indeed I tested my NME with paint in it over a chrono and it shot like a tornado. Thanks for your support guys. :-D
Old 05-23-2007, 06:22 PM #24
Brute06

Yup, no prob. Like I said, most of the people in this forum are nice. We do our best to help and we actually enjoy it when someone has a question.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 PM #25
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
great. the best gun is a working gun

also, the fastest marker currently is the 06 borg, it clocked in at 33 or something.... pretty crazy
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)

Last edited by SEAL 6 : 05-23-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:19 PM #26
Badmovies
Mostly Harmless

Zak Vetter fired 34.5 bps using an Automag and a Q-Loader. I have never seen proof of anything that surpassed that.

http://www.zakvetter.com/
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM #27
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

cool

btw, virtue virtue virtue virtue virtue virtue.........
Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM #28
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

My Predator Board is on the way. ^^ The main reason for me to buy it are the different ROF settings (global, eyes off etc.)...

As to the Virtue Board - boy, is that a piece of overhyped junk (in my opinion). As I've said before I own an Ion and about every other board except for the stock one and the Blackheart Board is better and/or cheaper (mostly and) than the Virtue Board. (Personally I went for the APE Rampage Board which has like a gazillion options I really love to mess around with. And the membrane pad displaying numbers in binary format is so cool in a nerdy kind of way. :-D)

Have you seen this commercial guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stzjZnOaeD4

Man - every time I'm watching it I just can't stop laughing.

"Bam! It's on!"
"It's kinda like a big choo-choo train." ;-)

Last edited by Lim-Dul : 05-24-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM #29
raistlinaed
survival of the fittest

wow that is hilarious.....

the dude in the commercial was a freak tho... looks like he needs some help

Firststrike Paintball, Newberry/ Gainesville, Florida area

IF YOUR PARENTS DONT PAY FOR YOUR GEAR OR ANY PAINTBALL PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG.........
Old 05-28-2007, 12:09 AM #30
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

ahahaa, i wasn't praising the virtue board, i was just enjoying the word cuz it isn't filtered anymore. it's a good board though.

i use the pred board, however
Old 05-28-2007, 12:56 AM #31
audiotodd
Keepin up w/ the Jonses

Just before I sold my NME LE we threw a Pulse on it and shot reballs over a PB RadarChron ROF (the new hand held 365? i guess) Managed to get 26bps out of it. I miss that thing.
The guy in the vid gives real players a bad name... I would hope we all behave a little better than that. Nice full auto with the attempt to cover it up by walking the trigger nice and slow...lol

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone...the world will speak for him"
Old 05-28-2007, 05:03 AM #32
Mr. Vix

has been a member for 10 years
I can't say I blame you for missing it. I have 2 NMEs now; I love em both and would be hard pressed to sell either one. I don't ever use ramping though (none of the fields I play at allow it) so I doubt I've ever topped 14 pbs. Still, it is nice knowing that they are capable of hitting what ever ROF cap other fields impose.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:27 AM #33
magman687
cocker tech

im not saying this to sound cool but i bleave an nme can hit 32bps i got 28bps with a cocker i made (lots of bounce lol)

it didnt hold at 28bps for long prioly onlyb the 1 sec it takes for the counter to detect it but it will hold at 24 bps and as far as cps i got 32 with it but without paint i guess that dont count lol.

ok point is i dont see y the nme cant do it if you set it up right eyes mode 2 uncapped.

maybe we should try to get 32bps from an nme just to see if we can im getting a pulse soon ill try to twik it when it comes in to see if i can come close.

ill keep you posted
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com

Last edited by magman687 : 05-28-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:04 AM #34
audiotodd
Keepin up w/ the Jonses

Mr.Vix...you're the one who bought my LE. You better love it!!!

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone...the world will speak for him"
Old 05-28-2007, 03:10 PM #35
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i can try to borrow my friends v35 and see what i can do, but it's probabl not the most economical thing to do cuz of paint....
Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM #36
Brute06

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman687 View Post
im not saying this to sound cool but i bleave an nme can hit 32bps i got 28bps with a cocker i made (lots of bounce lol)

it didnt hold at 28bps for long prioly onlyb the 1 sec it takes for the counter to detect it but it will hold at 24 bps and as far as cps i got 32 with it but without paint i guess that dont count lol.

ok point is i dont see y the nme cant do it if you set it up right eyes mode 2 uncapped.

maybe we should try to get 32bps from an nme just to see if we can im getting a pulse soon ill try to twik it when it comes in to see if i can come close.

ill keep you posted
I wasn't saying the NME is incapable of doing 32 cps. It easily hits 35. I was just saying that the electronics don't allow it to do more than 30 (as far as I'm aware I guess). You can try it on eye mode 2. Maybe that'll work, but I don't know. I asked the guy for proof, but he just left and didn't come back. We get people in here all the time who bash sys x, so I usually try to punk 'em down. I love my gun and I refuse to have some ill informed moron come in here and make us all look like idiots. I don't like the fact that he's acting cool and saying he wants to play blisterball and all that crap. I despise the people who give paintball a bad name by going against the rules. Rules and BPS caps are there to make sure the sport stays safe. In my mind, he's just as bad as the guys who freeze the paintballs or use marbles to inflict pain. They're not in it for fun, and they just give the newspeople grounds to say that paintball is for punks and hooligans.

I have no problem if someone wants to come in and help people. If you'd like to do an experiment to see if the electronics will go over 30 bps, I'm all for it. It'll make my arguments slightly more educated in the future. I don't advise that you try to use the gun at 30+ bps while playing with people, but I have no problem with you testing the capabilities of the gun.

If any new guys think I'm a jerk, that's not what I was trying to come off as. You can ask anyone who's been here a while and they'll tell you I'm here to help, but this IS my favorite forum, so I defend it in every way possible from the morons.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:20 PM #37
magman687
cocker tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
I wasn't saying the NME is incapable of doing 32 cps. It easily hits 35. I was just saying that the electronics don't allow it to do more than 30 (as far as I'm aware I guess). You can try it on eye mode 2. Maybe that'll work, but I don't know. I asked the guy for proof, but he just left and didn't come back. We get people in here all the time who bash sys x, so I usually try to punk 'em down. I love my gun and I refuse to have some ill informed moron come in here and make us all look like idiots. I don't like the fact that he's acting cool and saying he wants to play blisterball and all that crap. I despise the people who give paintball a bad name by going against the rules. Rules and BPS caps are there to make sure the sport stays safe. In my mind, he's just as bad as the guys who freeze the paintballs or use marbles to inflict pain. They're not in it for fun, and they just give the newspeople grounds to say that paintball is for punks and hooligans.

I have no problem if someone wants to come in and help people. If you'd like to do an experiment to see if the electronics will go over 30 bps, I'm all for it. It'll make my arguments slightly more educated in the future. I don't advise that you try to use the gun at 30+ bps while playing with people, but I have no problem with you testing the capabilities of the gun.

If any new guys think I'm a jerk, that's not what I was trying to come off as. You can ask anyone who's been here a while and they'll tell you I'm here to help, but this IS my favorite forum, so I defend it in every way possible from the morons.
i agree 100% brute

and ofcourse the test would be just to see how high a bps i can get not to play on the feild with it.

and i know you didnt say the nme cant shoot 32bps or more i was just saying what i did to let the newer ppl know it can.......or well should lol.

anyways as far as the test went right now with a halo b with z code i can get 24....again i think it is just the hopper slowing it down because that is all i can get on my cocker aswell so all goesas planed i will test it with a pulse in about 1-2 weeks.

any1 else get anybetter???

and befor i make a idiot of myself i notice ppl say will the nme le shoot so and so fast and the nme shoot so and so fast but........dont they shoot the same aside from older nme,s haveing older software nme/nme le will shoot the same right?? i dont see why they wouldent unless milling makes a marker faster j/k im not that dumb.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 05-28-2007, 06:00 PM #38
Brute06

It just depends on your software. Some of the older NMEs don't have the same ramping and I don't think they had NXL at all. It's just that the Newer NMEs are sure to have all the firing modes, so it allows them to actually hit the max ROF, whereas the older ones were harder. But yes, the newer ones are the same as the older ones other than the milling and possibly the software.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:05 PM #39
sakephosho (Banned)

My NME LE hit 27 BPS. Dwell 12, LPR 100, Predator Board 5.0 Code, Eigenram, Orange Bolt
Old 05-28-2007, 08:04 PM #40
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

^^^^I've never seen your gun. Do you have any pics or videos of that? Your LPR seems way too high........especially since you have both an eigenram and an orange bolt. Seems as if your consistency and efficiency would be extremely off......

For now I call shens on that......what did you use to measure the BPS?

What's the point in having your NME at such a fast setting when it's shot spread is over 2 feet? Just doesn't seem practical to have it go that fast (although it can with the right settings) when it's consistency is way off and probably too inaccurate, it is probably way off because of the recharge rate.......
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM #41
sakephosho (Banned)

used an x-radar, when your using a hammer that is that light, you need to increase your LPR and dwell. physics my main man.

and as for shens... ...please.

and a shot spread of 2 feet? wow what are you using, the stock barrel? CCM Carbon Fiber Kit using xball bronze 8 inch spread at 50 feet. Recharge rate is good, it's a Torpedo Design with Delrin Piston.

Last edited by sakephosho : 05-28-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:13 AM #42
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

you wouldn't happen to be Sarsinajar would you?

he is right though, when you have less reciprocating mass, your LPR needs to be increased because the ram/bolt have less force when the hit the poppet. the final step required in lightening your bolt/ram is lightening the poppet spring. most people don't do that though, because if you do it wrong, you're screwed

F=MA
force equals mass times acceleration. this is the equation for kinetic energy
another interpretation of the equation is a=f/m.
as you can see in the equation, if you drop the mass, you would need to increase the force in order to achieve the same amount of kinetic energy when hitting the poppet.

just think, a one pound brick traveling 20mph has a lot more force than a block of foam traveling at the same velocity

Last edited by SEAL 6 : 05-30-2007 at 08:30 PM.