PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-15-2003, 11:16 AM #43
BobaFett
Bounty Hunter

has been a member for 10 years
Well, I hope they clear all this up as accurate as possable. The day went well aside from those small issues we all dealt with. Its kind of nerve racking though. My team stands to do very well, if all is calculated properly. We basically maxxed 6 out of our 8 games (some 97s and 100s). I'm nervous how ever with all the "bye" issues. I stood and watched the score board at 10pm, and I heard some refs stating they- "had no idea what they were doing" - as they randomly put 80s in for bye's that shouldnt be there.

My over-all opinion is that the day went well. I'd rather not get the shaft though after we put in such a strong effort at our very first Global.
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2003, 12:08 PM #44
Stealth Agent
Not*Cal

Stealth Agent is a founding member
Stealth Agent helped look for balloons
Thumbs down Not Impressed

Well, Global has two major reputations

First being the best run, most orignized, and largly attended series in the state and surrounding states

Second Global is the most, if not the second most expensive league in the state.

These two things being said, I dont really think players got what they deserve.

For example, Everyone was forced to work with less than 4000psi all day, in most cases players where waiting in line for atleast 30min to an hour for air, only to receive 3600psi at most. most of the time less than that.

Had it been left up to global this wouldnt have even been possible. A guy from Xpaintballoutlet (i think) had to come show them how to run the compressor properly and momentarily had it running to 4000psi which was the miracle of the day. Again, had it been left up to global this wouldnt have happened and everyone would have been down to less than 2000psi without a doubt.

Global charged for everything but parking, and still could not render a decent fill system. Anyone remeber back to last year paying alittle extra hear and there so global could buy this WONDERFUL AIR STATION? Ummmm where is it?

Next on to refs. Its nice to have 5 fields, but some fields only had 3 or 4 refs. And with 5 feilds the day was incredibly slow. Now why have so many fields if you cant ref them. or even run the effecently(sp).

Now i realize not everyone is going to be on my side about this because global really does hold great tournaments. And Cyndi did come around and applogize to most teams about the delay.

Most of my team had to buy a hotel room, and drive up the night before only to pay $250 entry fee, $490 in paint, $75 in ID cards and 6-9 hours in driving to attend globals NEW location. And you know what? it sucked compared to globals old location. Even the reffs and staff that have been with global forever admitted the new location sucked.

If this had happened at Roughneck, everyone would be *****ing alot more than they are.

Globals reputation has saved them from getting thrashed about this event, i hope the situation improves for the next one.

Ok im done
2009 AXBL Champ....Heroes #13
2009 NAX Champs.....USA #13

Thanks for the love & hate....
Old 04-15-2003, 12:34 PM #45
b1uedevi1
Giraffe

b1uedevi1 is a Supporting Member
Re: Not Impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Agent

If this had happened at Roughneck, everyone would be *****ing alot more than they are.

Globals reputation has saved them from getting thrashed about this event, i hope the situation improves for the next one.
wow cant believe someone actually said what i was thinking the whole time
Old 04-15-2003, 01:54 PM #46
Lost06Boys
eat,sleep,play paintball

so does any one have any idea on the final results for 5 man c were?????????????
Old 04-15-2003, 03:50 PM #47
wicked_mag
LOST BOYS

yea i really would like to know

BLING BLING

CA$HMONEY
Old 04-15-2003, 04:12 PM #48
djheadkase
o.g. deadcell snakemonkey

djheadkase donated to help Peyton Trent
djheadkase supports Team VICIOUS
djheadkase supports Pev's Paintball
djheadkase is Legendary
FINAL RESULTS!

found here http://pub169.ezboard.com/fglobalpai...cID=29.to pic
Old 04-15-2003, 05:05 PM #49
LbizZle
killer

LbizZle is a Supporting Member
Re: Re: Not Impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by b1uedevi1
wow cant believe someone actually said what i was thinking the whole time

This is so true roughneck would get destroyed

my feedback

live.to.play
Old 04-15-2003, 05:12 PM #50
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

Re: Not Impressed - RECONSIDER

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Agent

I can see your point without any reservation. Perhaps things could have been (shoulda, coulda, woulda) better specially considering that your squad apparently traveled some distance to play in the GPL. Dude I feel for you and your squad.

To further explain my position on this matter, please check out the thread I started titled "For those who played the 1st event" and perhaps it may give you another perspective. This is not, by any means, intended to marginalize your hardship.... from the sound of it looks like you guys had to overcome A LOT.

My point is this,sometimes bad things happen to good people regardless of their best intentions and effort......

AND REPUTATIONS, AS FAR AS YOUR QUOTE IS CONCERNED, ARE HARD-EARNED AND WELL-DESERVED. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THAT REPUTATION IS A POSITIVE ONE.

Best regards and I hope the next event is a more enjoyable one for you and your team.

/s/ Mel C. Maravilla