PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-14-2003, 06:20 PM #22
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

has been a member for 10 years
The refs could have been alittle more organized and on the ball. But you would have been tired as hell too if you had to ref from 9:00 till 8:30. Im not trying to hide the fact that the reffing could have been better, Im just saying it wasnt their fault.

The air fills really screwed everyone up. Between long air lines and delayed games, it put everyone in a relaxed mood with the hour long waits for their game. GPL is not to blame for the stuff that happened Sunday. The compressor messing up is just something that happened and couldnt have been prevented.

NYJets25- Did you talk to Cyndi about your schedule problem? Im sure if it was a computer error and wasnt supposed to have happened, it would have been corrected.

As far as the finals for the B and C division, they just ran out of time. It was nobody's fault that the compressor messed up and the schedule got delayed. We ran out of time and it got dark too early. I doubt any one of those teams wanted to come back the next week or even better yet, play in the dark. I know alot of teams may have gotten ripped off or whatever but thats just the way it happened.

Cyndi and the rest of the GPL staff-
Thank you for running another great tournament. I figured last years GPL was going to be hard to beat, but this one was right up there. You guys had no control over the problems that happened. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-14-2003, 06:29 PM #23
NYJets25

Yea, man i did talk to cyndi and in the beginning of the tournament we were scored a 16 instead of a 60 or something because our captain signed in the wrong spot, and we got that changed... but with the whole bye thing we talked to them about that aswell and like i said in my post since all the teams didnt finish those games we couldnt be credited that, but i dont understand why the teams that finish the games keep those scores and the teams that didnt get a bye... either way i had a great time and its over... nothing can be changed. and for 70 teams the tournament was ran very well, as well as some of the better reffing i have seen. people who complain about reffing are whining about a cause that will never get fixed or be fixed, no matter what happens there will always be bad calls in ANY SPORT AT ANY TIME so just take it as it goes no body is perfect... and if your such a good player to deserve that call it shouldnt have come down to it in the first place so overall the reffing was great.. i sure as hell kno that i couldnt organize a tournament or ref a tournament for 14 hours straight so once again thank you to all the refs and the staff as well
-Angel 04 Speed With Fly LCD MT Conversion

FEEDBACK - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...readid=1066707
Old 04-14-2003, 06:53 PM #24
ack
you wanna touch my what?!

ack is a Supporting Member
ack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know its a little early.. but are there any plans to fix some of the problems w/ the first event? Another compressor, bigger banks for example. Like I said, I realize its really early for that, but curious if it was thrown around during the long day?
Old 04-14-2003, 07:03 PM #25
LbizZle
killer

LbizZle is a Supporting Member
Compressor going down has nothing to do with bigger tanks... And im sure cyndi and brian will work out all the problems they are known to go overboard to make their customers happy.

my feedback

live.to.play
Old 04-14-2003, 07:38 PM #26
avalanchejh

so

All i have to say is it was a good tourny except for the dick headref on field 2 wearning the x-ball ref jersey and some other bad calls that had happen during the day like the 1 with a shirt that happend our first game and other then that having 3 feed necks snap off of gzs it was good nice fields cept for field 2

zero defect sorry that i stomped on your **** but dont lean it againts the dead box when we kickin your *** also tell that kid not to try to cry about being shoot more then once cuz he will get light up like a christmas tree if even tries to complain

well thats my thoughts on gpl we will be at the next event

cant wait for vegas
Old 04-14-2003, 07:47 PM #27
Lost06Boys
eat,sleep,play paintball

FINAL STANDINGS

Does anyone know who the final winners were last night for 5manC???

Thanx for the props jmd1209 and ZERO DEFECT

Matt M.
LostBoys 5man-c
(the little man)
Old 04-14-2003, 07:49 PM #28
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

avalanchejh- Who took 2nd again? Yeah ***** thats right, WE DID. Ill admit, you beat us, stepped on our guns, and bonus balled the ****ing **** out of our player. Im not the one to complain about being shot the hell up, but that was alittle uncalled for. You dont sit there and pound on the last guy left. Our guns were not leaning on the deadbox, they were laying on the ground. You about took the whole damn deadbox out. All I gotta say is, DONT STEP ON OUR ****.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:55 PM #29
avalanchejh

lol

really how did you guys do at skyball or world cup cuz let me just say 7th skyball and 12th at cup so if you leave your **** there then stfu ******* cuz you can get your mom and dad to buy you new **** and what do you think im going to be threatened buy you i dont think so in the words of david cheppeal "byitch"
Old 04-14-2003, 08:01 PM #30
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

Dude Im not sittin here tryin to start **** with you? I just would rather you not kick my ****. Would you like me to go over and stomp on your gun? I dont think so. We came into that tourny out of no where, played our ***** off, and got what we got. Thats it, Later
Old 04-14-2003, 08:03 PM #31
djheadkase
o.g. deadcell snakemonkey

djheadkase donated to help Peyton Trent
djheadkase supports Team VICIOUS
djheadkase supports Pev's Paintball
djheadkase is Legendary
i thought that the fields were pretty sick.... besides the air problem it was a fun day.. i didnt run into any officiating calls gone bad.. except maybe one against us but human factor isnt perfect..... as for the teams in our division.... FLASH and DINGO.. i stayed for the most part till like ten.. and we got our 80 pts for that bye and you all got your 80 pts too.... defenitly looking foward to playing the next global and getting a shot to win or place on the field.. not on pts.. it was fun.. c ya all in 2 months
Old 04-14-2003, 08:05 PM #32
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

You guys are a good team. Ive heard alot about you, just only played you once. Got a real bad impression from what I saw, but oh well. Im not tryin to talk about your team because you guys are good. Just watch were you step. Enough of the talking ****... it was a good tourny, we both balled our ***** off, and its over. Congrats for beating us. Later
Old 04-14-2003, 08:33 PM #33
avalanchejh

well

Yeah you guys did play your **** right but we just got the luck of having 3 of our games on field 2 which screwed us up bad cuz it sucked but field 3 was my fav where else can you take on 7-8 bunker attempts on that field and still stay alive but hey you guys played good we just didnt get the points we wanted but we also only lost 1 game the entire day to blue chips at like 8.00pm on field 2 with the shadey head ref but **** happens its not like its the end for us
Old 04-14-2003, 08:37 PM #34
Your PAintball God

Wow what an idiot

avalanchejh "" All i have to say is it was a good tourny except for the dick headref on field 2 wearning the x-ball ref jersey and some other bad calls that had happen during the day like the 1 with a shirt that happend our first game and other then that having 3 feed necks snap off of gzs it was good nice fields cept for field 2 "

"zero defect sorry that i stomped on your **** but dont lean it againts the dead box when we kickin your *** also tell that kid not to try to cry about being shoot more then once cuz he will get light up like a christmas tree if even tries to complain "

Talk about sportsmanship LOL LOL man he's just pissed because he went to Skyball did 8th (check the scores again) and can't win at a Local event.. because you probably got spanked by Bluechips and shooters & Looters and alot of other teams yesterday..

But whatever, just because you didn't place doesn't mean that gives you the right to trash other teams.. Whats said on the fields stays on the fields.. Don't bring it into forums and try and make yourself feel better about losing... It's no one elses fault you played like junk but your own so suck it up and deal with it... Practice some more and win the next event and then you will have the last laugh, but as of right now zero defect has the last laugh on you because his team took second and you didn't....

Last edited by Your PAintball God : 04-14-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:55 PM #35
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

Its cool. We had a good season last year and remained friends with everyone. I'd like to do the same this year. Minutemen had a good team. They beat us and Im not gonna complain about that. Im sure we'll meet up again sometime soon.

Later
Old 04-14-2003, 09:56 PM #36
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

Your Paintball God- Who do you play for?
Old 04-14-2003, 10:05 PM #37
Booyahkai

Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
did anyone get the info on the 5man B results. I really want to know how my team did?? we got the 2nd highest score in B, but i don't know how cyndi is going to rank the divisions since there were no finals. This kinda stuff really pisses me off. You work so hard to make the cut and then they tell us that there aren't gonna be final. I hope Global does something to strighten this all out soon cuz i've never had a tournament experience like this one before.

GUNS for salehttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4088591
HUGE TANK SALE!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3863046
Gearbag sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3654110

Last edited by Booyahkai : 04-14-2003 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:20 PM #38
Chicken Man

CFOA ran at least 90 teams, i think closer to 100 or possibly more, in the late march event. It shouldn't be based off of divisions when you have so many teams. There is a way of checking things where novice teams play ams and so forth that will make the scoring cool. Then limiting the games to like 6 or so with semis and finals might help scheduling issues. At the CFOA on like 6 fields or something all fields were done prelims before 1:30...it was pretty cool cause there was no BS...not to mention they were having compressor problems in the morning due to the volume of people!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:28 PM #39
freeagent187
F U...Pay Me

it is a well run tournament that always seems to have some big problems. i just don't agree with the way the finals were handled, most teams work there a**es off to just enough points just to qualify for the finals, (so they can play the supposed best teams in the GPL for the 1st place prize) just to have that taken away. it just seems that you spent all that money on entry and paint and just didn't get the chance to play for the reward you rightly deserved. How sad :-(

next time things will be better right B & C??
Old 04-14-2003, 10:42 PM #40
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

Hey Booyahkai

I know what you mean. The very first time that my team advanced into the finals in the GPL, the weather (not running out of day light) was the problem. We were seeded fourth in the finals and beat two of the teams above us during the prelims. BUT due to the weather, Brian ask for a vote from the teams in the finals if they wanted to continue with it or let the prelim scores be the determining factor as far as result placement was concerned......

Well guess what, the team seeded first opted not to play the finals and the teams placed second and third 'didn't' want to play either...... so we got the short end of the stick.

But that's all good. Like you, I believe that the determining factor as far as result placement is concerned should be your finals score. That way, everyone will know exactly who was the best team there on that day.

The moral of the story is plain and simple. PLAY AS HARD AS YOU CAN, SCORE AS HIGH AS YOU CAN AND LEAVE NOTHING TO DOUBT.

Your team played well and I fully expect to bang heads with you all season long.....and I'm absolutely looking forward to it. As well as banging heads with all the other Div B teams.... of course.

Best regards,
/s/ Mel C. Maravilla
Capt. of the PBX Legion
Capt. of PBX Fatal 5.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:05 PM #41
Booyahkai

Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree with you Ronin. Everything is decided in the finals doesn't matter how you placed in the prelims the finals are what counts. Even though my team got the 2nd highest score. We wanted to battle it out in the finals to see who was really going to come out on top. But the game we had with PBX fatal 5 was a great game and we'll probly get a chance for a rematch in the next event . . I hope Global has a way to correct this situation. Because in my mind the first event never ended and will never end until the finals are played and the score is calculated. Cuz everyone knows its a whole new game in the finals

GUNS for salehttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4088591
HUGE TANK SALE!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3863046
Gearbag sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3654110
Old 04-15-2003, 01:11 AM #42
jkeyser14
Engineer

jkeyser14 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by Booyahkai
Cuz everyone knows its a whole new game in the finals
Amen to that