Are you ready? - Page 4 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Where and when are you going? Are you ready?
No i am not ready to die, if i die i will go to Heaven 22 32.35%
No i am not ready to die, if i die i will go to Hell 15 22.06%
Yes i am ready to die, if i die i will go to Heaven 20 29.41%
Yes i am ready to die, if i die i will go to Hell 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2007, 06:50 PM #64
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
maybe you should.
evidences can lead one to draw conclusions that may be understood as "proof", but only to the one that draws the conclusions using other methods as well.
Ok, RP...the big point here is there is ZERO evidence to draw conclusion that there is a god, that jesus existed as the son of god, or that the bible is real. Whereas there is tons of evidence of science and history...

So by your own logic, because there is NO evidence, then an item is absolutely false.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2007, 07:15 PM #65
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Ok, RP...the big point here is there is ZERO evidence to draw conclusion that there is a god, that jesus existed as the son of god, or that the bible is real. Whereas there is tons of evidence of science and history...

So by your own logic, because there is NO evidence, then an item is absolutely false.
I disagree. we have evidences, but as the apparent norm, folks like you have completely dismissed them. as I have said previously, at least I don't completely dismiss the evidences given on the other side. I may not agree with them, but I do not completely dismiss them as non-evidence.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM #66
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I disagree. we have evidences, but as the apparent norm, folks like you have completely dismissed them. as I have said previously, at least I don't completely dismiss the evidences given on the other side. I may not agree with them, but I do not completely dismiss them as non-evidence.
well, what evidences do you have? I mean, last time I checked there was no proof of a worldwide flood, no evidence of a talking burning bush, no evidence the red sea ever parted, none what so ever some dude walked on water or cured the blind. You understand what I am saying here RP, to use a very crude example...

if one poops in one hand, and prays in the other, what one is going to fill up first, know what I am saying?
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 08:47 PM #67
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
well, what evidences do you have? I mean, last time I checked there was no proof of a worldwide flood, no evidence of a talking burning bush, no evidence the red sea ever parted, none what so ever some dude walked on water or cured the blind. You understand what I am saying here RP, to use a very crude example...

if one poops in one hand, and prays in the other, what one is going to fill up first, know what I am saying?
that was probably the most disrespectful thing ive read on ST:R
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 PM #68
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
that was probably the most disrespectful thing ive read on ST:R
So why when a religious person does the same thing you do not say anything?
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM #69
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
that was probably the most disrespectful thing ive read on ST:R
It was not ment in any way disrespectful, it was a retorical question, I am sure RP is quite intelgent enough to understand what I ment.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM #70
ray77
roll tide roll!!!!
 
ray77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 256/205, AL
 has been a member for 10 years
im not scarred to lay in teh ground n rot
__________________
Viva la OSST Drinking Team!!!!

"Originally posted by Menace: ray77's also drunk 24/7 so don't worry about it."

"Originally posted by SpeedBallDEVIL: what exactly is a 4.6 and a 5.0 and whats the diffence?
V6 and a V8? i have no clue. sry lol"
ray77 is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM #71
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
because ive only seen little of this thread, i just discussed death with someone and thats pretty much it, then this progressed and i felt i had to say something

Had i seen a religious persons unorthodox statesments against anyone even if he be an atheist i would have said something

I dont hate atheists or Christians i hate disrespect
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 PM #72
m3s0h0rn7
-//-
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic. View Post
youre kidding right?


it appears we have another severe case of schizophrenia ladies and gentlemen.


I went away to see an old friend of mine
His sister came over she was out of her mind
She said jesus had a twin who knew nothing about sin
She was laughing like crazy at the trouble Im in
Her light eyes were dancing she is insane
Her brother says shes just a ***** with a golden chain
She keeps coming closer saying I can feel it in my bones
Schizophrenia is taking me home

-Sonic Youth

I SOLD my soul for rock and roll...
m3s0h0rn7 is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 10:00 PM #73
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
because ive only seen little of this thread, i just discussed death with someone and thats pretty much it, then this progressed and i felt i had to say something

Had i seen a religious persons unorthodox statesments against anyone even if he be an atheist i would have said something

I dont hate atheists or Christians i hate disrespect
Questioning stories of the bible are not disrespectful at all. They should be questioned.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 PM #74
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Questioning stories of the bible are not disrespectful at all. They should be questioned.
CP is correct, but we all know OB is not about questioning the Bible as much as he is for making fun of and hating ANYTHING that has to do with religion (especially relating to gays and acceptance). He has said time and time again of contempt for christians and religion.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 PM #75
890SHAWN
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
If you say there is no God, you make yourself your god.
Where's your missing link in evolution?
Give me your proof.
890SHAWN is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 PM #76
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 890SHAWN View Post
If you say there is no God, you make yourself your god.
Where's your missing link in evolution?
Give me your proof.
Give us yours. You made a statement and claimed it to be indesputable fact. The burden of proof lies on you. This thread is not about evolution. It is about people's views on their stance with Heaven.

I believe I'm going to Heaven and it's going to be whatever I damn want it to be. I'll be able to throw kicking parties and have as much sex with my gf (will be wife) as we want. Free booze, free paint and air, free exotic cars, and 100% awesomeness. And guess what, Mormons and other religious extremos can't come. Why? Cause I get to make the rules in my Heaven.

Others here think it would be cool to go to Hell and fight with Satan's army. It actually does sound pretty action packed, but I'm more into kicking back and relaxing for eternity. My private army of robo cops and terminators will handle any intruders. Who says you are right though? Why are our views any less viable possibilities of Heaven than yours? It's all conjecture and speculation with absolutely no proof or even evidence to back it up. At least mine is colorful and imaginative. The whole angels with harps bit is so last millenium.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 PM #77
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 890SHAWN View Post
If you say there is no God, you make yourself your god.
Where's your missing link in evolution?
Give me your proof.
Being looked for. That's why it's a theory still; lots of evidence, still a couple holes.

If you claim that your God is truth, YOU have to provide proof
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 PM #78
citywokchinefoo
I am jesus
 
citywokchinefoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NY
citywokchinefoo is a Supporting Member
This thread lacks a "Rot in Grave/Sit in urn" Selection.

__________________
FUJI50-"those evil spirits are in my penis and the only way to talk to them is to beat them out of there"
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1487940]Avalanche signed posters f/s
Help the Nation now
"Originally posted by N$$paintball: i once got a boner in public.......no survivors"
citywokchinefoo is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:25 AM #79
paintballonaim (Banned)
 
paintballonaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, Va
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
because all the good people will be in hell, all my friends, my loved ones, all the hindu and budests. Hell is going to be one big party.
"Heaven for the weather, Hell for the company", huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Actually heaven sounds dull. Why would you want to be a slave to an egomaniac? Don't think for yourself if you go to heaven, or else you will be cast out.
I think for my self and hopefully I'll be going to heaven... What does thinking for yourself have to do with heaven? Or wait, let me guess, that was a stereo-typical cheap shot used by you to say that all Christians do exactly as they are told and cannot think for themselves. Is that it? I mean, I won't shoot back with the fact that no matter what you do in life, you're still doing as you're told...
paintballonaim is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 02:15 AM #80
Magic. (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
maybe you should.
no, YOU are!

neener neener neener.
Magic. is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 02:19 AM #81
Sankarihauta (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nor Cal
I'm not ready to die, but I'm pretty sure if heaven existed, I'd be there.

edit: You guys are all talking about heaven and hell and which is better to go to anyway, so I don't really know what to say.

I'm not ready to die, but I'm a good person.

Last edited by Sankarihauta : 05-16-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Sankarihauta is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 03:57 AM #82
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV
 
I love Impulses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Happy Hour
I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I would be watching the end of the world from my porch smoking a cigar and drinking scotch while wearing a tuxedo. Of all I have learned in the Church I never heard that the devil could control thought. It is god's will that humans be given the ability to independently cognitively process. Who is to say that I wouldn't meditate in hell? Or... who is to say we wouldn't mobilize and take the spikey bastard down? If anything... the rapture would be too much for a "hell" to handle.
__________________
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Why We Drink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I love Impulses is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:29 PM #83
welfare_train (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota, it sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 890SHAWN View Post
If you say there is no God, you make yourself your god.
Where's your missing link in evolution?
Give me your proof.
**** stain you are an ****ing idiot.


So I am a god now because I don't believe in god? That makes no ****ing sense. You need to stop sleeping with your bible.
welfare_train is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:41 PM #84
Thundercracker
 
 
Thundercracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare_train View Post
**** stain you are an ****ing idiot.


So I am a god now because I don't believe in god? That makes no ****ing sense. You need to stop sleeping with your bible.
What he is saying is that people often become thier own God's. Example anytime you put your own ______________ before God. I didn't go to Church because I played paintball.....
Thundercracker is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump