PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2007, 10:30 PM #211
Crypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
**** happens get over it. At least the players aren't on roids.

This sport is still extremely young.
Just looking at your sig I can tell you don't play paintball on a serious/tournament level. That being said it's obvious that you've never paid a couple thousand dollars to fly all the way across the country to compete at a level where any team that lines up against you is skilled enough to beat you, therefore you must practice harder than they do, shelling out more and more money along the way. There are no easy teams at this level.

There are people PAID to referee in an unbiased manner, trained to know and understand the rules, trusted to make decisions for themselves and not let the outlawed chatter from the sidelines affect their responsibilities.

This is not "**** happens" territory. "**** happens" is when you get a speeding ticket for 5 over. This is a "That **** should never have happened" kind of thing, like having to pay for a new car because of a hit and run and you even got the license plate number.

Don't talk about that which you do not know.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2007, 10:43 PM #212
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAL32 View Post
PSP has had their issues, heard many yelling at Cup about all kinds of crap.

Need to fix this for all of paintball .
There are issues in the PSP. Terrible calls are made on a regular basis there. The difference is the amount of points that get played allowes the better teams to recover from those mistakes.

The problem I saw at MAO was merely an issue of non-calls, penalties that weren't pulled. Nothing truly game changing, the better team will win the 5 v 5 anyway. The format is also much more managable from a referee's standpoint. With the number of points being played there's less and less motivation for a player to cheat. Also with the 5 on 5 format there are less players to keep track of and calls are more easily made. With sideline coaching at least telling a ref where there's a hit player has some legitimacy.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:51 PM #213
yung gunner 77
DiBBle

that just pretty much summed it up the format of psp prevents a lot of problems the nppl sees
Old 05-13-2007, 11:22 PM #214
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

MetDTHero supports our troops
I would like to see what the refs on the nation like Kimo, Boog, or phil have to say about this.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

Old 05-13-2007, 11:26 PM #215
bigcanada00
Canadian Contingent

Scorecards signed = GAME OVER.
No arguing. No-rematch. Period.

Sounds like another JD vs. Dynasty debacle all over again.

It is all very sad."
Old 05-13-2007, 11:36 PM #216
haha31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
Just looking at your sig I can tell you don't play paintball on a serious/tournament level. That being said it's obvious that you've never paid a couple thousand dollars to fly all the way across the country to compete at a level where any team that lines up against you is skilled enough to beat you, therefore you must practice harder than they do, shelling out more and more money along the way. There are no easy teams at this level.

There are people PAID to referee in an unbiased manner, trained to know and understand the rules, trusted to make decisions for themselves and not let the outlawed chatter from the sidelines affect their responsibilities.

This is not "**** happens" territory. "**** happens" is when you get a speeding ticket for 5 over. This is a "That **** should never have happened" kind of thing, like having to pay for a new car because of a hit and run and you even got the license plate number.

Don't talk about that which you do not know.

thank you so much for the support, it means so much to have all the support in such a crappy situation
Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 PM #217
bokraham
Rock Lobster!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcanada00 View Post

Sounds like another JD vs. Dynasty debacle all over again.
except this time it's clear cut.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:44 PM #218
Blazestorm2
I like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokraham View Post
Joy vs. Dynasty is completely different.

that was questionable playing on and overshooting from ALL SIDES... this is

"Oh I wasn't hit but the ref pulled me out"

"That was a convincing story, I guess we'll have to replay the game"

"Thanks!"
Old 05-13-2007, 11:47 PM #219
DETENT (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazestorm2 View Post
Joy vs. Dynasty is completely different.

that was questionable playing on and overshooting from ALL SIDES... this is

"Oh I wasn't hit but the ref pulled me out"

"That was a convincing story, I guess we'll have to replay the game"

"Thanks!"
HAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA!

nice!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:33 AM #220
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
that's mad gay. i'd lite up the reff.
I hope you never play paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
Any One Have Any Ideas On How We Should Handle He Matter
Ferny, bro I'm sorry to hear what happend. I was on the field next to you guys when one of your guys flipped out (I had no clue what happend).

My suggestion for the moment is to take a breather, and make sure to work through the situation calmly, I'm here to help you get this set and done let me know how I can help you.

For all of you "screw nppl/refs blah blah" dont judge all of us by certain refs calls. Its not right, and its not respectful.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 AM #221
Crayzee Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha31 View Post
thank you so much for the support, it means so much to have all the support in such a crappy situation
Dude you have a lot of support on this one, i'm bummed to see a good northwest team get shut down like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokraham View Post
exactly, this never should have happened, and theres no questioning the fact that Nurv got screwed on this one

ND NXT For Sale
Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 AM #222
topcat

topcat supports Cereal Killerz 2
topcat donated to help Peyton Trent
Thanks For The Support Ageen

Old Feedback
New Feedback
Old 05-14-2007, 01:11 AM #223
epik808
RED TURTLE MEDIA

epik808 posts videos on PbNation
epik808 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
the nppl is going down hill sinking ship!

OLD FEEDBACK
+33 old feedback +35 new=68 100%positive
HAWAII PAINTBALL VIDEOS
Old 05-14-2007, 03:30 AM #224
Rattler88
R.I.P. Tyson

Up's to Nurv and down with the policits of paintball, let us know what Ref
it was and someone will tell him to jump infront of a Bus to see if he jumps.

Just like bigcanada00 stated
Old 05-14-2007, 04:46 AM #225
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
Was an absolute travesty to watch this go down today. I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Ferny you see the SC Villiage advertisement near the regitration booth? Gino has always had his hands in things. Also consider the fact that in recent years as many as two XPSL events have been held at SC. And infact, a couple of years ago they had two at SC and one at HSP in the same season. So Shawn Walker and Gino have a pretty extensive business relationship.

Its typical good ol boy network. And it sucks. Sadly its in all forms of life. Hell look at our current administration.

The fact that scorecards were signed is where this is completely against the rules. That is the final factor according to the NPPL rules. Refs, head or ultimate can not change scorecards. Hell even Shawn is not suppose to change them. What is the point of signing them if they will just change them at will?

I know that every event people complain about reffing. Its is standard in both leagues. However, this goes a little higher then that. This is a complete system error.

I have two teams that play NPPL, D3 and D1. Our D3 team had a scorecard changed on them as well this event after a major call was blown and the outcome of the game changed because of it. The on feild captain of the D3 team took him complaint to the head ref of the feild, and they actually made the right call. Reversing the on feild garbage and telling my captain we were awarded the points. He signs and life goes on. Only to see the scoreboard later and we were not given the points. With or without the points the D3 team would not have made the cut for sunday, so we just left it as water under the bridge. In hindsight I should have raised a stink about it.

But to my point about this event and reffing. It was horrible across the board. From the top to the bottom and on every feild. I have not see as inconsistent of a reffing job at any event like I did at this one. I think even the teams that won will second that. Hell there were games we won that still had horrible calls. And when you question the on feild refs about calls they just tell you to sign the card its not going to be changed. Too late now sort of thing.

After watching this happen to NURV today, who played excellent all event, it has me rethinking where my money should go.

I know that I am not a paintball mogul, but I am a customer. I put two teams in every event all season. Between my teams alone that is allitle over $25K per season. Then figure in the amount of people we talk to about this, the local feilds we get to buy NPPL feilds because its the forum we play and so on and so on.

The Tampa event has really got me thinking about switching to the PSP.

If it wasnt for the Mons Venus I would say this trip was a complete waste.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:27 AM #226
Labelskate

Labelskate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak62 View Post

Us too. What do we have to look forward to? Boston was easily the worst venue last season. This is what happens when shawn walker takes control of something that isn't already complete dog****, he will run it into the ground like everything else he has ever touched.

Nurv you have our support over here. Don't settle for anything less then your full demand.

Shawn Walker FTL
Old 05-14-2007, 08:14 AM #227
Fitz0975
b&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak62 View Post
Was an absolute travesty to watch this go down today. I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Ferny you see the SC Villiage advertisement near the regitration booth? Gino has always had his hands in things. Also consider the fact that in recent years as many as two XPSL events have been held at SC. And infact, a couple of years ago they had two at SC and one at HSP in the same season. So Shawn Walker and Gino have a pretty extensive business relationship.

Its typical good ol boy network. And it sucks. Sadly its in all forms of life. Hell look at our current administration.

The fact that scorecards were signed is where this is completely against the rules. That is the final factor according to the NPPL rules. Refs, head or ultimate can not change scorecards. Hell even Shawn is not suppose to change them. What is the point of signing them if they will just change them at will?

I know that every event people complain about reffing. Its is standard in both leagues. However, this goes a little higher then that. This is a complete system error.

I have two teams that play NPPL, D3 and D1. Our D3 team had a scorecard changed on them as well this event after a major call was blown and the outcome of the game changed because of it. The on feild captain of the D3 team took him complaint to the head ref of the feild, and they actually made the right call. Reversing the on feild garbage and telling my captain we were awarded the points. He signs and life goes on. Only to see the scoreboard later and we were not given the points. With or without the points the D3 team would not have made the cut for sunday, so we just left it as water under the bridge. In hindsight I should have raised a stink about it.

But to my point about this event and reffing. It was horrible across the board. From the top to the bottom and on every feild. I have not see as inconsistent of a reffing job at any event like I did at this one. I think even the teams that won will second that. Hell there were games we won that still had horrible calls. And when you question the on feild refs about calls they just tell you to sign the card its not going to be changed. Too late now sort of thing.

After watching this happen to NURV today, who played excellent all event, it has me rethinking where my money should go.

I know that I am not a paintball mogul, but I am a customer. I put two teams in every event all season. Between my teams alone that is allitle over $25K per season. Then figure in the amount of people we talk to about this, the local feilds we get to buy NPPL feilds because its the forum we play and so on and so on.

If it wasnt for the Mons Venus I would say this trip was a complete waste.
Hahahahaahahah without a doubt. Mons Venus was worth the whole trip.

..and i agree with everything else as well.

Last edited by Fitz0975 : 05-14-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:33 AM #228
MoNoFx
FSUU

Annual Supporting Member
MoNoFx is a founding member
MoNoFx plays in the USPL
MoNoFx plays in the PSP
MoNoFx supports Empire
Nurv, its awesome to see you guys doing well. I knew you guys would do awesome since we played back in XPSL Nov days. I heard about this from a friend of mine at the tournament. That blows for you guys. That NBN team has always had the little ***** on their team. One thing i can say is this, PSP. Nppl seems to be losing its footing.

Good luck to you guys, always rooting for ya
"Z"
Formally of Team Inazuma

Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 AM #229
||AA||Spyder
|| Paintball = <3 ||

||AA||Spyder is a Supporting Member
One of the guys was taking it out on ALL the wrong people. Its cool to be pissed off at refs but to come up and curse out a ref on an entirely different field that YOU NEVER EVEN PLAYED ON that had nothing to do with it was crazy.

E-Bay Feedback (26 Good - 0 Bad) = http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...chevyssarsenal

PBNation Feedback (35 Good - 1 Bad) = http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=460133
Old 05-14-2007, 08:51 AM #230
BOOGPRO
Masters World Champion

BOOGPRO donated to help Peyton Trent
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends V
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VI
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VII
I have already made a post on the other thread of this call.Without being there to get all of the info on the call i cannot shed any lite on this issue.
As i said in my other post this same thing happened to me at a National event in '88 .It sucks and it hurts alot for we had the same outcome of losing and going home feeling cheated and screwed over.We did not let it get us down and we came back stronger and more determained to blow the other team off the field and take the refs right out of the outcome.
Nurv hang in there keep your heads held high and know you were a better team. remeber what dosnt kill you only makes you stronger. Good luck in your future events
Original Member of FLA Annihilators, RAGE. Member of Lockout, Jax Warriors, Nemisis, Strange B, Cypress, Mickeys Rats,Legacy Masters, loaned to East Coast Eliminators N.Y., Palm Beach Predetors, Hounds of Hell N.Y.,CFP Masters and many more. Original P.R.O. , NXL Referee,PSP, NPPL, EXL, NCPA,CFPS,SPCS, Ultimate Madness, Areanaball, UK Referee . Draxxus All Stars '08 World Cup Masters Champion

R.I.P. Towlie & Odin

Yes i am the reason we have ID cards now sorry
Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 AM #231
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeakerKTM View Post
Good luck....maybe if you were JOY you could get results....but hey whining seems to work for them give it a try.....Good Luck

The **** are you talking about? Last time I checked Joy only got an "apology" from the *****es at the NPPL. No replay, no money that they deserved, Dynasty kept their win, even though the points difference that the NPPL admitted should have happened would have give the Super 7 Series to XSV.

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70