PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM #1
Dan45
Live and let die

A Slight problem with the Etek

So i just got my etek today, it was used, i traded my pmr for it.. Anyways what happens is, when you first turn the ASA on, it is leaking from.. from the ASA. after you shoot it a few times it stops completely. Is this normal? or is there something wrong with it. The guy said it was because there was no o-ring in the ASA. Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2007, 12:08 AM #2
proto TN kid (Banned)

the stock asa sucks man

I have an etek also and i found this out becuase half the time it leaks air out.......it sucks
Old 05-12-2007, 01:48 AM #3
cm2007
I shoot A Trix

there is o rings inside the asa chamber take the gun and hit it on ur hand really hard were you screw in the tank and it should pop out check it for oring
Old 05-12-2007, 11:49 AM #4
Emjay
abbazabbayoumyonlyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan45 View Post
So i just got my etek today, it was used, i traded my pmr for it.. Anyways what happens is, when you first turn the ASA on, it is leaking from.. from the ASA. after you shoot it a few times it stops completely. Is this normal? or is there something wrong with it. The guy said it was because there was no o-ring in the ASA. Thanks
So put an o-ring in the ASA and find out?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:52 PM #5
fastsaturnsw2

it doesn't hurt to lube those orings either. I've had 0 issues out of any eclipse oops

Looking for a cheap canon dslr, 300d etc.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:54 PM #6
EtekEgo1185
MARYLAND BALLER

dude, just tighten you asa a little more, its probably a little loose. I had the same problem then i went and tightened it and problem was gone, its not an oring issue
Black DXS Pulse
Cure Bolt
MY Sexy Etek
Old 05-13-2007, 06:34 AM #7
jahlad
Emortal

has been a member for 10 years
first thing to do is deturmine which hole on the asa its leaking from.
look at the underside of the asa you will see 2 small holes.....if it leaks from the rear one (nearest where the tank screws in) then all you need to do is change your tank oring.
if it leaks from the front one..
take your tank off, then look into the asa...you need to remove the silver metal assembly you can see, easiest way is to tap it into the palm of your hand and it should drop out after a couple of taps.
you will notace that the part in your hand is a pin which slides thru a metal tube....the oring we are looking for is the one on the end which seals the pin to the tube.
first try a drop of oil on this oring, drop the insert back in the asa and gas it up.....if that doesnt fix it you need to change the oring. if you need to get hold of an oring ask your local eclipse service centre or drop gerry.b@planeteclipse.com a quick email and im he will hook you up with a couple.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:09 AM #8
probert

has been a member for 10 years
probert works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahlad View Post
first thing to do is deturmine which hole on the asa its leaking from.
look at the underside of the asa you will see 2 small holes.....if it leaks from the rear one (nearest where the tank screws in) then all you need to do is change your tank oring.
if it leaks from the front one..
take your tank off, then look into the asa...you need to remove the silver metal assembly you can see, easiest way is to tap it into the palm of your hand and it should drop out after a couple of taps.
you will notace that the part in your hand is a pin which slides thru a metal tube....the oring we are looking for is the one on the end which seals the pin to the tube.
first try a drop of oil on this oring, drop the insert back in the asa and gas it up.....if that doesnt fix it you need to change the oring. if you need to get hold of an oring ask your local eclipse service centre or drop gerry.b@planeteclipse.com a quick email and im he will hook you up with a couple.
If you still have the spare o-ring bag in the box of the marker, I think you should find one in there. #6 NBR90

Planet Eclipse Tech Support and Customer Service
email: robert.p@planeteclipse.com
Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM #9
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtekEgo1185 View Post
dude, just tighten you asa a little more, its probably a little loose. I had the same problem then i went and tightened it and problem was gone, its not an oring issue
QFT. That's all I had to do. I had the same problem.