PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2007, 09:01 PM #85
WNYballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
Uhh the US did get infected; the black girl in the first one said so.
The black chick said there were report of infected in NY and Paris then the media went out. But then they show them running into Paris in weeks. Thats the point there showing the infected got into the rest of the world. Remember when the solider and the dude from days were locked up right before they were going to get executed,the solider said something like the world doesn't care about this infected little island, theres planes still flying.I'm telling you the infected was isolated to the UK island.

Buffalo Sabres FTW!

Last edited by WNYballer : 05-12-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:07 PM #86
octane2079
Drunken Badger

has been a member for 10 years
octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I enjoyed it, but as a military buff I always have trouble suspending my disbelief for movies that involve the military.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
When the kids were being brought back into london was I the only
person who saw uparmored humvees, apc's that were supposed to look like bradleys, and quite a few abrams?

Why didn't they just button up the armor, role into the infected sector and have at it, or for that matter just run them the **** over, I mean its a 66 ton tank.

But other than my nitpicking of the military aspect of the movie I enjoyed it, best horror/gore movie I've seen this year
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
Old 05-12-2007, 09:14 PM #87
nonsense
SUPREME SAMURAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Dawg View Post
[spoiler] [/spoiler (add a ], just did it so you could see)

thanks dude

OLD FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1515172
Old 05-12-2007, 09:17 PM #88
nonsense
SUPREME SAMURAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane2079 View Post
I enjoyed it, but as a military buff I always have trouble suspending my disbelief for movies that involve the military.

When the kids were being brought back into london was I the only
person who saw uparmored humvees, apc's that were supposed to look like bradleys, and quite a few abrams?

Why didn't they just button up the armor, role into the infected sector and have at it, or for that matter just run them the **** over, I mean its a 66 ton tank.

But other than my nitpicking of the military aspect of the movie I enjoyed it, best horror/gore movie I've seen this year

yes, when the infected were rushing out of the containment area, why werent there any hmmwv's or abrams or apaches getting that **** on lockdown

overall, i was not impressed with the amount of killing the army did >>>
for example when the dad got infected and escaped, why didnt the soldiers in the med center waste his ***

OLD FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1515172

Last edited by nonsense : 05-12-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 PM #89
heavilyarmedindian

Quote:
The reason you didn't see any in London in 28days is because the infected chased everyone inside; and thats where the infected stayed; where the food source is. They're too dumb to find their way out.

The military base in 28 days was only attacked in the day because there was a food source there, and they knew it. Why they came in spurts? I dunno.

I believe the infected would just lay down if there was no food source to conserve energy (yes I know they don't think about "saving energy" but its a basic instinct in everything) untill something came along. And as we all know organic materials break down faster in the the sunlight. Maybe they "felt" the sun and try to find a dark place to "preserve" their body.
do you mean night for the base? well you do offer an opinion but it doesen't change mine. i felt the light vs dark factor was a major component in the first one and to ignore it was kind of ridiculous
Old 05-12-2007, 09:46 PM #90
CoCkerFoRAlL (Banned)
I use to live at pbvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Dawg View Post
Cocker you ment Doyle, right?
yeah, im not the best at proper grammer

On the subject of the military, you would think that the us military handeling something this threatning would have something like a possibly infected person on lockdown with multipul guards
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 PM #91
heavilyarmedindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCkerFoRAlL View Post
yeah, im not the best at proper grammer

On the subject of the military, you would think that the us military handeling something this threatning would have something like a possibly infected person on lockdown with multipul guards
they did it just looked like he managed to kill 3 or 4 of them on his own , and lets not forget how he magically escaped from the sealed room
Old 05-12-2007, 09:57 PM #92
CoCkerFoRAlL (Banned)
I use to live at pbvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavilyarmedindian View Post
they did it just looked like he managed to kill 3 or 4 of them on his own , and lets not forget how he magically escaped from the sealed room
You would think they would be standing there on duty at the door of the mothers room
Old 05-12-2007, 10:00 PM #93
heavilyarmedindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCkerFoRAlL View Post
You would think they would be standing there on duty at the door of the mothers room
yeah that was a major flaw, they could have come up with a lot more plausible means of releasing the virus, and you think somone would say " hey don't touch her she still has infected blood" before they let him in.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:07 PM #94
WNYballer

Quote:
yeah that was a major flaw, they could have come up with a lot more plausible means of releasing the virus, and you think somone would say " hey don't touch her she still has infected blood" before they let him in.
Yea there was some mad foreshadowing...when he met his kids he said like "access to anything" then he used his card.

Buffalo Sabres FTW!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:14 PM #95
SoCalGERMANpber (Banned)
will Skank for food

Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after doyel dies i was like, "**** this movie" after that i thought it went all down hill. Kids were gay, the medical chick was kinda lame. Sniper part was cool, and i loved the part with the helicopter.

The very first part was intense! in the farm. and to the person who said "How could one infected guy kill 4 military guys?" well he came from behind them so, yea.

Last edited by SoCalGERMANpber : 05-12-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:04 PM #96
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
and lets not forget how he magically escaped from the sealed room
He used his AAA card...

I thought the military was well implented. They did everything right up untill they executed "selective fire". That was the biggest flaw that threw every other plan off track. They should've blasted everyone that came out of those hotel doors to save the bigger picture, they almost had it but still underestimated the virus as stated in the scene with the doctor chick reporting to the board of military and general dude claiming they are ill prepared for an outbreak. Remember that?

They cleaned house after the outbreak pretty well if you ask me. Napalm + nerve agents = systematic killing on mass scale....then followed by lines of troops and flame thrower guys.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:16 PM #97
SoCalGERMANpber (Banned)
will Skank for food

Quote:
He used his AAA card...

I thought the military was well implented. They did everything right up untill they executed "selective fire". That was the biggest flaw that threw every other plan off track. They should've blasted everyone that came out of those hotel doors to save the bigger picture, they almost had it but still underestimated the virus as stated in the scene with the doctor chick reporting to the board of military and general dude claiming they are ill prepared for an outbreak. Remember that?

They cleaned house after the outbreak pretty well if you ask me. Napalm + nerve agents = systematic killing on mass scale....then followed by lines of troops and flame thrower guys.
well put!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:30 PM #98
octane2079
Drunken Badger

octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was just annoyed that they made no use of vehicles other than a couple pintle mounted .50 cals and the fleeting appearance of the longbow apache.

I wanted to see the abrams firing the new canister rounds and knowing that they wouldn't be engaging hard targets everyone should have been walking around with either assault shotguns, saws, or just about anything belt fed.

I was rather disappointed in their initial containment efforts, and really the firebombing
let me down as IMO they should've just leveled the entire city and called it a day, but hey that would've made for a boring movie lol.
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
Old 05-12-2007, 11:48 PM #99
O-Dawg (Banned)
never been a *****

I kind of laughed a few times in the massacre scene, where they were sniping everyone, and a few of their own soldiers were getting sniped and killed. I was like, haha, this **** is crazy. No Mercy! lol
Old 05-12-2007, 11:58 PM #100
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane2079 View Post
I was just annoyed that they made no use of vehicles other than a couple pintle mounted .50 cals and the fleeting appearance of the longbow apache.

I wanted to see the abrams firing the new canister rounds and knowing that they wouldn't be engaging hard targets everyone should have been walking around with either assault shotguns, saws, or just about anything belt fed.

I was rather disappointed in their initial containment efforts, and really the firebombing
let me down as IMO they should've just leveled the entire city and called it a day, but hey that would've made for a boring movie lol.

Once again the movie adressed the fact of military underestimating this by the scene with the doctor chick explaining this at the military briefing.

"What happens if there's another outbreak?" she asks. The military pretty much put it down. I honestly think the Abrahams, APCS were positioned in the surrounding areas believing the outbreak would come from the outside...not the inside. Thats why you saw minimal security on the interior.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:13 AM #101
ThumpiII

ThumpiII owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ThumpiII has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^^
"What happens if there's another outbreak?" she asks. The military pretty much put it down. I honestly think the Abrahams, APCS were positioned in the surrounding areas believing the outbreak would come from the outside...not the inside. Thats why you saw minimal security on the interior

i dont think so becasue on the train ride in the lady says that there is much more security inside the safe zone
Russian Legion Fan #249
Joy Division Fan #424
Miami Rage Fan #58
Old Feedback
Pro Jerseys,Hoppers, Pants and More
Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 AM #102
2term8r
Free Baller

^^
True. Or perhaps she said that just to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy inside? Would they tell everyone " You're entering a less secure zone"?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:24 AM #103
ThumpiII

Right, but also the general in charge said that the there were no more surving people. So he prolly would not expect something from the outside. Then again its another thing in the movie that does not make that much sense.
Russian Legion Fan #249
Joy Division Fan #424
Miami Rage Fan #58
Old Feedback
Old 05-13-2007, 12:27 AM #104
2term8r
Free Baller

What else doesn't make sense? I'll explain to the best of my rage infection knowledge.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:35 AM #105
ThumpiII

how the dad got out of the room with the mom, how he killed a few soldiers once he escaped,
why the only surviving person with rage virus left unattended, and that the dad was stalking his son.
Russian Legion Fan #249
Joy Division Fan #424
Miami Rage Fan #58
Old Feedback