Kirk Cameron, Atheists, and coke cans. - Page 6 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-21-2007, 08:00 PM #106
shiznaticman
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
With our current levels of knowledge, it's completely impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God, or any other higher power. The Pro-God people have thousands of years of 'miracles' and religious literature, the Anti-God people have a whole pile of unproven theory and ideals. NEITHER is concrete scientific proof.

I wish people would stop wasting so much time and money trying to prove or disprove God. We've got bigger problems to deal with.
Amen
shiznaticman is offline  
Old 05-21-2007, 08:05 PM #107
shiznaticman
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sacramento
I still believe there is a reason why we cannot in the scientific sense prove the existance of god. If we could, wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of God/Religion in the first place. I no longer accept anything as irrefutable "proof" from either side of the debate. I don't think it really exists for either side.
shiznaticman is offline  
Old 05-21-2007, 09:14 PM #108
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
You cannot disprove it cause there is nothing to disprove. That is like people saying there is a pink unicorn. You cannot disprove it. Why? It never had proof to begin with. It was a thought, and idea without backing in reality.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 PM #109
Voutare
...
 
Voutare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vermont
Voutare helped look for balloons
Voutare owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Voutare supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznaticman View Post
I still believe there is a reason why we cannot in the scientific sense prove the existance of god. If we could, wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of God/Religion in the first place. I no longer accept anything as irrefutable "proof" from either side of the debate. I don't think it really exists for either side.
There is no proof, you just need to side with the most logical side.

Personally, having been raised a Christian, I have never had god talk to me, or do anything to me, which makes me believe that he doesn't exist, and that all the authors of the Bible did a decent job atheist proofing the Bible, 2000 years ahead of their time.
Voutare is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 AM #110
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Is it just me, or did that atheist chick, Kelly, have an incredible rack?
I noticed that too.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 AM #111
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
I noticed that too.
She was hot in that pale-skinned pseudointellectual coffeeshop philosopher kinda way.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 AM #112
animal70X7
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Nope, provide proof. Just so you know there is no actual proof there ever was a Solomon outside of the bible. No facts have ever been found showing he was more than a folklore.

What does Solomon have to do with David or Nebechanezzar? Can I therefore assume that if one portion of "evolution" can not be proven it is entirely false? That is what your answer insinuates about my point.

Last edited by animal70X7 : 05-22-2007 at 10:40 AM.
animal70X7 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 10:37 AM #113
animal70X7
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
Wonderful. But we're not talking about archeology, are we?
And none of the prophecy crap. There's tons of coincidences everywhere if you want to see them.



Yes, could have. Science admits that it's not proven yet. On the other hand, creationists seem to think that it's impossible for them to be wrong.
We were talking about a debate between "evolutionists" and "creationists" I asked for for facts proving the scientific point and you responded with a question and reference to a scientific study that gives possible conclusions and you insinuated that the Bible cannot be proven. That is not fact. I gave you two instances where archeology has proven parts of the Bible. You nowhere admitted that your point wasn't proven yet.
animal70X7 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 10:46 AM #114
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal70X7 View Post
What does Solomon have to do with David or Nebechanezzar? Can I therefore assume that if one portion of "evolution" can not be proven it is entirely false? That is what your answer insinuates about my point.
Solomon & David go hand in hand. I was just cutting off the next attempt at validation.

Evolution does not pretend it is gods holy book, putting down all other religions/theories as wrong. Evolution is a scientific theory that takes new information, studies it and makes an assessment from there. Religion acts like a all powerful god inspired it, it is not wrong, etc. If one portion of said religious text is wrong, yes, it does make the rest of said religious text look bad.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 06:45 PM #115
animal70X7
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Evolution does not pretend it is gods holy book, putting down all other religions/theories as wrong. Evolution is a scientific theory that takes new information, studies it and makes an assessment from there. Religion acts like a all powerful god inspired it, it is not wrong, etc. If one portion of said religious text is wrong, yes, it does make the rest of said religious text look bad.[/quote]

Cool, then the same reasoning must be applied to evolution, and therefore evolution is wrong.
animal70X7 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 06:54 PM #116
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal70X7 View Post
Cool, then the same reasoning must be applied to evolution, and therefore evolution is wrong.
How so? You do not seem to be able to understand the topic in context. In science we admit to wrongs, learn from said experiences and move along to see what was wrong, etc.

Religion swears by whatever religious text it holds holy. If you find something wrong in said religious text, keep in mind "god" inspired, then that casts doubt upon the entire book itself.

You are trying to use some twisted logic and word play. As I told you in another thread, you are not doing a very good job at either.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 AM #117
animal70X7
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
How so? You do not seem to be able to understand the topic in context. In science we admit to wrongs, learn from said experiences and move along to see what was wrong, etc.

Religion swears by whatever religious text it holds holy. If you find something wrong in said religious text, keep in mind "god" inspired, then that casts doubt upon the entire book itself.

You are trying to use some twisted logic and word play. As I told you in another thread, you are not doing a very good job at either.
Your logic is that if there is doubt cast upon it, it is either untrue of irrelevant. But you are unwilling to apply the same test to science. Seems like a double standard to me.
animal70X7 is offline  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:23 AM #118
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Umm... Science accepts doubt, uses it to test the idea on the table, and goes forth. Unlike religion.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM #119
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Umm... Science accepts doubt, uses it to test the idea on the table, and goes forth. Unlike religion.
or perhaps, more correctly "unlike many people who have a religion".
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 AM #120
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu
 
pimpinsaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
With our current levels of knowledge, it's completely impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God, or any other higher power. The Pro-God people have thousands of years of 'miracles' and religious literature, the Anti-God people have a whole pile of unproven theory and ideals. NEITHER is concrete scientific proof.

I wish people would stop wasting so much time and money trying to prove or disprove God. We've got bigger problems to deal with.
Sigged. My thoughts exactly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by animal70X7 View Post
Evolution does not pretend it is gods holy book, putting down all other religions/theories as wrong. Evolution is a scientific theory that takes new information, studies it and makes an assessment from there. Religion acts like a all powerful god inspired it, it is not wrong, etc. If one portion of said religious text is wrong, yes, it does make the rest of said religious text look bad.
Neither does religion, only it's believers. Much like the evolutionists in this thread try t put down all religion as myth.

Last edited by pimpinsaylor : 05-30-2007 at 08:45 AM.
pimpinsaylor is offline  
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 PM #121
rasta_Baller18
 
 
rasta_Baller18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
The way I see it is that an arguement that most cristains have to defend their "Faith" is that you cant disprove god. But when u really think about it u cant disprove a lot of things. Think about it, in anceint times people worshipped the gods of mt olimpus like Zeus. These beleifs are now thought absolutly not true. But can you disprove that zeus exist? no u cant. can u disprove that aleins or ghosts exist? no but they are viewed by most to be not real.

Another argument Chritains use to defend themselves is saying the Evolution is just a "theory" this term is used wrongly by chritains everyday. They belive that the word theory means that it has not been proven. But rly it is the opisite. You can talk about the theory of gravity, or the theorys of quantum physics. Evolution is scientific fact.

o and the arugument that they used about how everything has to have a creator actually made me laugh out loud. The chritains were just trying to mock the atheists and didnt give 1 good point to prove their religeon

Peace ATHEIST FOREVER
rasta_Baller18 is offline  
Old 06-09-2007, 12:47 AM #122
SonicTheMan (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta_Baller18 View Post
The way I see it is that an arguement that most cristains have to defend their "Faith" is that you cant disprove god. But when u really think about it u cant disprove a lot of things. Think about it, in anceint times people worshipped the gods of mt olimpus like Zeus. These beleifs are now thought absolutly not true. But can you disprove that zeus exist? no u cant. can u disprove that aleins or ghosts exist? no but they are viewed by most to be not real.

Another argument Chritains use to defend themselves is saying the Evolution is just a "theory" this term is used wrongly by chritains everyday. They belive that the word theory means that it has not been proven. But rly it is the opisite. You can talk about the theory of gravity, or the theorys of quantum physics. Evolution is scientific fact.

o and the arugument that they used about how everything has to have a creator actually made me laugh out loud. The chritains were just trying to mock the atheists and didnt give 1 good point to prove their religeon

Peace ATHEIST FOREVER


Wow you really can't spell.
SonicTheMan is offline  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:04 AM #123
*Blitzkreig*
 
 
*Blitzkreig*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Texas
Evolution doesn't disprove God's existence. Darwin even said that.
__________________
2k5

"Originally posted by Flyersfan707: I wish my family had a stalker...."
*Blitzkreig* is offline  
Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 AM #124
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Either argument, saying god exists because a banana fits in your hand is ridiculous.
The Foo is offline  
Old 06-09-2007, 11:01 AM #125
KyPaintBawler (Banned)
**** Off!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fairdale, Ky ~FHS~
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Either argument, saying god exists because a banana fits in your hand is ridiculous.
Evolution could also explain this, if bananas was a main food source, it would be better off if you could hold a banana, thus this trait gets passed on more often than those who can't. But either way, it is irrelevant. Guess what else fits in a mans hand? A penis, yet homosexuality is a sin. Go figure.
KyPaintBawler is offline  
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM #126
*Blitzkreig*
 
 
*Blitzkreig*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Texas
Evolution happened, is happening, and will continue to happen. I believe in God, but I can still believe that scientifically, evolution is true; I just don't believe that monkeys evolved into humans.
__________________
2k5

"Originally posted by Flyersfan707: I wish my family had a stalker...."
*Blitzkreig* is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump