Kirk Cameron, Atheists, and coke cans. - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 PM #43
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
i like to see you post some facts and links to that statement..
No, you don't seem to understand... most antibiotics today are manufactured from bacteria created through microevolution.

Here's the link I posted earlier
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=315909
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.

Last edited by Topazbullet : 05-15-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 PM #44
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
i like to see you post some facts and links to that statement..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
Microevolution proven
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=315909
This isn't disputable, it's a proven process used to manufacture many antibiotics and insulin

Speciation observed (strong evidence for macroevolution)
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18013674

You'll notice that I picked credible sources as well, the Journal of Bacteriology and CCentre national de la recherche scientifique, not a biased source like lolevolutionrocks.com or answeringgenesis.org

You forgot to read the whole page.
Waiting for your reply.
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 07:16 AM #45
kitchenman
 
 
kitchenman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hobe Sound Fl USA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles666 View Post
You forgot to read the whole page.
Waiting for your reply.
I did miss the last link. But those "Strong Evidences” are still is not proof. Again, we have NO documentation of the development of a new species. Especially a quackengator… I thought that was pretty silly. It’s all theory as it’s a big jump from the Petri dish to the human. But science will press on. One thing age has taught me, new ideas may seam good at first but time is a great tester of them. We’ll see how it goes.

We’ll it’s been about 4k years of easily identifiable written history, I guess we have about 100 million to go to see some evolution. Some think it’s a slow migration others think it’s a leap, who knows.

We do have proof of species that have died off, that we can agree on. In any case I don’t think evolution will ever justify or disprove God and his creations. If you think about it would be wise to engineer in non-obsolescence and adaptability to your creation.
__________________
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there...

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
kitchenman is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 AM #46
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
I did miss the last link. But those "Strong Evidences” are still is not proof. Again, we have NO documentation of the development of a new species. Especially a quackengator… I thought that was pretty silly. It’s all theory as it’s a big jump from the Petri dish to the human. But science will press on. One thing age has taught me, new ideas may seam good at first but time is a great tester of them. We’ll see how it goes.

We’ll it’s been about 4k years of easily identifiable written history, I guess we have about 100 million to go to see some evolution. Some think it’s a slow migration others think it’s a leap, who knows.

We do have proof of species that have died off, that we can agree on. In any case I don’t think evolution will ever justify or disprove God and his creations. If you think about it would be wise to engineer in non-obsolescence and adaptability to your creation.
YOu do not believe in evolution because of a lack of evidence yet at the end of your post you start to spout off about god who does not have 1% the evidence evolution has....
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 AM #47
kitchenman
 
 
kitchenman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hobe Sound Fl USA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
YOu do not believe in evolution because of a lack of evidence yet at the end of your post you start to spout off about god who does not have 1% the evidence evolution has....
Fully disagree.. tons of proof

I believe and you should see the miracles in my life... the lives of others. So that is solid proof. From hands on healing to financial prosperity. Nothing better then real life experiences.
__________________
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there...

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
kitchenman is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 AM #48
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
Fully disagree.. tons of proof

I believe and you should see the miracles in my life... the lives of others. So that is solid proof. From hands on healing to financial prosperity. Nothing better then real life experiences.
Post up some proof then.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 AM #49
Crippled Dogma
 
 
Crippled Dogma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jax, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
Fully disagree.. tons of proof

I believe and you should see the miracles in my life... the lives of others. So that is solid proof. From hands on healing to financial prosperity. Nothing better then real life experiences.
So the lottery is the work of God? ROFL I agree, nothing is like real life. Meaning not in the fantasy world of destructive, revengeful Gods and their disciples bent on world domination.
__________________
Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

Raider Ball! Raider Ball! Raider Ball!
Crippled Dogma is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 09:12 AM #50
[eXtiCi.]LV (Banned)
Meth0d
 
[eXtiCi.]LV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Kitchenman and a few others, you seem to fail to recognize the fact that a lack of absolute proof in a specific area of an atheist's argument does not qualify as proof for the contrary.

The only analogy I could come up with to make this more clear:

A banana sits on the table.

"What a lovely red banana" you say.

I reply "well, much like other bananas, that banana is yellow."

"Prove it"

Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of tool that can somehow show you that the banana is yellow; however, I can show you many pieces of reliable evidence that show the banana's color.

"I don't believe it," you say, "those "Strong Evidences” are still not proof. That banana is red."

Now what you fail to recognize is that the fact that I can not absolutely PROVE to you that the banana is yellow does NOT make the banana red, under any circumstances. The damned banana is still yellow.

A terrible analogy indeed, probably with a few recognizable holes, but the point still stands.

In fact, even if my evidence for the yellow banana winds up being proven faulty, science will continue to develop in an attempt to explain what color the banana actually is. And if sufficient evidence arises for the red banana, then it is necessary that it is taken into consideration.

And then, someday we might know bananas are red.
[eXtiCi.]LV is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 10:37 AM #51
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego
 
PB&S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Not Where I want to be
Thank God they finally found Jesus's Tomb. Maybe now Christians will stop asking me if I have found Jesus, since they obviously can't locate him cause they are always asking me.
__________________
Signature

Last edited by PB&S : 05-16-2007 at 01:13 PM.
PB&S is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 10:57 AM #52
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB&S View Post
Thank God they finally found Jesus's Tomb. Maybe now Christians will stop asking me if I have found Jesus, since they obviously can't locate him cause they are always asking me.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2068770
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2041009
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 AM #54
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Just take the sarcasm with a grain of salt and laugh with it.
sorry, it's a text-mostly forum. can't tell what emotions are behind the posts. you at least used a smiley.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM #55
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
Fully disagree.. tons of proof

I believe and you should see the miracles in my life... the lives of others. So that is solid proof. From hands on healing to financial prosperity. Nothing better then real life experiences.
There are no miracles brother.
You probably went through something tough, I don't know. But you made it yourself, no magic helped you.

By the way there are no proofs, just to let you know.
That is why Christians and others have FAITH.
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM #56
welfare_train (Banned)
Eulogy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota, it sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
Fully disagree.. tons of proof

I believe and you should see the miracles in my life... the lives of others. So that is solid proof. From hands on healing to financial prosperity. Nothing better then real life experiences.
lol @ how you have no proof.
welfare_train is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM #57
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
I did miss the last link. But those "Strong Evidences” are still is not proof. Again, we have NO documentation of the development of a new species. Especially a quackengator… I thought that was pretty silly. It’s all theory as it’s a big jump from the Petri dish to the human. But science will press on. One thing age has taught me, new ideas may seam good at first but time is a great tester of them. We’ll see how it goes.

We’ll it’s been about 4k years of easily identifiable written history, I guess we have about 100 million to go to see some evolution. Some think it’s a slow migration others think it’s a leap, who knows.

We do have proof of species that have died off, that we can agree on. In any case I don’t think evolution will ever justify or disprove God and his creations. If you think about it would be wise to engineer in non-obsolescence and adaptability to your creation.
Um, did you read the document? It is a new species. THere is a population of tetraploid rats, that can only breed amongst themselves and not diploid rats. That means they have different gene pools as well. New species, new genes.
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 04:12 PM #58
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
Microevolution proven
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=315909
This isn't disputable, it's a proven process used to manufacture many antibiotics and insulin

Speciation observed (strong evidence for macroevolution)
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18013674

You'll notice that I picked credible sources as well, the Journal of Bacteriology and CCentre national de la recherche scientifique, not a biased source like lolevolutionrocks.com or answeringgenesis.org
Actually, if you read the abstract of either article, you'll notice that:

The first article deals with gene cloning of chloramphenicol resistant mutants, or CM Mutants, and due to the placement of the CM gene, the R-Factor can be isolated via transduction.

The second article deals with increase cell growth after polyploidy, or that the cells are viable after polyploidy in a species of rat, and the epigenetic silencing of the Ag-NOR chromosome.

To say that a) Microevolution is proven because of the article you posted doesn't make sense. This was done in a laboratory, and there are many other experiments that prove Microevolution. But Microevolution is such a far cry from Macroevolution. I'm so tired of Evolutionists in this forum who lack appropriate Biological education using it as a crutch of evidence, it's completely irrelevant, and only adds to confusion. I don't mean that to insult you or talk down, but its not relevant, and stop bringing it up. If you want evidence for microevolution, hemophilia is caused by a point mutation on the 6th nucleotide of the hemoglobin gene.

b) that speciation was observed due to experiments saying polyploidy is possible in an animal is quite ridiculous and only helps out the cause of Creation. If we find only a single mammal that uses polyploidy as a mechanism for speciation, it's not fair to say that other mammals have evolved from this manner. Science is the study of patterns, and using the patterns to predict the future. Finding the possibility of viability in a single mammal it is not scientific to say that it is the mechanism of speciation. Since polyploidy in most mammal's chromosomes is fatal, if it was how we evolved, we'd see it a lot more often than some rat that you're clinging to.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 05-16-2007 at 04:17 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 08:13 PM #59
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Ouch, brutal man

To tell you the truth, I was lazy and just googled "R gene recombination" and "tetraploidy rat" and posted the links, and MVP just dominated me.

Here are real links:
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/795_antibio.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal.../401341a0.html
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 PM #60
kitchenman
 
 
kitchenman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hobe Sound Fl USA
 has been a member for 10 years
Today, I was praying and it came to me, this entire evolution thing…

Got it, I knew I had seen it before!

__________________
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there...

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
kitchenman is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 PM #61
.Savior. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
those were considered real 2,000 + years ago.
.Savior. is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:22 PM #63
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
Today, I was praying and it came to me, this entire evolution thing…

Got it, I knew I had seen it before!





__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump