PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 AM #1
nicotine
Addicted to something.

Satanism 101

Just cause of the fact that i read a couple posts where people were reffering to satanism as devil worship i thought it might be best to clear up the difference. Devil worship means that u believe that there is a god and a devil and you just choose to worship the devil.
Satanism is the belief that there is no god and there is no satan. Kind of an oxymoron with the religions name, but thats why Anton Szandor Lavey choose to name it that. Also there are many forms of satanism. Laveytheism is the main form that exists today but the views are about the same in all True forms of satanism. Satanists do what they want. They believe that they are there own path makers and they are the only one's who can change their life. Christians will pray for there dieing mothers cancer and hope everything will get better. A true satanist will either spend every waking minute with his mother and accept the death. or try to find a cure either way its alot better then hoping for the best.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 AM #2
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotine View Post
Satanism is the belief that there is no god and there is no satan......Satanists do what they want. They believe that they are there own path makers and they are the only one's who can change their life. Christians will pray for there dieing mothers cancer and hope everything will get better. A true satanist will either spend every waking minute with his mother and accept the death. or try to find a cure either way its alot better then hoping for the best.
From what you've said, it sounds to me as if Satanists are actually hedonists. A hedonist would be someone whose main goal in life is pleasure seeking.

"Satanists do what they want", so are they constrained by anything? Do they just do whatever feels good to them, no matter what the consequences might be for others? If not, what governs their behavior?

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:44 AM #3
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Satanists do what feels good within restraints to not harm others or impose your will upon them. You should read the books of LeVey.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:45 AM #4
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Satanists do what feels good within restraints to not harm others or impose your will upon them. You should read the books of LeVey.
Why do they not harm others or impose their will upon them? What's stopping them from doing either thing?

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:48 AM #5
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1 View Post
Why do they not harm others or impose their will upon them? What's stopping them from doing either thing?
Common sense and the betterment of the species. They are more humanists than anything else.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:50 AM #6
nicotine
Addicted to something.

hold on let me quote something out of the Satanic bible for you. Cause I'm like slightly. brain buzzed right now cause of medical reasons.

The Eleven Satanic rules of Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him

The nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

The nine satanic Sins

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

Satanism is a form of aethisim mixed with pagan rituals and rights.
I myself like it cause It's a very fun relegion that makes fun of everyone including themselves lol
Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 AM #7
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Recommened reading on this topic.

Satanic Bible
Satanic Rituals
The Devils Notebook

All by Anton LeVey. These will give you a good bit of knowledge into the subject.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:58 AM #8
nicotine
Addicted to something.

figured nothing could give a better view then the actual writtings of anoton lavey so i posted it lol
Old 06-03-2007, 07:12 AM #9
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Common sense and the betterment of the species. They are more humanists than anything else.
Common sense under the principles set forth by LaVey tells me I should grab everything I can whenever I can. Hedonism baby. Other people are only useful to the extent that I can take something from them that gives me pleasure. Also, I don't know many people who live their lives to promote "betterment of the species". WTF is that?

Last edited by scumquat1 : 06-03-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:20 AM #10
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotine View Post
The Eleven Satanic rules of Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.......

Satanism is a form of aethisim mixed with pagan rituals and rights.
I myself like it cause It's a very fun relegion that makes fun of everyone including themselves lol
Wow, what a bunch of silly crap. Strange the way Stanists rail against religion while talking about things like magic and performing meaningless rituals. It's just another religion, with all of the problems that come with every other religion ever created by man's imagination.

The fact that LaVey claims to have based his religion on the teachings of Ayn Rand displays a profound misunderstanding of her philosophy. Sorry, but he isn't to be taken seriously.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 AM #11
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Geez, there are actually some good points made by the Satanist rules. You're just out to blast anything that isn't Christianity methinks. You also fail to understand the rules if you think it's just wanton hedonism. There are guidelines and restrictions set down in the rules and they are made largely from common sense and reason. Except for the whole magic deal.

Bunch of silly crap? Yes that's exactly what every religion is equally. Doesn't mean there should only be one.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel

Last edited by warbeak2099 : 06-03-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:00 AM #12
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Geez, there are actually some good points made by the Satanist rules. You're just out to blast anything that isn't Christianity methinks. You also fail to understand the rules if you think it's just wanton hedonism. There are guidelines and restrictions set down in the rules and they are made largely from common sense and reason. Except for the whole magic deal.

Bunch of silly crap? Yes that's exactly what every religion is equally. Doesn't mean there should only be one.
I think you assume that anyone who disagrees with your beliefs does it because they are Christian.

Quote:
1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
Hedonism.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 06-03-2007, 10:20 AM #13
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
I think you assume that anyone who disagrees with your beliefs does it because they are Christian.

Hedonism.
No, there are plenty other people I disagree with. Muslims, Christians, Hindus, etc.

Hedonism is without any rules or structure. This has both.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 AM #14
Randomperson
Fear of the dodgy!

Sounds like Satanists are pretty much just Atheists with a philosophy. Is that close?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:32 AM #15
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Moer along the lines of wiccans with a different philosophy.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:49 AM #16
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Yea, I mean it still has the magic element in it. Perhaps it has no cosmology or belief in a "god." But believing in magical powes kind of eliminates it from being atheistic.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 06-03-2007, 10:50 AM #17
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego

I like it. Good stuff. Obsviously to real and unrestrained for most people to accept on these boards.

A lot of people are masochists and enjoy the shame and pressure their belief system puts on them. They need their rules and fences in order to feel comfort. Deconstruction of ego is their biggest fear.

Definately a humanist religion. Which I am cool with. Although I choose to be more about balance of influences in my life, and attempt to not over indulge.

If you guys want to compare satanism to hedonism that is fine. I do not see though why it is a big deal? There are many more religous leaders out there though with a new $2000 dollar suit each Sunday and their million dollar homes that appear more self indulgent than any satanist
Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 PM #18
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post

I'm an atheist so I don't favor Christianity or any religion, for that matter.

LaVey is against religion but he believes in "magic", whatever that is. Give me a break. His stuff is pretty foolish, but I guess that's what you get from a guy who formulated his philosophy working in carnivals.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 PM #19
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomperson View Post
Sounds like Satanists are pretty much just Atheists with a philosophy. Is that close?
And magical powers.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:13 PM #20
Gamron
Ridiculously Good Looking

They sound like utilitarians more than anything else to me.

HUSTLERS GRAB YOUR GUNS

:'(=YOU

My Absence, and My Addiction
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 AM #21
nicotine
Addicted to something.

when it comes to the whole magical spectrum of satanism it is based alot on psychodrama. Kinda like if u tell a cancer patient that this pill will heal him and its just a placebo and he actually starts getting better. It's ruffly the same concept. The human mind is a powerful thing when u learn how to use it.