PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-11-2007, 09:44 AM #22
ndpenner
2k1'er

has been a member for 10 years
It is kind of getting to be like the timmy threads.

I remember that a thread was started in there about how much they hated people buying timmies after the price drop, and how stupid and poor everyone that bought one around that time was.

It's a LOWER PRICED (not cheap) marker. We're gonna have kids that this is their first marker, and lots of people that have no business working on their guns whatsoever. Still, we should do what we can to help people that have serious questions.
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 AM #23
ShadowGhost
Race Warrrrs! It's On!

I have a serious question.

Has anyone seen the barrel to my fusion? Srsly. I wish I could find it.
Feedback +/-
Originally posted by Fr3aKzoiD: maybe he was afraid god would hate him if he came.

Still using Windoze?! Click here!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:20 AM #24
Mastehmuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakasi kid View Post
i dont like them they feel big and awkward i also dont like how it has a srping bolt and for those who said they passed up 06 egos and stuff for a fusion might be right i dunno but there is no way you are getting the same quality gun as a 600-1500 $ gun when you are buying a $450 but if oyu dont have that kind of $ i would suggest getting a gun in b/s/t that was a $800 gun but is 1 to 2 years old so therefore is dirt cheap

do you realize how much an effective advertising campain cost???? Smart parts does everything from posters, made on high quality material to banners which means paying someone to design the banner, then paying large website a big amount of money. Also promotions such as large events all ove the world, yes the world, not just the united states. Then there is the fact that they are a large company, so automatically they have to up the price to pay for what they make. Think of employee benefits, and all the other cost that come with being a big boy.

Most of those price tags are not for preformance. Most of the price is so the company your buying from can pay the bills. This has been explained countless times and I dont know how else to explain it....

but here, prime example. I have 3 dogs, two pitts and a german shepherd.

All my dogs are purple ribbon bred. They all have ukc or akc paperwork on them. So when I feed my dogs, I wanna feed them the best. There is eukinuba, which I thought was wonderful, until my vet pointed out the same theory I pointed out above. She recommended a brand of food that does not advertise at all. A brand who had gained consumers based on word of mouth alone. Their product is so supperior you can physically see the changes in my dogs. Keep in mind "Eukanuba" is supposed to be the best. Not even close.

You get what you pay for. What your talking about paying for is marketing and promotions. Marketing and promotions with not save you from a headshoot when your on the field with me.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 AM #25
ShadowGhost
Race Warrrrs! It's On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastehmuh View Post
do you realize how much an effective advertising campain cost???? Smart parts does everything from posters, made on high quality material to banners which means paying someone to design the banner, then paying large website a big amount of money. Also promotions such as large events all ove the world, yes the world, not just the united states. Then there is the fact that they are a large company, so automatically they have to up the price to pay for what they make. Think of employee benefits, and all the other cost that come with being a big boy.

Most of those price tags are not for preformance. Most of the price is so the company your buying from can pay the bills. This has been explained countless times and I dont know how else to explain it....

All my dogs are purple ribbon bred. They all have ukc or akc paperwork on them. So when I feed my dogs, I wanna feed them the best. There is eukinuba, which I thought was wonderful, until my vet pointed out the same theory I pointed out above. She recommended a brand of food that does not advertise at all. A brand who had gained consumers based on word of mouth alone. Their product is so supperior you can physically see the changes in my dogs. Keep in mind "Eukanuba" is supposed to be the best. Not even close.

You get what you pay for. What your talking about paying for is marketing and promotions. Marketing and promotions with not save you from a headshoot when your on the field with me.
q....f....t
Feedback +/-
Originally posted by Fr3aKzoiD: maybe he was afraid god would hate him if he came.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM #26
Mastehmuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGhost View Post
q....f....t

why, thank you!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:56 AM #27
AggOrNot
○HK○

Quote:

*clap, clap, clap*

"WillyW0nka: hmmm...put an inflatable emergency raft under your jersey. Buzzer goes off, you take it out, pull the string, and boom...insta bunker at the dead box."
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 AM #28
ShadowGhost
Race Warrrrs! It's On!

Np mastehmuh. You basically said what I really wanted to say but didn't want to type

Its like buying **** wrapped in tinfoil for 80 dollars cuz it says "Hollister" on it.
I'll sell you some **** wrapped in tinfoil for 20 bucks thats the EXACT same thing.
Feedback +/-

Old 05-11-2007, 11:11 AM #29
fruktflugan

In my opinion there are high end markers, mid end markers and low end markers and this is not solely based upon pricing alone.

The Fusion easily qualifies as high-end and is up there with the best.

You pay for the marker and what it's worth.
Markers multiple the price you pay for company name, reputation, advertising campaigns, sponsored teams and a lot of hype.

The fusion is able to compete with anything high end and it rocks up there with the best of them. It's up to you...

Now I am going to be flamed because of someone disliking the FASOR system... Well, tell me one thing. Does it work or doesn't it?
It works as well as true pneumatic markers and does not rely on airhoses or anything like that to do it.
It simplifies the process and has a spring return instead. The spring should give you a lifetime of service before it breaks.
What is easier to fix, pneumatics gone wild or exchanging a simple spring?

I used to be a marker hoe until I found the Fusion. No more switches for me, I am truly happy... And I have an early one too!

/Fusion number 166
Old 05-11-2007, 11:47 AM #30
Snake2715

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruktflugan View Post

I used to be a marker hoe until I found the Fusion. No more switches for me, I am truly happy... And I have an early one too!

/Fusion number 166

So wahts your number?

0608-00166?
>Ice White G3
DP Fusion Green LE #31/50

LOOK HERE ///RAPS REBUILD THREAD\\\
Old 05-11-2007, 11:51 AM #31
Barnhill
MOBIN in a town near you!

Technically isnt it a spring ASSISTED return?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams
Old 05-11-2007, 11:56 AM #32
jsnp8nt
Gathering Storm

jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jsnp8nt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsnp8nt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The only thing that I don't like is how heavy the grips are.
Other than that, I love mine. I can't wait til I can buy an aftermarket Grip, then I'll be extatic.
#9 of 19 PBX LV1
Lime Spire 260
Lime PBX 68/4500 a tank w/Ninja Reg
Visit www.pbbomb.com for the #1 field in Chicagoland
Proudly Sponsored by Virtue
http://www.virtuepb.com
Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM #33
kamakasi kid
FJC

Quote:

i agree w/ you on smart parts but what a bout eclipse? here actually relativley new and ppl bought there stuff w/o advertising im not saying the fusion is bad i just think its not the best choice for the money after shooting 1 i actually love my pmr which is the same price for the $

and for every1 saying im trying to hurt dp all im doing is answering the orgignal question just b/c i have not had a + expirence w/ them im not trying to bring the company down and alos nobody that comes in here is gunna get good advice if the only ppl that post are a very select few that love their fusions
xsv fan club #37
Thomas taylor fan club #29
Nicky cuba fan club # 24
Old 05-11-2007, 04:12 PM #34
ndpenner
2k1'er

Eclipse has been around for awhile now, E-grips, Eclipse Impulse, Director's Cut Cockers....People knew about them and saw their products in ads and articles before Ego's ever came out.

And if you come to a Fusion thread asking about people's preference on the feel of it, you're most likely gonna get people that love it fighting for it to death, and then the odd one or two that didn't like it. It's a preference issue.

Some people prefer the feel of a mini, or a pmr, or an epiphany. Bottom line is, despite your preference, PERFORMANCE should be what gets your hard-earned cash, unless its just something you absolutely cannot deal with, like how some people don't like the feel of the mini's front grip thingy.

People have their preferences and experiences, and they defend or bash the product based on them. If you ask an opinionated question based on the preference of how something looks or feels, you'll get an opininated answer based on how someone thought the product looked or felt.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:28 PM #35
bunkerbuster68
89 Lincoln Mark VII

no and no, some people say it feels like a shocker
Champion Paintball
AKA bunkerbuster007
Old 05-11-2007, 04:40 PM #36
PBACE1

Sorry guys, but I have to stop the madness here. I'm surprised no one is honest on PBN, anymore. I've used the Fusion for a bit, and even though it's made completely out of metal, unlike the PMR, it feels like absolute ****. It feels so much worse compared to my Icon-E (which mows faces, btw), and is my main tournament gun. I really don't understand why any of you would support Dangerous Power. I'm so glad our team isn't sponsored by them. Barnhill will back me up on this.

I couldn't love the feel of my Fusion more. Half of our team shoots Fusions and has nothing but good things to say about them. DP Fusion FTW
Old 05-11-2007, 05:20 PM #37
bunkerbuster68
89 Lincoln Mark VII

lol at first i was like wtf is he serious
Champion Paintball
AKA bunkerbuster007
Old 05-11-2007, 05:26 PM #38
pb62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerbuster68 View Post
lol at first i was like wtf is he serious
Me to until i looked at the bottom of his post.

Well both markers look like an awesome buy. Meaning mini and fusion.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:53 PM #39
Mastehmuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBACE1 View Post
Sorry guys, but I have to stop the madness here. I'm surprised no one is honest on PBN, anymore. I've used the Fusion for a bit, and even though it's made completely out of metal, unlike the PMR, it feels like absolute ****. It feels so much worse compared to my Icon-E (which mows faces, btw), and is my main tournament gun. I really don't understand why any of you would support Dangerous Power. I'm so glad our team isn't sponsored by them. Barnhill will back me up on this.

I couldn't love the feel of my Fusion more. Half of our team shoots Fusions and has nothing but good things to say about them. DP Fusion FTW
great googley moogley, you had me going for a minute there!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:55 PM #40
bunkerbuster68
89 Lincoln Mark VII

i think the mini is more breakable caus of all the new technology in it
Champion Paintball
AKA bunkerbuster007
Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 PM #41
pb62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerbuster68 View Post
i think the mini is more breakable caus of all the new technology in it
They look pretty simple to me.

I'm doing a lot of checking on both and they both seem to have problems from user error.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 PM #42
Mastehmuh

imo there is nothing inherently wrong with the mini....

but when you look at a marker like the fusion, the mini is so unnescessary....

the fusions capabilites either match or beat the mini, though overall they are comperable....

but the fusion is so simple.... the mini is a whole bunch of needless jazz...

nice concept.... I know paintball needs to make some advancements as far as markers go, cuz we are mroe or less in a stalemate...

but the mini is like a hybrid car imo.... nice that it can go so far... but then you have cars taht were made years ago like civic crv's, that are rated for more mpg with less technology.... (me and my F***ing analogies)...