PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 AM #1
x P ball N it UP x
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hey are NME's good?

are they good should i trade my pmr for a brand new nme and for 2 shocktech bolts with orange bolt and empire pants?

post here and tell me

NEED HELP

THANKS!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 AM #2
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
check the black quote in my sig. that should tell you all you need to know...

honestly, it's an $850 gun for 300-400, so you can't go wrong. it's fast, reliable, easy to maintain, provide you know what you're doing.... it's a great gun.
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 AM #3
x P ball N it UP x

o what are the modes on the board? and stuff? is it consistant? just wanna know lmk
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM #4
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Great gun, very consistant. WAS Boards are amazing.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 PM #5
x P ball N it UP x

what is on the board ramping .... what?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM #6
Brute06

semi, PSP Ramping, nxl full auto. The gun can hit 30bps. It's friggin sweet. This gun is an absolute beast in every way shape and form. I'll never get rid of mine. It's a great gun, but make sure you know how to fix your own crap. Sys X went out of business, so we tech and fix our own guns. That's why the people in this forum are awesome and know everything.

If I were you, I'd drop that PMR in a second for an NME...... is it an LE??? The LE's are better by far. Not so much in a performance standpoint, but they're lighter and balance a heck of a lot better.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM #7
x P ball N it UP x

o thanks man
Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM #8
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
There are bounce and debounce settings.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM #9
x P ball N it UP x

how u do that?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:47 PM #10
eNeMyE
TUBE-O-BUTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by x P ball N it UP x View Post
are they good should i trade my pmr for a brand new nme and for 2 shocktech bolts with orange bolt and empire pants?

post here and tell me

NEED HELP

THANKS!
first off its not "brand" new it maybe like new in box but in no way are they able to sell a brand new one . also the bolts withnot work in an nme unless shocktech made bolts and i didn't hear about it. thirs i would say that the nme is a great gun.
nme>pmr.IMO
Old 05-09-2007, 09:53 PM #11
x P ball N it UP x

i might get a different gun for it a ego 05
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 PM #12
Brute06

It really just comes down to personal preference. I don't really care what gun you get, if it doesn't suit you, then you won't be as good with it. If you can, try to hold them and see which feels better. Some guys will actually let you play a couple games with it. That's when you can be confident you're getting a good gun. If the guy isn't nervous about letting you try it out, then he's usually not hiding anything from you.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM #13
sp!n
ŻŻŻŻŻ

I say go with a timmy, what an NME is trying to be.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:06 PM #14
Brute06

way to be a retard sp!n. You sure know your crap there guy. I'm absolutely blown away by your knowledge of the paintball industry.

If you haven't gotten the clue, I think you're a retard.

Yes, an NME is a timmy clone, but it is also a very nice gun. System X made a lot of improvements on the intimidator. The newest version intimidators have passed up the NME, but they're also more expensive. I don't see why you think a timmy is so much better than an NME. The NME runs at 60psi, it's faster than hell, and it's light and looks amazing. You're a closed minded fool if you think a timmy is better simply because it's a name brand.

I noticed you own an A bomb. It's evident that you're nothing more than an immature fool who claims his gun is the best, simply due to the fact you own one and hate to think anyone could possibly be better. That coupled with the fact you are an ion owner further adds to your lack of credibility. Or wait, did you just buy that timmy??? So you haven't even used it and yet you claim it's better than an NME!!! Wow...... just wow.

Last edited by Brute06 : 05-15-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:35 PM #15
Fluffy282
Will work, for soda.

Annual Supporting Member
Fluffy282 plays in the APPA D4 division
Fluffy282 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 is attending Decay of Nations VI
2k2-2k4 timmys > NME > 2k5 timmy > NME L.E. - Alias style timmy > 06- timmys IMO
After owning an NME and then a dark timmy I'll say that I've never shot a gun with a better trigger then the NME, it's alittle on the heavy side, lack of replacement parts will freak you out from time to time. Be prepaired to be checked for bounce OFTEN. Mine had some chopping issues but I suppose that was probly more my fault then the gun's. To me the dark timmy was lighter, felt alittle better, allot lighter, didn't have the little "now and then" problems my NME had... but then again mine was the basic NME not L.E. so that may make a diffrence.

R.I.P. Kyle
Old 05-15-2007, 09:17 PM #16
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i'd probably take a dark or a REALLY nice Alias over my NME, just for the sole fact that they have tons of parts available. i also really like the 06's
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 05-15-2007, 09:29 PM #17
Brute06

The LE is a ton better. I've owned both the normal version and the LE. The LE is almost a pound lighter, so it balances a ton better and feels a thousand times better because it's a lot thinner. It's true that the lack of parts can get scary because you're more afraid of breaking things, but it's really not that big of a deal. The only thing I'm afraid of breaking is the LPR, which can be replaced by a timmy front block fairly easily (I must admit that the timmies DO have a little bit better LPR). I've not yet chopped with my LE. My old NME had some problems, but that was because I bought it used and the moron screwed it up and I had to fix it. At first I had a couple problems with my LE, but those were miniscule and I haven't had a problem since.

See, I like the way Fluffy argued. That's the way it should be. Notice that he also said "IMO". Most of the pluses and minuses between the guns are just personal preference. If sp!n would've backed his crap up with an explaination, then I wouldn't have a problem with him. Since he just came in here bashing, it just shows that he's a fool.

BTW Fluffy, out of those guns, which ones have you owned (I know the dark timmy and the NME.... which other ones). It seems like a lot of what you said was based on hearsay. the NME was actually better than the timmies of its time. The timmy owners just wouldn't admit it because that would mean their guns weren't as good. I admit that it's mostly just personal, but there are actually quite a few improvements that Sys X made to the intimidator design. It's really the same thing as the ion owners who claim that the ion is so amazing and it can easily beat Shockers and DMs and Egos. They mostly just don't want to admit that a better gun exists.

Sorry SEAL, you posted before me.
Of course the dark timmies were really nice. Warped sports milled them out more to cut some of the extra weight and stuff. Dark guns are pretty much always better. Also, like I said, the new timmies are really nice, but it's kind of unfair to say that the NME doesn't compete with a new gun, because system X can't really defend itself or make improvements. Based simply on the improvement between the old NMEs and the LEs, I think it would be safe to say that System X would be coming out with some really cool stuff right now that would probably compete with the newer timmies, if not beat them.

Last edited by Brute06 : 05-15-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 PM #18
Polygamist13
DoomedNova

woooooooooooo I miss these.....where timmy owners came in and argued with the NME owners.......

IMO.........I'm not going pro with maybe a tournament once in awhile......I can't justify spending so much on guns when the difference is in reality......minimal.........

Just more paint for me to buy, it's expensive enough as it is.......
Old 05-16-2007, 02:29 PM #19
Fluffy282
Will work, for soda.

Annual Supporting Member
Fluffy282 plays in the APPA D4 division
Fluffy282 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fluffy282 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
BTW Fluffy, out of those guns, which ones have you owned (I know the dark timmy and the NME.... which other ones). It seems like a lot of what you said was based on hearsay. the NME was actually better than the timmies of its time. The timmy owners just wouldn't admit it because that would mean their guns weren't as good. I admit that it's mostly just personal, but there are actually quite a few improvements that Sys X made to the intimidator design. It's really the same thing as the ion owners who claim that the ion is so amazing and it can easily beat Shockers and DMs and Egos. They mostly just don't want to admit that a better gun exists.
I have owned all of those guns execpt for the NME LE(which I believe I said I haven't had a chance to test) and the 06 timmy, wich I have shot but not owned. Again I loved my NME and surely if system x were still around their new markers would be amazing. When compairing the NME with guns of it's time(2k4 range) it was godly and it still holds it's own today.

R.I.P. Kyle
Old 05-16-2007, 04:16 PM #20
Brute06

^ That's why I asked which ones you've shot. It kinda sounded like you'd only shot a couple timmies and your NME. I'm glad you're actually making comparisons based on your experience. I hate when people pass on hearsay and don't really have any reasoning to back it up.

If you haven't gotten a chance to shoot an LE, you most definitely should. The newer milling really helps to balance it and makes it much more comfortable. The LE is lightyears better than the older NMEs.