Actually a thread about a finished gun! Not just ideas! Not just another 98c! - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-04-2007, 07:39 PM #1
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Actually a thread about a finished gun! Not just ideas! Not just another 98c!

This is already in Voided Warrenty, but I thought you guys would also like it (And this would inflate my ego a bit).

Finally. Its done. After 2 odd years of having all the supplies, and about a month working on it, its finished. Very nice too, but I have to say some things first.

Thanks to:
Karll for sending me a Free Ebolt Spring, pretty much couldnt have done it without his supplies or information.
TOT For opinions on it, and some constructive critism
Samoa Joe For filming the video, and giving me humor because my Frankenstien is better than his guns.
Whoever sold me the DM Stuff
Some of the Dye Fourm Members
__________________________________________________ _________

Here are the Specs.
Tippmann 98C
GTA Ebolt
DM4 Frame
DM4 Electronics
S-Rail
Cut Down Whisper Barrel
DXS 45/45
Reloader B
__________________________________________________ _________

I was first going to use a Spyder Eframe, but I screwed that idea when I couldnt fit the electronics in it good enough. I had a friend mill it flat, and I figured it would be cool and unique to put the frame up in front, and was kindof inspired by a Styer AUG, like a Bulpup. I know this one isnt a true bulpup, but the weight and balance is great. It all works great, id even say better than someones gun here. I cut the Whisper Barrel down just for a joke, but it shoots surprisingly well. In the Future, I plan on doing some more to it, in this order:

DM Eyes
2 way the ram
Timmy Noid
Rufus Dawg Centerfeed
DM Chip or Board
__________________________________________________ ______
Pics:

__________________________________________________ ________
Videos:

Photobucket
YouTube

New Videos:
YouTube
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 PM #2
Spiff524

amazing project grats on this unique piece of art
My Rising Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post34633678
Old 05-04-2007, 08:18 PM #3
PAINTBALL ZILLA
Canobie Paintball Factory

Annual Supporting Member
PAINTBALL ZILLA helped look for balloons
Props Man!

Canobie Paintball | PB Wizard | XS Energy | NHIP
Zilla Photography
Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 PM #4
LAWSON
Outfit Pb

I wish it had eyes and a front grip
---Snake Players Gang Council Member---
<<Sponsored By www.BoblongDirect.com
And Outfit paintball 17074473098
>>
Old 05-04-2007, 08:52 PM #5
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Yes, its going to have eyes, but a front grip? Search AUG or FAMAS on google. If anything, a shroud type thing would be put under the barrel and attatched to where the front grip should be. Like on the 98Cs Flatline.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 PM #6
Bmooney
They Call Me Squeaks

Bmooney supports Team VICIOUS
good job

but it must have a lot of kick
i would def consider maybe putting some kind of reg on there to lower pressure (maybe)
MW
TRUST (+10,-0)
Old 05-04-2007, 10:48 PM #7
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

I already had one on, but its too high of a pressure gun to use most regs...

It really doesnt have kick at all, I dont know why. I meen its EP, but still uses the basic tippmann design...I meen in the Second Video, in the second part of me shooting (Really short one) I was holding the gun in one hand and the camera in the other, and its not bad...
Old 05-04-2007, 11:48 PM #8
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

I like it, but you should send it to me for more extensive filing and a paintjob... the current finish just doesn't compliment the beauty of the gun... I can centerfeed it too...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post33980258

*edit: I can match that black/red fade on the gripframe, too. I'm not spamming, just saying that the finish should match the gun, I mean other than that it's really hot, so I'll throw you a discount if you want it painted... Face, you're still my hero.

Last edited by A.C. Basbas : 05-04-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:33 AM #9
searcher66083

If you are lookinginto putting a reg on it, look at the WGP ergo grip reg. They are high pressure and work pretty good. Thay can also be found cheap.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:26 AM #10
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C. Basbas View Post
I like it, but you should send it to me for more extensive filing and a paintjob... the current finish just doesn't compliment the beauty of the gun... I can centerfeed it too...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post33980258

*edit: I can match that black/red fade on the gripframe, too. I'm not spamming, just saying that the finish should match the gun, I mean other than that it's really hot, so I'll throw you a discount if you want it painted... Face, you're still my hero.
I cant get the link to work, but if you can give me a killer deal, then Id think about it. What do you use.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:57 AM #11
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Face View Post
I cant get the link to work, but if you can give me a killer deal, then Id think about it. What do you use.
An airbrush for finish/color work, and a rattle can for priming and glosscoating (I don't reccomend gloss... It can't be baked, and it isn't as solid as semi-gloss or matte). I do milling too, but yours looks like it just needs some filing and fine sanding. Let me try that link again...

HERE
Old 05-05-2007, 12:17 PM #12
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Is it in the ASM fourm or something? It just says that I dont have permission to see this page...

If I was to get this done, would it be possible for you to instal the centerfeed with the eyes already drilled in? And would you order the CF and just instal it if I paid you for it?
Old 05-05-2007, 12:54 PM #13
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Is it in the ASM fourm or something? It just says that I dont have permission to see this page...

If I was to get this done, would it be possible for you to instal the centerfeed with the eyes already drilled in? And would you order the CF and just instal it if I paid you for it?
I can order the Rufus Dawg CF (my recomendation) and install it, or you can order it and send it along with the gun. I've done centerfeed on guns with eyes before, but it depends on how you drilled and where you drilled.

Either way, I can paint it and clean up the body. Would you be into a red/black fade to match the gripframe? What's on your mind for a paintjob?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:01 PM #14
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Well this all depends. If you can drill eyes and 2 way the ram, ill send everything to you. If not, im gonna have to have FullyModded do the Eyes and Ram first, then get it CFed...

I was thinking a marroon to black like the frame.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 PM #15
Diablo Wrath ESP (Banned)
=]

Center feed it. It would skip shots less.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:09 PM #16
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Well this all depends. If you can drill eyes and 2 way the ram, ill send everything to you. If not, im gonna have to have FullyModded do the Eyes and Ram first, then get it CFed...

I was thinking a marroon to black like the frame.
FullyModded is a great guy, and I can tell you up front that he'll do a better job with the eyes. I recommend the Rufus Dawg CF kit, and if you get the milling for that done by FullyModded it will make my painting job much easier.

I can do marroon/black, and just because I love this project (and you're a good guy), I won't charge for the primer/gloss, or the milling/sanding.

I'll PM you a copy of my "services" page.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:09 PM #17
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Eyes would skip shots never...

Are you saying that you cant do the RD milling, and youd rather him do it?

Thanks man! Only two problems is that he cant do the RD milling job, so Ill have to send it to RD, then Ill have to send it to Fully Modded, Then to you. Also, This is gonna be a huge cost...

Eyes- $38
Noid- $40
Center Feed- -$25
Services to get these instaled- ~$70 total
Your Services- ??

Thats going to be more than $200, and for a 16 year old that has a Minium Wage Paying job and a car to think about, this may take awhile...

Last edited by Teh_Face : 05-05-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:14 PM #18
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Eyes would skip shots never...
Er... Not sure where you're coming from with that, but I agree!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 PM #19
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo Wrath ESP View Post
Center feed it. It would skip shots less.
I ment that to him. I already typed it, and you posted between those two, and I figured it would be easier to just edit... lol...

I got your PM, and those arent bad prices.

I dont know if you can see it in the pics, but the body has some mishapen and pits in it. From bad dremeling, would you be able to get that out?

Also, who would you rather do the CF job. You or RD?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:40 PM #20
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
I ment that to him. I already typed it, and you posted between those two, and I figured it would be easier to just edit... lol...

I got your PM, and those arent bad prices.

I dont know if you can see it in the pics, but the body has some mishapen and pits in it. From bad dremeling, would you be able to get that out?

Also, who would you rather do the CF job. You or RD?
Well if RD is doing the eyes, then he should do the CF. I don't want to screw up any of his work, just as I wouldn't want him to screw up mine.

If he mills for a Rufus Dawg neck, and you order one from Tippmannparts.com or something like that, it will make painting a lot easier. I can probably get most of the pitting, if not all of it, with a file and sandpaper. If you want, I could put a few extra coats of primer; that tends to help flatten and markings.

I'm thinking... you probably should send me the frame and the body clamshells, and keep the rest of the parts with you. I need the body (to paint it obviously) and the gripframe just to match up the bodies fade with the grips fade. You hang on to the rest of the parts; I don't want to lose/confuse them.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 PM #21
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Ok, now im a tad confused... lol
There are 3 parties that Can possibly do work on this gun...

Rufus Dawg (RD)
FullyModded
A.C. Bas Bas

RD can only do Centerfeed.
FullyModded can do Eyes and Ram
You can do Painting and Centerfeed, right?

So would it be easier for me send it to RD to get the Feed done, or send it to you?

Also, in what order do you think this should be done? The Eyes and Ram are grouped together, so should Eyes or Centerfeed be done first to make it easier? I dont care about ease of playing paintball for now, just what would be easier to do first.