PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2007, 05:25 PM #1
I<3 paintball

Buying a Zeus or G1 from a Kid from school for $30

Yea soo i ended my paintball career some time ago and havent played for almost a year now. Before i stopped i was really into pumps, there cheap fun and reliable. So this kid from my school is getting rid of his zeus(thats what he called it) im assuming its a G1 because my other friend who saw this pistol says it looked exactly like the G2 i see in this picture thread. He will sell me it for $30 which i thought was a great deal. My question is will i be disapointed? seeing as i have never shot a pistol before. Also is it cost effective to play with 12 grams? in other words how many shots per 12 gram. My last question is were do i buy upgrades and other things...this will be my main marker most likely i have done a google search to find the armotech website but i have not been successfull.

Well thanks for reading
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2007, 04:14 PM #2
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Try http://www.armotech.us/forum/
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 PM #3
ShockVVave69
Paintball = Addiction

has been a member for 10 years
Pistols are a novalty, or something you bring to a scenario game. 12 grams are NOT effective in a pistol (in many better quality pumps they can be) and the pistols range is garbage. I've never shot a good paintball pistol to this day, imo it's a waiste of money unless you buddies own one too and you can have duels or if you are into scenario games.

Also pistols are semi(unless you mod it) and if you go to a field(unless you are with a private group) and won't be able to play with the pumpers, they will stick you with the semi group. Anyways with a terrable rof 10 shots with terrable range(barrel is just too short) but they can be somewhat acurate, point is, imo it's no fun.

(sorry this post is more of a rant than anything) Also disregard grammar and spelling. I was trying to write this as quick as possable while taking time off writing my finals.
Come visit the best field in Chicago! Foxpaintball.com
Old 05-03-2007, 11:55 PM #4
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

We play with pistols all the time and they are worth the money, especially for 30 bucks. You have to adapt your ways but they do work. Remember you don't always need fast.

A team mate of mine commonly drops his main electric gun on the ground and runs around using a pistol. You just need to know how to work it.

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 PM #5
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

Here is a nice article on how to properly use a pistol at sidearmownersgroup.com http://www.freeforum101.com/saog/vie...23&mforum=saog

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:59 AM #6
Destroyer 105
Team CARNAGE UK

The Tac 8 has an 8inch barrel which is good considering some "full size" markers come with barrels that long. Also it is a blow forward not a blow back like most other pistols and it is regulated unlike most other pistols. Pistols like the G1 , G2 overlord etc are usually unregulated sypder based blowbacks, so really don't cut it in comparison to a Tac 8. You should fire a tac8 there suprisingly good.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 PM #7

30 bucks is good, slap on the adapter for c02 tanks and some spare clips and ur good to go... i know ppl who only play pistol sometimes since its cheaper.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:29 AM #8
ThePixelGuru

If you want a pistol to dick around with, yeah, $30 is an awesome deal as long as it shoots. If you want a marker to "get back in the game" or whatever, you'll be disappointed. The pistol's fun once and a while, but it's not a pump and it's not a primary marker.

As for the real quality pistols, the Tac 8 is pretty sweet, but I'd take a Sydarm any day of the week.