Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-29-2007, 08:50 PM #1
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
Unhappy First problem encountered....DPfusion please help

Alright guys, many of you have dealt with reg creep before, so bare with me. I have a V2 fusion with the newer reg, so I didn't think this problem would come up.
Saturday went great, the fusion was ripping faces off and attracting TONS of attention. At the end of the day, a couple guys wanted to see it on 25 bps ramping, so I set it on that and aired her up again. All of a sudden, the reg creeped from the 250 mark all the way up to the red zone, so I degassed it. I proceeded to check for the problem. I thought I had found it in the small screw inside the adjuster unit....it was loose. So, I applied a small amount of loctite and screwed in back down nice and tight. I aired the gun back up today to see if the problem was fixed, and it still creeped up. I was slightly pissed, so I replaced all the orings and tried again....still creeped. So, I started looking elsewhere for the problem. Yes, the battery is fresh and the conical washers are in the correct order. I think I found the problem, though.....it seems that the bottom of the thin part of the piston that extends down into the pressure adjustment unit is being slowly indented by the small screw in there, so the reg is not seating correctly. There is a very noticeable ring being cut into the bottom of the piston that makes contact with that little screw. I would like DP to PM me or something so that I can get this worked out before my tournament on Thursday night. If ANYONE else has anymore input, please let me know. Besides that, the gun performed excellently all day, and I think I converted a couple PMR users over.

EDIT: DP customer service rocks. The problem with my regulator is the piston not seating since it is scratched, which is a very rare occurence probably caused by me. DP is sending me a new adjustment unit and piston. DP rocks!!! You guys will be getting plenty of reppin from me in the Indy area.

Last edited by imped4now : 04-30-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2007, 08:51 PM #2
xYodax
TopGun

xYodax plays in the PSP
xYodax helped look for balloons
I would email dp for this one.

Just Enough Fela
Old 04-29-2007, 09:00 PM #3
imped4now
BTFU

I emailed them....just waiting for a response. Not expecting to get one on a sunday night.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:02 PM #4
xYodax
TopGun

xYodax plays in the PSP
xYodax helped look for balloons
dp hasn't stopped surprising me since I first got a fusion.

Just Enough Fela
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 PM #5
Arstron
fusionowners.org

you did check all the orings inside the regulator to besure there wasnt any gauges didnt you?
For Sale:
WTB your broken DP markers.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:20 PM #6
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstron View Post
you did check all the orings inside the regulator to besure there wasnt any gauges didnt you?
Yep, and I replaced them anyway, even though they all looked just fine. I'm almost positive it has to do with the fact that the little screw is digging into the bottom of the piston, not allowing it to seat well. I've pretty much ruled everything else out. I really like the design of the reg as well, so I don't think it will need replacing, it just needs a new piston and maybe a new adjuster unit. Then it will be good to go.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 PM #7
FDS. (Banned)

were you able to use a different reg?

sounds like theres really nothing you can do except get a new adjustment screw....
Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM #8
imped4now
BTFU

I wasn't able to use a different reg, but I will talking with DP tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what's up. It's probably nothing but a piston/adjustment screw issue.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:33 PM #9
FDS. (Banned)

i would send you a adjustment screw/ piston thing but i wouldn't be able to ship it out on thursday
Old 04-29-2007, 10:39 PM #10
imped4now
BTFU

Well, I think I need both the adjustment screw unit AND piston.....and I don't need it shipped out ON thursday....I would need it here BY thursday. If not, then whatever. Do you not use your stock reg FDS?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 PM #11
FDS. (Banned)

my parents arent here until wedensday late and i wouldn't be able to get it out till thursday

sorry
Old 04-29-2007, 11:05 PM #12
Arstron
fusionowners.org

You wouldnt happen to know anyone close by that bought the parts kit would you? It comes with 2 extra pistons and adjustment screws.
For Sale:
WTB your broken DP markers.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:09 PM #13
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstron View Post
You wouldnt happen to know anyone close by that bought the parts kit would you? It comes with 2 extra pistons and adjustment screws.
Life could only be that easy.
I'm the only guy in my area, or at my field for that matter, that shoots a fusion. Probably not for long, though. Everyone loves it. So, does anyone here have a reg that works significantly better than the stock reg on their fusion? I would just like to hear people's comparisons between the stock reg and sidewinders, cp's, and others. I want to stick with the stock reg if possible, though.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:16 PM #14
nos_
(¯`ˇ._.ˇBuNkErEdˇ._.ˇ´¯)

i would think a cp reg would preform better then the stock, my stock is fine but im thinking of up grading to either a cp shorty or a hyper 2, what u guys think would be better?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:18 PM #15
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nos_ View Post
i would think a cp reg would preform better then the stock, my stock is fine but im thinking of up grading to either a cp shorty or a hyper 2, what u guys think would be better?
I've used a cp before and I wasn't too impressed with the consistency. The stock reg is designed excellently and should perform VERY well when I get a new piston/adjustment screw. It uses a similar design to the macdev gladiator, which is the best reg I've ever used. Sidewinder is second to that. If I was going to spend money on a new reg, it would be on either one of those unless I could get a cp for like $25. I've never used a hyper 2, but I know that they are a pain to disassemble, so that's an automatic no to me. I like regs that are easy to get to so they can be lubed and maintained should a problem arise.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM #16
nos_
(¯`ˇ._.ˇBuNkErEdˇ._.ˇ´¯)

and my reg matches my gun
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM #17
FDS. (Banned)

i really like my cp...

not the best looks but youll get used to it after a while.
my consistancy is +/-2
Old 04-29-2007, 11:27 PM #18
piccointegra

i use cp on my fusion its consistent -3 bps and i was getting 5-bps on stock. I just use my cp for preference i like the fitting on the bottom of the reg it just feel more comfortable holding the gun w/ out the macro fitting on the side
Old 04-30-2007, 12:57 AM #19
Dances With Tribals
Member of the Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccointegra View Post
i use cp on my fusion its consistent -3 bps and i was getting 5-bps on stock. I just use my cp for preference i like the fitting on the bottom of the reg it just feel more comfortable holding the gun w/ out the macro fitting on the side
Uhh bps? You mean fps! And for $24 you can get a detonator reg, still my personal favorite. One of the best I have ever used!
eBay +52/-0
Old 04-30-2007, 01:46 PM #20
imped4now
BTFU

Alright guys, I just spoke with Daniel at DP and he will be sending me a new adjustment unit and a new piston, since the two are complimentary parts. He was a super cool dude and knew what he was talking about. This is my first experience having to use DP customer service and I am extremely impressed. DP, you just got yourselves a lifetime customer!!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:14 PM #21
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
I like the stock reg but just wish it had a spring or spacer instead of those damn shim stacks