PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-09-2001, 12:35 AM #1
D-Tox

has been a member for 10 years
Do those fans you can insert into JT masks help to stop glasses fogging up? My mask doesn't fog up at all (thermal lens), but even if I put anti-fog stuff on my glasses, they still fog!

Also, I think there are two types of fans (one can blow in or draw out I think, the other just one of them). Is the 2 option one worth the extra money?

Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2001, 02:56 AM #2
PB_Rhyno

I've got a few things for you to try. A fan will help, but try going to a Ski shop (shouldn't be too hard to find due to your "Great white north" location) and buy some anti-fog called Cat Crap ( Yes, that's really the name of the product-lol). This stuff really helps. FYI: if your glasses have plastic, or composite frames- they tend to fog worse than metal rimmed glasses. I can't get my lenses in smaller sizes due to an odd curve in my cornea, so I'm stuck with large- plastic frames. After trying every trick I could get my hands on to help cure the problem, a friend in the Marines recomended the Cat Crap and it solved most of the problem- and in tandem with a fan (either a JT or homemade unit) my problem was solved. Now I can even play fog-free in Floridas 90% humidity summers, or Michigans cool-damp fall. I hope this hopes cuz this is one topic where I can relate to how something so irritating can wreck a days play.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:17 AM #3
D-Tox

I tried the Cat Crap out....works great! I definitely recommend someone to try this before investing in a goggle fan
Old 05-26-2001, 12:54 PM #4
Halliday

With glasses, fighting fog requires a multi-pronged attack. Here is what I do:

1) Thermal lens for my Spectras
2) No visor (cut's down air-flow)
3) Some lens cleaning spray. (On the lable it says astrononts use it to keep their helmets clean and fog free!)
4) 10:1 baby shampoo spray on my glasses
5) Cut out a dime-sized hole above the fan blades of my X-wind
6) X-wind fan, set to blow out

It's not perfect. I have to keep my glasses dry or they start to fog.

I will try the Cat Crap!