Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 AM #232
DaEagleEye8
Uconn Husky
 
DaEagleEye8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Storrs, CT
DaEagleEye8 helped look for balloons
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmooney View Post
Just a word of thanks to the guys that monitor some of there apparently rhetorical questions. Given the number and content of the stickies, there isn't any reason the majority of these posts should exist. All the while you guys will still answer some of the most idiotic questions even though there answers have already been given dozens of times. I used this thread and the manual to set my Dwell and ROFD this afternoon and I'm shooting 17 BPS on my brand new stock ION XE. The Dwell is set to 42 from the bottom and ROFD is set at 0.

I hope these questions don't get asked anymore because I am tired of logging on and seeing the same posts everytime and I atleast have the decency to read everything provided here and everywhere else Google can search before asking anything. So far I don't need to know anything that these guys have not already answered.

Thank you to all of the guys who help everyone out. It is truly appreciated. You guys are clearly intelligent, mature and EXTREMELY patient.

Again Thanks!

-T
np dude. Nice to see people like you around here. Your attitude and appreciation is awesome.
__________________
-2010-2011 UConn Paintball President
Matt's Outback Paintball
Planet Eclipse
DaEagleEye8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 PM #233
Toyota00
Paintball4Life
 
Toyota00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Toyota00 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey guys thanks for the help! I went out on sunday and had it set to the 55 dwell and I think 33 recharge and it was perfect. My efficiency wasn't too bad, not bad enough for me to start messing with it again haha. Anyways just wanted to say thanks to all who helped me!
__________________
VegasOutlawz
Toyota00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM #234
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
np
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 AM #235
DaEagleEye8
Uconn Husky
 
DaEagleEye8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Storrs, CT
DaEagleEye8 helped look for balloons
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota00 View Post
Hey guys thanks for the help! I went out on sunday and had it set to the 55 dwell and I think 33 recharge and it was perfect. My efficiency wasn't too bad, not bad enough for me to start messing with it again haha. Anyways just wanted to say thanks to all who helped me!
glad to hear you had a good day of pb and your ion worked well for you.
__________________
-2010-2011 UConn Paintball President
Matt's Outback Paintball
Planet Eclipse
DaEagleEye8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 AM #236
Killa560yo
 
 
Killa560yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
well, im getting my new ion today or monday, so im doing my homework on the gun, and have 2 questions...

1st. If i have the Dwell set to 48 and ROF to 0, how many shots will i get out of a 48ci/3000psi tank?

2nd. (Could be a little of topic) Well, after i take my ion out of the box, set my Dwell and ROF, am i good to go gas it up? or do i need to make changes to the velocity? (cause i heard from some where you have to lower it first, just want to double check) and also before i go gas it up for the first time is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks , sorry for sounding like such a noob though, this is my first paintball gun and i dont want to mess it up..
Killa560yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:07 PM #237
SpyderPB819
 
 
SpyderPB819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte
SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
SpyderPB819 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa560yo View Post
well, im getting my new ion today or monday, so im doing my homework on the gun, and have 2 questions...

1st. If i have the Dwell set to 48 and ROF to 0, how many shots will i get out of a 48ci/3000psi tank?

2nd. (Could be a little of topic) Well, after i take my ion out of the box, set my Dwell and ROF, am i good to go gas it up? or do i need to make changes to the velocity? (cause i heard from some where you have to lower it first, just want to double check) and also before i go gas it up for the first time is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks , sorry for sounding like such a noob though, this is my first paintball gun and i dont want to mess it up..
1. About 500-600. It sucks, I know.

2. You don't need to touch the board settings if it is new, and yes you are good to go. Just make sure you Don't go over 200 psi...

You sound MUCH less of a noob than half of the posters in here to be honest. I'm really happy you actually read the stickies... I hope to see you in here often.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:24 PM #238
Killa560yo
 
 
Killa560yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post
1. About 500-600. It sucks, I know.

2. You don't need to touch the board settings if it is new, and yes you are good to go. Just make sure you Don't go over 200 psi...

You sound MUCH less of a noob than half of the posters in here to be honest. I'm really happy you actually read the stickies... I hope to see you in here often.
lol, thanks for help
Killa560yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:46 PM #239
alfonsolog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
i have a lucky board in my ion and when i want to change settings it only appars the green color and red, its missing the blue color etc...
alfonsolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:54 PM #240
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsolog View Post
i have a lucky board in my ion and when i want to change settings it only appars the green color and red, its missing the blue color etc...
Orly, so what is your dwell related question?
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:00 PM #241
alfonsolog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
that when i go to program mode it only appears the red color and green its missing the yellow, blueee ..etc...
alfonsolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 PM #242
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsolog View Post
that when i go to program mode it only appears the red color and green its missing the yellow, blueee ..etc...
Dwell is the amount of time the solenoid valve stays open for each shot. It has nothing to do with your LEDs lighting up properly.

You should be fine to start a thread looking for help with your board, or if possible do a search for threads relating to lucky board problems.

Is there a tournament lock on that board? Maybe the lock is on and you can only adjust certain things? Not really sure, I have zero experience with that board.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:07 PM #243
SpyderPB819
 
 
SpyderPB819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte
SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
SpyderPB819 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
There is a stage 4 problems thread.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:10 PM #244
alfonsolog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
where? send me the link
alfonsolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 PM #245
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsolog View Post
where? send me the link
All you had to do was look through the pages of topics in the Ion forum.


http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1825327
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:37 PM #246
alfonsolog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
that would not help! i need to put my freaking ion at ramping mode and it wont show the blue color!
alfonsolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:40 PM #247
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsolog View Post
that would not help! i need to put my freaking ion at ramping mode and it wont show the blue color!
You NEED it on ramp mode? Might I ask why?
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM #248
alfonsolog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
because that's the best mode! i just need it
alfonsolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:18 PM #249
SpyderPB819
 
 
SpyderPB819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte
SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
SpyderPB819 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Woah, he's a fiesty one!

Semi is fine, Ramping is only good if you are in a league that requires ramping... You don't get any better by spraying paint over a bunker and hoping he pops out into your stream.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:25 PM #250
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post
Woah, he's a fiesty one!

Semi is fine, Ramping is only good if you are in a league that requires ramping... You don't get any better by spraying paint over a bunker and hoping he pops out into your stream.

besides, most fields don't allow ramping, spray and pray is for noobs.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:27 PM #251
bprofit2 (Banned)
Yes, I have an Ion
 
bprofit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio, Cleveland
need help with setting my dwell and ROF

no clue how to do but i know what it does
i have a qev 360 and i would to change my dwell to 20
and put my rof at 0..
will somebody please please give me step by directions to change it those settings any help will be appreciated and needed.
bprofit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM #252
spug
spuggles
 
spug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Search on youtube for vids on ion settings or something like that, Watching a vid will help you more than reading it. It's actually pretty easy once you watch it.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump