PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2016, 05:51 AM #1
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

My Ion build.. Salvage to Savage

I have owned a number of ions through the years (I have been in the game since 2002) and always enjoyed them. I know they have been hated on and honestly I was one of those haters before I picked up my first one but then I decided I liked the platform. Like most of us I had moved past the platform and found a higher end gun that I liked better to shoot as my primary, but had always played with the idea of building a nice ion. Some time ago I was surfing the B/S/T and found this:

Reg was cross threaded into the frame and the ion was (aside from the feedneck) bone stock. The ion was listed as an extra in the thread and the seller said he would part with it for shipping costs otherwise it was just going to be thrown away. Always greatful for a new project I took him up on it.
When I got the ion I was able to get the reg out of the frame but it was too far gone, so I went to ebay and began my build.
Sith frame picked up for about $45
Strange body (partial BoB) for another $45
TechT L7 bolt $25
And the rest was pulled from parts I had on hand.
NDz on off
SFT reg
freak barrel
Eclipse 08 ego QEV
Then the build sat in a parts box for a long time because life happened and I didn't have time to do anything with it.
Finally I threw it all together but I still wanted a little more out of it so I polished the outside of the can and the breach to make the windows in the body look nicer.
I finally had a chance to set it up and it works great.
LMK what you guys think

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS

Last edited by bait607 : 02-19-2016 at 06:50 PM.
bait607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM #2
Halcyon, K

Halcyon, K has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Halcyon, K has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Halcyon, K supports Ninja Paintball
Very nice. I love custom Ions.
Halcyon, K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:35 AM #3
Dannyboy4477

that is awesome!!! I got 2 leaking ions for nothing basically I in a trade for a 2k cocker no 3way or asa for a jt proflex and a vlocity hopper. guy threw them and a 14 in freak that went with them in. I found one had a virtue and one a blackheart board. fixed them all up and now one is basically stock and shooting. the virtue one I am putting a bob body and some cp parts on. I will post pics when I am done. these were my first ion builds and I am impressed. I think I may sell my mini gs and axe and play with these.