Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 PM #1
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
eye mode

what eye mod do you all use? i used to use 2 but recently it started MADLY chopping on me (BIP was 2-4) so i put it to eye mode 1 and the cap at 17. i've been just playing with that but have any of use ever noticed that if you use eye mode 2 and block the eyes for more than 3 shots, it goes straight to bypass? eye mode 1 does not do this and i partially why i use it now.... even though the bypass is supposed to help clear the breach after a chop, i've found it causes me to chop more often.

on eye mod 2, what is all of your BIP's. i know this is in the setting thread but i'd like a current setting, why, and your thoughts on the eye modes

thanks
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM #2
Brute06

Eye mode 1 watches the paint, where eye mode 2 watches the bolt movement. That's why eye mode 2 doesn't work with your finger. I like eye mode 1 because it allows you to cap your rof so you don't use an excessive amount of paint.

If you have a fast hopper, you can use a lower BIP, like 5-10. If you have a gravity feed hopper, you may need to put the BIP a little higher to allow more time for the eye to pick up a ball. With a slow hopper you should bump your BIP to about 16 or something.

I think that a colored bolt can mess with eye mode 2, so if your bolt isn't white, that might be the reason you're having problems now. Just a thought.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:51 PM #3
magman687
cocker tech

i use mode 2 ( it makes me feel safe at night)
and bip is 2

i like how it works if my eyes mess up it goes to 10 bps after 3 shots so you wont chop and you can keep playing in mid game without worry.

and as far as the bolt goes as long as it isnt clear its ok think about this for a sec it is breakbeam eye not reflective.

so not matter what is the beam breaks it reads it.

not trying to sound like an *** with that last statment brute06 just letting you know.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 AM #4
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

the only thing that bugs me is that i never chop in eye mode 1, only in two.... that's all. now i've got my BIP at 10 and i'll slowly work my way down from there in an attempt to use eye mode 2 again...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM #5
Brute06

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman687 View Post
i use mode 2 ( it makes me feel safe at night)
and bip is 2

i like how it works if my eyes mess up it goes to 10 bps after 3 shots so you wont chop and you can keep playing in mid game without worry.

and as far as the bolt goes as long as it isnt clear its ok think about this for a sec it is breakbeam eye not reflective.

so not matter what is the beam breaks it reads it.

not trying to sound like an *** with that last statment brute06 just letting you know.

Well then, that shows about how much you know about your gun. First of all, the gun goes to 13 bps after three eye malfunctions. Second, since the eyes are monitoring the bolt, yes, you can throw them off by using another color. It sees the bolt the same as the paint and it gets screwed up. It'll read it, but it won't be able to tell what's going on. THat's why when you put your finger in the breech on mode 2, the eyes automatically malfunction and go to safe mode. Not trying to sound like an *** or anything. :halfdodgy:
Old 04-25-2007, 07:32 PM #6
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

..... it sounds like no one can tell DEFINATELY what each eye mode does since both your arguements have interesting points in each of them. and it could go either way.

however, from what i know, i don't think the eyes are used to monitor the bolt since it is impossible for breakbeam eyes decern between what is between them. that would only work for bounce beam.

i'd check the site but it's down right now
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM #7
Brute06

Well, the funny thing is that my points are straight from the users manual, which was written by the manufacturer. So I guess you can believe him, but that would basically be telling the manufacturer that they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

It even says in the manual. Read it on page 12. It says that eye mode 1 will work with any bolt type because it doesn't monitor the bolt. Since mode 2 DOES monitor the bolt, you can actually throw it off by using a bolt type that messes with the gun. That can mean either a wierd color that conflicts with the eyes, or a bolt shape that screws it up. The most common is a different bolt color.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM #8
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i was reading my manual when i wrote that comment. honestly it just seems very stupid to me that a gun would moniter the bolt of the gun with something that can't tell if it's a ball, chop, paint, whatever. i thought that the eye was just used to check the paint and the board waited for the bolt to return to the back position before firing again.

either way, i think i'll stick with eye mode 1 for now. i use the ACPB bolt and it's black so i guess that's why the gun is chopping.... i'll experiment more with it later when i have air.

another thing is that i haven't used eye mode 2 since i fixed the detent issue by milling the slots so that they completely clear them. maybe it was the detents (or lack of them) that cuased me to chop with eye mode 2....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 PM #9
Brute06

If you're chopping because of the detents, then you'll chop in both settings. It's because of that black bolt. I don't really know HOW the eyes monitor the bolt, but apparently they do. Sys X had some really cool stuff before they went bottoms up. I wonder what they would've come up with if they would've stayed in business.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:34 AM #10
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i fixed the detents a while ago, lol

yea, i've wodnered that too... i wonder what they're be making now.... it's probably be the same comparison as say , a shocker to a quest (timmy to NME).
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM #11
Brute06

I don't know how good the quest is, so I can't vouch for that. I know that the NME was actually better than the timmies of it's time, so I wonder if they'd be competing with the Marq or something. Sys X was a pretty good company. It's too bad that people have to be so greedy.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 PM #12
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i'd take the quest over a shocker. it's a more simplified version and it runs smoother.

maybe they would have come out with a direct action solnoid that, instead of opeing an air valve, would actuate a "ram" back and forth with the induced magnetic field.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 PM #13
Brute06

That would require a massive magnet. It might freak out other electronics and stuff.

I wonder how much farther paintball guns will go. As far as BPS, we've pretty much reached the limit we want to go for. I don't know if there'll be improvements on operating systems, or maybe the actual driving force behind the gun so we don't have to use an air tank. It's hard to picture the future of paintball. I wonder if we'll ever reach an end.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM #14
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

the neodynium (can't spell it) magnets in most modern day massive speakers can probably work.... or not, but whatever...

we'll probably always need te tank as a compresser would be too loud and clunky...... and you can't just slingshot them

well, maybe you could have it run like a little springer airsoft gun where a spoolvavle type bolt would go forward powered by an electro magnet and compress the air along the way. at the very end of the bolt travel, the air way would open up and fire the ball. actually, maybe the bolt would be more like a marq...
i don't thing we can get any smaller or else the human interface would get uncomfortable. and we can't just sling them so we need air....
probably the next thing to evolve would be loader technology. maybe fix the shell durablity issues (maybe even forgo the shell completely) and just interface issues.....
there is more techonolgy put into paintball than into most modern day guns (exept the really recent ones like the Criss) so we should put it to good use.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM #15
Brute06

The thing about the air source is, we haven't moved on to the new age yet. We don't know what might come out that could allow us to compress the air as we fire. It would be awesome to never have to worry about air again, though I'd guess a new fuel source would bring its own problems, just like any technological advancement today.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM #16
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i still like the promise of electromagnetics... it would require a fat *** power source to have it run consistently for a while though....
Old 05-12-2007, 10:12 PM #17
magman687
cocker tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
Well then, that shows about how much you know about your gun. First of all, the gun goes to 13 bps after three eye malfunctions. Second, since the eyes are monitoring the bolt, yes, you can throw them off by using another color. It sees the bolt the same as the paint and it gets screwed up. It'll read it, but it won't be able to tell what's going on. THat's why when you put your finger in the breech on mode 2, the eyes automatically malfunction and go to safe mode. Not trying to sound like an *** or anything. :halfdodgy:
hey sorry about that post man i was in a hurry that night and didnt have time to explain by all means i wasnt saying you where wrong please know this.

i beleave you over what i said (i never got the manual)
i was just going off what i was told by other owners but i beleave that if the manual says it it's more then likely true

i like you alot brute you help alot of ppl here so dont be mad at me.

thanks for your time all
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com

Last edited by magman687 : 05-12-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:51 AM #18
Brute06

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman687 View Post
hey sorry about that post man i was in a hurry that night and didnt have time to explain by all means i wasnt saying you where wrong please know this.

i beleave you over what i said (i never got the manual)
i was just going off what i was told by other owners but i beleave that if the manual says it it's more then likely true

i like you alot brute you help alot of ppl here so dont be mad at me.

thanks for your time all
To be honest, I should also be apologizing to you. I was slightly ticked off that night because I also help out the spyder kids and a lot of the little noobs were telling me I was wrong, even though they don't know anything about their guns and were asking for help. I shouldn't have been cocky and got offended, I usually have a lot more patience than that. I'm glad you were trying to help out. It's great to see people actually learning about their guns and stuff. When I got my first guns I came to PBNation to learn about them and what made them work. No blood, no foul, we're cool bro.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:20 PM #19
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

lol, i don't think i've EVER seen an apology on pbn before....
i guess this is what makes the SX forums special
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 AM #20
Brute06

Yup, that's why I keep coming here. I don't like the other forums very much. This forum is my sanctuary when it comes to pbnation. The Sys X owners are cool for the most part. We've had a few idiots, but they usually just come in, post something stupid, and then leave us to our merry way. LOL
Old 05-14-2007, 03:03 PM #21
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
its the onyl section of PBN where every helps everyone.... not tell them what to do.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks