EGO 07 vs. ETEK (on the field) - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-24-2007, 02:49 PM #1
Hygar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
EGO 07 vs. ETEK (on the field)

EGO 07 vs. ETEK (on the field)

This is a story not a comparison thread. Please do not lock.

Last weekend I got to play with my Ego 07 for the second time. There were supposed to be six people playing that day but no one showed up. So I asked the field owner if he was up for a little one-on-one. He agreed and pulled out his ETEK.

The best of my knowledge we should have been a fairly close matchup skill wise. I will list the full player description below.

I won the first three games, finally losing the fourth game, and proceeded to win four out of five games.

Player stats:
me: ex-professional player from 1988 through 1992. Team Renegades only won one tournament and placed second in two tournaments. I have only played three times in the last 15 years and have only played speedball once before in my life. I had never played sup-air before and this was the first time I've ever seen inflatable bunkers up close. 40 years old.

Him: Division I millennium series team player. Top three-ranked team with multiple sponsorships. Owner of the sup-air field we played on. 30 years old.

I've always said “it's not the gun that makes the man” for the matchup like this where I used over 400 rounds in one game I believe the edge the 07 gave me was what made the difference. Except for the game that I nailed him right off the brake I had to reload at least once each game.

I know that one-on-one is no measure whatsoever of how good a team player you are.

It is important to know that my opponent was an excellent player never giving me more than 3 square inches of target and never for more than a couple of seconds. All of my hits were on his mask or marker except for the time he was standing in the large X and I nailed his foot. Needless to say the time he got me was that my beautiful 07. Custom milling is difficult to clean at times.
Hygar is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM #2
mibunkerking
Chris-PSP Ultimate ref
 
mibunkerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
mibunkerking owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ummm...ok.whats your point?
__________________
pardon the typos, my secretary is on vacation.

PSP Ultimate Refferee
mibunkerking is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 02:58 PM #3
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygar View Post
I believe the edge the 07 gave me was what made the difference.
Ummmm . . . no. The difference isn't that great. Either you are Bobby Dukes reborn or the guy was taking it easy on you.

I know you feel good about yourself because you beat some Division 1 player, but this thread really serves no purpose other than it's a place for you to brag about your accomplishment.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 PM #4
Hygar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
Ummmm . . . no. The difference isn't that great. Either you are Bobby Dukes reborn or the guy was taking it easy on you.

I know you feel good about yourself because you beat some Division 1 player, but this thread really serves no purpose other than it's a place for you to brag about your accomplishment.
Who is Bobby Dukes?

Yes, your right he must have been taking it easy on me because the first game he got me and I called myself out after which he found out he was marked on the hopper and 2x on the mask. I counted that as a win for me because I got him 3 times before he got me. I assume he stopped underestimating me the next two games but he still lost. After the 3rd game he was shaking his head in disbelief. 4th game he finally got me fair and square only to lose the 5th game again.
Hygar is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 PM #5
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygar View Post
Who is Bobby Dukes?

Yes, your right he must have been taking it easy on me because the first game he got me and I called myself out after which he found out he was marked on the hopper and 2x on the mask. I counted that as a win for me because I got him 3 times before he got me. I assume he stopped underestimating me the next two games but he still lost. After the 3rd game he was shaking his head in disbelief. 4th game he finally got me fair and square only to lose the 5th game again.
Bobby Dukes is from a movie about paintballing.

Well, wow. I was wrong. You are totally awesome. Who are you going to sign with - Dynasty, Joy, Avalanche, XSV - I mean they must all be beating down your door after hearing that story. Wish I could be that good.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 PM #6
GottaLoveEgo's
BOSS
 
GottaLoveEgo's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 734
GottaLoveEgo's helped look for balloons
Stop flaming.
As much as your story was entertaining this isnt the place for it.
put it in the recball forum or something of that matter
__________________
I want to buy...
Full setup to get back in the game!
GottaLoveEgo's is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM #7
Hygar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLoveEgo's View Post
Stop flaming.
As much as your story was entertaining this isnt the place for it.
put it in the recball forum or something of that matter
Agree...

Vicious49 why are you being so mean??? really, am I a bad person for posting this? You are a very respected member of this forum yet you jump down my thought for my post because you do not like it.

Vicious49 you also missed several facts stated in my first post... First off if I have won money three times in tournaments WHY would i be so proud of beating a division 1 player. To be honest I have been out of paintball so long I have no clue what the prizes are for the divisions.

Naturally after 15 years off I know my skill level is not what it used to be. To be blunt I was worried I would get my *** handed to me.
Hygar is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:02 PM #8
shadowjin
713
 
shadowjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygar View Post
Agree...

Vicious49 why are you being so mean??? really, am I a bad person for posting this? You are a very respected member of this forum yet you jump down my thought for my post because you do not like it.

Vicious49 you also missed several facts stated in my first post... First off if I have won money three times in tournaments WHY would i be so proud of beating a division 1 player. To be honest I have been out of paintball so long I have no clue what the prizes are for the divisions.

Naturally after 15 years off I know my skill level is not what it used to be. To be blunt I was worried I would get my *** handed to me.
Well if you've been out of the scene for a bit I guess I should let you know that the paintball community is now full of 14 year old jackasses, hence, the replies you see in this thread.
__________________
TKPB
shadowjin is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 PM #9
crazzzy610
RooЯ
 
crazzzy610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
what is the difference between a jaguar and a crippled baby is esentially your question


^^thts what i would have said if it were a queston


/thread reason: pointless
__________________
GWC #39


PM me about buying JT racing Straps have 1 of each colors FS
crazzzy610 is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 PM #10
Hygar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjin View Post
Well if you've been out of the scene for a bit I guess I should let you know that the paintball community is now full of 14 year old jackasses, hence, the replies you see in this thread.
thank you, BUT I still think Vicious49 posts very well (except this time) and hope I just caught him on a bad day.
Hygar is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:06 PM #11
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I wasn't being mean in my initial post. I was trying to tell you that it didn't really serve a purpose IMO.

Your second post seemed like a bit of a stretch. If he's actually a D1 player, there's no way you should have been able to nail him 3 times without him a. knowing it and b. without him letting you. Either way, good for you that you beat him and I apologize for being mean (although I think I was going for sarcastic maybe).

The guns aren't that different in terms of performance. The Ego7 is better in that it's thinner, lighter, probably more consistent, and things like that but not in a day and night type difference where they cna level the playing field between pros and regular ballers.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:09 PM #12
shadowjin
713
 
shadowjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Didn't you know that holding an 07 Ego relieves self-esteem issues and increases sex appeal? True story.
__________________
TKPB
shadowjin is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 PM #13
Hygar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
I wasn't being mean in my initial post. I was trying to tell you that it didn't really serve a purpose IMO.

Your second post seemed like a bit of a stretch. If he's actually a D1 player, there's no way you should have been able to nail him 3 times without him a. knowing it and b. without him letting you. Either way, good for you that you beat him and I apologize for being mean (although I think I was going for sarcastic maybe).

The guns aren't that different in terms of performance. The Ego7 is better in that it's thinner, lighter, probably more consistent, and things like that but not in a day and night type difference where they cna level the playing field between pros and regular ballers.
Thanks.
Hygar is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM #14
Hygar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjin View Post
Didn't you know that holding an 07 Ego relieves self-esteem issues and increases sex appeal? True story.
well, paintball is my mid-life crisis.
Hygar is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:17 PM #15
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete
 
wc!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Virginia
wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjin View Post
Well if you've been out of the scene for a bit I guess I should let you know that the paintball community is now full of 14 year old jackasses, hence, the replies you see in this thread.
wc! is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 PM #16
DSBShocka101
i screw wood chippers
 
DSBShocka101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: *3*3*7*
ok....the 07 didnt give you th edge....and if hes a D1 player and you beat him after being out of the sport for 15 years...well thats sad....this isnt me trying to be mean...i just dont see your point in this post
__________________
South East X-TREME
Rockin da DM7

OLD F-E-E-D-B-A-C-K
DSBShocka101 is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 06:09 PM #17
garticus
A n P
 
garticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ...in my skin
garticus plays in the PSP
garticus owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
garticus owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
garticus plays in the APPA D5 division
Both your Ego7 and his E-Tek can belt out 15bps @ 280-300fps.....both using a .693 barrel and you both were probably shooting the same paint.....equipment wise similar match-up.

Just because he's a D1 player does not mean he is the shiznit.....I know you know it's a team sport so he may just be good enough to make the team but not good enough to play on every point.....and if he owns a field he may be one of the teams sponsers...which may be why he even got on the team.

But welcome back to P-Ball.....nice choice in equipment for you resurgance into p-ball.
__________________
.
.
...there is such a thing as a dumb-*** question...
....I tech G22 level aircraft apparatus....
.....ARINC 429 reader.....
garticus is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 06:11 PM #18
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..
 
Luigi Speed 05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjin View Post
Didn't you know that holding an 07 Ego relieves self-esteem issues and increases sex appeal? True story.
LMFAO!!!!!
__________________

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline  
Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 PM #19
butterbeam123
Chillin in Da Back!
 
butterbeam123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nor*Cal
Well arn't you a boss?
__________________
I Am the Great butterbean! Chillin in Da Back!

05 Blue/white fade w/ red parts Patriotic Ego! Red-Blue CP barrel, Star Frame, Star Trigger, D.A.R.T Bolt.

Team Old School Hustle for Life!
butterbeam123 is offline  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM #20
snickers960
Kansas State Paintball
 
snickers960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kansas
 has been a member for 10 years
Personally I thought it was nice to see a post in here that isn't about a gun or gun breaking. Isn't this what pbn is for, not JUST talking about the gun, but so the owners can share stuff like this. Maybe everyone here ought to check out the AKA forums more often, I used to be in there a lot when I owned my Excal, and there's a lot of stories and fun stuff that go on in there.

Side note, welcome back to the sport.
__________________
when its raining...drive fast...get pulled over...for the pure enjoyment of watching the cop get wet...


My Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=271858
Ebay Feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS
snickers960 is offline  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM #21
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers960 View Post
Personally I thought it was nice to see a post in here that isn't about a gun or gun breaking. Isn't this what pbn is for, not JUST talking about the gun, but so the owners can share stuff like this. Maybe everyone here ought to check out the AKA forums more often, I used to be in there a lot when I owned my Excal, and there's a lot of stories and fun stuff that go on in there.

Side note, welcome back to the sport.
I know what you mean, the Pump forum and Macdev forum are like that too. But you're comparing the AKA forum to the Ego forum. Forums like AKA, Macdev, etc are smaller tighter knit groups. You can't do that in forums like Ego, Dye, SP where you have new people constantly coming in. We already see the same threads over and over and over and over because noone wants to search or look through the stickies.

But that's what we have Ego OT for - to share stuff like this that doesn't relate to the gun specifically.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump