Well, so I've finally used my impulse. I'm going to go over what I think is absolutely wonderful about this marker, and then a few (small) concerns. Let me know if I missed anything that you guys want me to talk about.
1. Price point: $600 new right now. WTF. JT I know when you guys first brought the marker out there was problems selling it which merited the price drop, but this is NOT a $600 gun new. This is a full $1000 marker. No doubt in my mind. Now many of you may know... I had a regulator issue when I first received my gun... fortunately I was able to fix the leaking that day, however I did have a damaged part... still usable but not new. This brings me on to the lifetime warranty. Honestly guys, if you want an impulse just buy it new... I used to only buy used guns but the pricing is so wonderful, and getting something that no one has ever used before and everything is perfect was a great feeling. The lifetime warranty is only for the first owner, but I am sure KEE will help you with most things anyway. Let me say that KEE phone service is CRAP. However, there e-mail service was top notch. I have a new regulator in the mail right now, and after I receive that I shall be very pleased, as my gun will be complete. Question: This gun has been out over a year and just had a price drop, is there going to be a new impulse? That would suck for me haha first time in my life I had a marker that is latest and greatest... I honestly don't want JT to change this gun for a few years its great.
2. Trigger: Ok this trigger is definitely the best trigger (for my personal tastes) that I have ever used. It is SOOOOO good. I've never shot so fast on semi in my entire life. Super solid, and I honestly don't think anybody wouldn't like it. (it is extremely hard to adjust however). I loved my ego 07's trigger, but this is just better. Plain and simple.
3. Ergos: Best gun I've ever held. Hard to explain. Just go pick one up it feels like it morphs to your hand. I will say that I had a very difficult time switching from one hand to the other playing speedball because of the way the regulator is far away from the trigger, but a small price to pay. Such a good gun to hold.
4. Looks: Like the trigger, this is subject to personal taste. I loved the way my ego looks, and in a lot of ways this has very similar features. I think it looks great and have no problems with the aesthetic.
Packaging: I like the case and the packaging. It's adequate enough for me. Sure it's not as good as PE packaging, but I really didn't mind too much. Nice little case for it. Sure, it doesn't have a color manual. Would it be nice? Ya! Do I really care? Naa. I have the manual saved to my phone... If I ever really need it I can just pull out my phone. Nothing major really. Nice quality allen key set, with only the keys used for the gun. That is a GOOD thing. No fumbling around with useless keys. They're also like chromed out and feel nice haha. OK. So it didn't come with grease. If you seriously don't have any dow-33, or dow-33 variant in your house just buy some. I have PE gun grease from when I had my ego. I immediately took off the crap that came on the rammer and replaced it. Worked fine with that, and I will just continue using PE grease since it works great.
Barrel: .689 bore. Good. Is there better barrels? Sure. Would Freak inserts be nice? Sure. Is the stock barrel good for any paint you put through it? Definitely. I will not be changing the barrel.
5. Quality: I thought it felt extremely solid. The paint on my ego 07 was probably a grade higher as I was looking into that guns paint, while I'm looking more at this guns paint. If that makes any sense. Still no issues, looks great. Gun feels great and is very solid, no issues IMO.
6. ROF: Fast enough I promise you.
7. Electronic Board: Ok very simple and easy to use. Annoying how you have to turn it on and off and on again to change the mode, but that's a small price to pay. The one button and trigger in conjunction system is awesome, and is soo easy to program. Much better than my ego 07 which got confusing at times. Also used it an entire day and the battery bar indicated full still... If it's accurate that's good for people who don't want to change there batteries often.
8. ASA: Looks great, works great. Super easy. The only thing I don't like about the ASA is it doesn't purge the system like a newer ego. All you have to do is dry fire once and you're good though no big deal. (Can't dry fire with an lv1)
9. Efficiency: It's a poppet. Extremely efficient. Not sure how it compared to my old Ego. Probably around the same honestly I have no idea. It's very efficient. I play with all-day air and just fill up every round. Never even got close to using half a tank lol. If you need an efficient gun for some reason this will be great no problem.
10. Shot quality/balanced valve: Here is where the impulse shines from my ego 07 and even compared to an ego 11 that I shot. Keep in mind this is what I think when the gun isn't even broken in yet. I found that the best tuning was when the LPR was turned in just a little past flush... just about a turn and a half... with the HPR tuned to 300 fps. That felt super smooth and great to me. Ball on ball the entire time. Didn't chop a ball all day. Seriously this feels miles better than my ego 07. I promise you, it is nearly spool valve smooth. Just astonishing, better than I expected. Whatever Empire/KEE/JT did to this balanced valve system... BRAVO. You succeeded. I preferred the shot to my friends Dangerous Power G5 which is a spool. Seriously, it just shoots better than an ego 11, no ifs ands or buts. (I have not shot an lv1, so nothing I say is used to compare it to an lv1... comparing to an ego 07 and an ego 11). Now the gun is semi loud. Nothing insane or annoying. A lot of people shoot dye/proto products at Camp Pendleton where I play and those were the only guns on the field quieter than my impulse. However I liked the Impulse sound signature better. You can hear it, but it's actually a nice noise, and sounds nothing like an ego IMO.
Concerns and questions: Is there a new impulse coming out? (see above in the first section)
Gun didn't come with replacement eyes, screws, or detents. Anybody know where I can get them if I need them? Also, the filter screen for where the reg screws in? That's new to me but I like it haha. Is that a wear item? Will it need replacing after time?
Warranty: Best warranty ever. Getting a new regulator. Can't complain. KEE e-mail customer service is great. They turned a bad situation into a good example of the fact that they want to help me out. I appreciate that, and it gives me high hopes for when I still have this gun many years from now (which I DEFINITELY WILL) this gun isn't going anywhere anytime soon. However, does the warranty cover big things such as the solenoid and balanced valve? I'm assuming it does but you never know. Also anybody who has one? Do you recommend servicing the balanced valve? I haven't touched it but if its a good thing to do I totally will.
Let me know if I missed anything, or if anybody has any questions for me (also try and answer mine haha)
If anybody from JT/EMPIRE/KEE is reading this... I just want to say thank you... I am very happy with my gun and that you took good care of me for getting a new regulator. It's my favorite gun that I have ever used no doubt in my mind.
Anybody considering buying one of these: Just please buy it. It really is worth it. It's undervalued I promise. Stop screwing around. If you love ego's and think you should never give it up. I thought the same thing... Honestly ego's are fantastic, my second favorite gun out on the market (again have not shot an lv1). The Impulse is now my favorite.