Why do you think that God exists? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 AM #43
skpaintball
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: so cal <O.C.>
 has been a member for 10 years
How can a human "test" God? That's just absurd.
__________________
feedback
skpaintball is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 AM #44
fepjewfro13 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmadness View Post
If you say you can't fly because you jumped off a building and tried it, then why do people believe there is a God when they pray and nothing happens?
when people say "God didnt answer my prayer", that is not true, God did just because they didnt get it then and there, doesnt mean it wasnt answered. It could be "no" or just "wait", not "He didnt answer me".
fepjewfro13 is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 AM #45
fepjewfro13 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaintball View Post
How can a human "test" God? That's just absurd.
Exactly, thank you!
fepjewfro13 is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 03:52 AM #46
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fepjewfro13 View Post
when people say "God didnt answer my prayer", that is not true, God did just because they didnt get it then and there, doesnt mean it wasnt answered. It could be "no" or just "wait", not "He didnt answer me".
Now, how in the hell do you know THAT?
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 AM #47
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Why does there have to be a 'why'?
cognative
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 PM #48
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by fornicate in the pie View Post
God made us to look like him right? I dont think the "it" that created the universe looks like man.

Im sorry, im talking Christianity. I should have cleared that up. Thats the only religion that I have any (VERY LITTLE) knowledge on.

likewise, we ( Muslims) believe that God does not resebmle man, yes we believe that he has a head, arms, legs, ect. but we dont depict him as an old man w/ a beard. One of his names in "The Uncomparable". We believe God's image is incomprehensible to the human earthly mind.( Meaning no matter how many times we may imagine how he looks like we'll never guess it right until he reveals his face) We also dont believe he has a son. We believe that to say God has a son is basically to say that He has succumbed to human wantings and desires. Im not trying to disrespect anyone's faith or belief's btw

O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God. (Surat Al 'Imran, 64)



with peace
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:42 PM #49
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
likewise, we ( Muslims) believe that God does not resebmle man, yes we believe that he has a head, arms, legs, ect. but we dont depict him as an old man w/ a beard. One of his names in "The Uncomparable". We believe God's image is incomprehensible to the human earthly mind.( Meaning no matter how many times we may imagine how he looks like we'll never guess it right until he reveals his face) We also dont believe he has a son. We believe that to say God has a son is basically to say that He has succumbed to human wantings and desires. Im not trying to disrespect anyone's faith or belief's btw

O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God. (Surat Al 'Imran, 64)



with peace
I see the fact that many Humans actually believe if there be a deity, he actually resembles a Human or retains any Human characteristics, as one of Human's greatest arrogances, and greatest flaws. But that's just me...
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB
Mps2216 is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 03:05 PM #50
trilology
 
 
trilology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaintball View Post
How can a human "test" God? That's just absurd.
ez, you put sum cloth outside during the night, and say if God exists, then the dew will be everywhere but on the cloth, then the next time, you say you want all the due on the cloth, but nowhere else,

bible refferance
__________________
too poor to buy pods, so use pringle pods XD
you like takin off you mask? enjoy this story
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1672042

mouse vs camel spider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpAa1...elated&search=

"Originally posted by Midknight999: Just friggin play. Do your thing and kill some people."
trilology is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 03:30 PM #51
fepjewfro13 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
thats stupid, besides, Gideon wasnt trying to test whether God existed or not, he was making sure that God wanted him to what he was God told him to do.
fepjewfro13 is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 03:32 PM #52
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
I see the fact that many Humans actually believe if there be a deity, he actually resembles a Human or retains any Human characteristics, as one of Human's greatest arrogances, and greatest flaws. But that's just me...
I agree. in Christianity, or rather, my view of it - God is a being that we ascribe anthropomorphical traits to, but I do not believe them to be in any sense "real", only a direction in which we have a common ground for relation in relationship. simply put, I believe that God is "at rest", in relation to any/everything else.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:10 PM #53
wrathballer06
chillen bra
 
wrathballer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CT
I belive that god is an excuse.
and excuse for not really knowing how things were created or other contreversy (sp?)

that is my point of view.
wrathballer06 is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:14 PM #54
Killergluestick4
™
 
Killergluestick4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
because he talks to me
__________________
General ST:
**** Subforums.
ST: G
: D
T
Killergluestick4 is offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 AM #55
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike
 
Tippmann playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilology View Post
ez, you put sum cloth outside during the night, and say if God exists, then the dew will be everywhere but on the cloth, then the next time, you say you want all the due on the cloth, but nowhere else,

bible refferance
Luke 4:12
Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

Bible reference
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Tippmann playa is offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 06:19 PM #56
cubdriver (Banned)
 
 
cubdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
if he didnt exist what would be the point
cubdriver is offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 07:56 PM #57
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdriver View Post
if he didnt exist what would be the point
hmmmmm.... I dont know.... To procreate and continue the species...
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 11:54 PM #58
KyPaintBawler (Banned)
**** Off!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fairdale, Ky ~FHS~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
I believe something good does happen when I pray
You believe something happens, that does not mean something did happen.
KyPaintBawler is offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 11:55 PM #59
KyPaintBawler (Banned)
**** Off!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fairdale, Ky ~FHS~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
Luke 4:12
Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

Bible reference
That is one of the worst things I have ever heard, if you do not test your faith, you don't really have faith at all.
KyPaintBawler is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 06:48 AM #60
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyPaintBawler View Post
That is one of the worst things I have ever heard, if you do not test your faith, you don't really have faith at all.
That is not the content or context of the reference. It's not about testing your faith.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 08:18 AM #61
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaintball View Post
How can a human "test" God? That's just absurd.
They pick and choose which of god's almighty words they follow and obey in the bible, so why not?
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 08:20 AM #62
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
hmmmmm.... I dont know.... To procreate and continue the species...
No ****, eh? Someone like that wants people to serve him, he can come tell me personally
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 AM #63
DynastyShocker44
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
God exists as the trinity, and he exists for many things, to be praised for what he has created, which is all things, for guidance, and for love and friendship
__________________
HOMECOMING KINGS
DynastyShocker44 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump