Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 PM #22
mulletmadness
Damn Whities

mulletmadness is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fepjewfro13 View Post
to Derr: there is a difference, you can test if you can fly, you cant test if God is real.
If you say you can't fly because you jumped off a building and tried it, then why do people believe there is a God when they pray and nothing happens?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2007, 07:38 PM #23
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Why not?
You can test flying because it's defined. God is defined as the creator, so it can be tested but there is no evidence to proof what created the universe. That's why people believe, rather than know.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 PM #24
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmadness View Post
If you say you can't fly because you jumped off a building and tried it, then why do people believe there is a God when they pray and nothing happens?
Some people believe their prayers are answered, other religions don't believe in praying.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 PM #25
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
There is a BIG different in belief and proof. In the 2,000 or so years christianity has been around there has been no proof god exists.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:49 PM #26
Believer
There is no God but God

complexity in human beings and nature, and i dont see how organism could have existed by "chance" or coincidence

but hey thats just me

[ Quran 55:60 ]

MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 PM #27
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
complexity in human beings and nature, and i dont see how organism could have existed by "chance" or coincidence

but hey thats just me
It's not necessarily 'chance' or 'coincidence'. It's a series of minute mutations which progressively evolve over a very extended period of time. It is an event, when considered from beginning to end, of seemingly low probability, but when divided into millions of steps, this seemingly low probability simply becomes a series of extremely high probabilities. My no means is natural selection improbable.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 PM #28
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

fornicate in the pie is a Supporting Member
I believe that there is a higher power that created the universe and created life, but not anything that we can even imagine. I dont believe it is man-like. There has to be something, but not something as we know or believe we know it was.

Honestly, nobody gives a crap about when you joined.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM #29
Believer
There is no God but God

i can see where your coming from,i am religious yes but im not the kinda person who just shuns any sort of scientific explanation, but evolutionary theory is still just a theory until there is concrete and indefinite proof that we call all evolved by a means of "chance" i dont see evolution plausible. so if we wwere created by "chance" I know i;ve pulled this card out a couple times but to say that its possible for existance to commence from chance is like an analogy of someone locking mechanical parts in a box and over time a fully developed machine would appear with various systems and workings.

were learning evolutioanry theory in my science class as we speak, i find it fascinating but to say that evolutionary change comes from a change in the frequency of alleles in a gene pool of a population

anyway i dont think im well informed of evolution to be debating about it, i need to study and evaluate more

with peace,

MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 PM #30
Believer
There is no God but God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornicate in the pie View Post
I believe that there is a higher power that created the universe and created life, but not anything that we can even imagine. I dont believe it is man-like. There has to be something, but not something as we know or believe we know it was.
could you go more in depth with what you meant by "man like"

MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 PM #31
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmadness View Post
I believe something good does happen when I pray

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM #32
WGPmaster123
Negative Cakes.

Your right, Ive always wondered, are we really the creation of god or some lost experiment that will just end in a few million years, i believe in the theory of evolution, everything has a reson that can be explained and if i cant its scientificly impossible, im not saying god doesnt exsist just that, im not convinced enough but, we could be the product of some failed experiment by god or just some mass galctic revolution whatever it is, god can be there for when you need him and also not for when you can prove him non-exsistant.
Tommy Taylor Fan #816

Hardstyle / Trance / Drum & Bass / Hard Dance = EDM Music Fan
Mini-Me Ballers Gang
Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 PM #33
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
i can see where your coming from,i am religious yes but im not the kinda person who just shuns any sort of scientific explanation, but evolutionary theory is still just a theory until there is concrete and indefinite proof that we call all evolved by a means of "chance" i dont see evolution plausible. so if we wwere created by "chance" I know i;ve pulled this card out a couple times but to say that its possible for existance to commence from chance is like an analogy of someone locking mechanical parts in a box and over time a fully developed machine would appear with various systems and workings.

were learning evolutioanry theory in my science class as we speak, i find it fascinating but to say that evolutionary change comes from a change in the frequency of alleles in a gene pool of a population

anyway i dont think im well informed of evolution to be debating about it, i need to study and evaluate more

with peace,
Your analogy is flawed because it dictates a drastic change over a short period of time. Evolution is the exact opposite. May I ask, why are you so skeptical of a theory which at least has substantial evidence, yet are willing to devote your live to dogmatic principles that have essentially no evidence, not empirical anyway.

Quote:
As in not a personal God.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:51 PM #34
Believer
There is no God but God

i didnt explain my analogy enough ur right, i was simply trying to argue against the " right place at the right time" mentality, that there just "happen" to be genetic material in order for an organic molecule to form, i meant to imply that over billions of year i machine would form.

im skeptical of evolution for the dozens of things it hasnt filled up yet and the fact that no missing link hasnt been found along with the fact that there has been no real concrete proof of "intermediary species" or " man ape" in the fossil record. Ive also studied scientist(s) arguing that Darwins theory isnt at all believable and ive found their support fascinating

As i said before im not adequately informed of this topic and im still trying to learn more

with peace,

MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 PM #35
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
i didnt explain my analogy enough ur right, i was simply trying to argue against the " right place at the right time" mentality, that there just "happen" to be genetic material in order for an organic molecule to form, i meant to imply that over billions of year i machine would form.

im skeptical of evolution for the dozens of things it hasnt filled up yet and the fact that no missing link hasnt been found along with the fact that there has been no real concrete proof of "intermediary species" or " man ape" in the fossil record. Ive also studied scientist(s) arguing that Darwins theory isnt at all believable and ive found their support fascinating

As i said before im not adequately informed of this topic and im still trying to learn more

with peace,
You avoided my question.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM #36
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
That is to assume there is a why...
of course there is. but depending on whether we are moving at uniform speed relative to anything else.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 PM #37
wowzers (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer929 View Post
Why do you think that God exists? Let's keep discussion civilized....
from this question
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
so that we can ask why?
to this answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
That is to assume there is a why...
to this question
Quote:
of course there is. but depending on whether we are moving at uniform speed relative to anything else.
to this?

what are you trying to get across?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:31 PM #38
Charles666
cwatididthar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
I believe something good does happen when I pray
Try meditation, same exact thing will happen.

ST:You're not one of us.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:32 PM #39
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

fornicate in the pie is a Supporting Member
Quote:
God made us to look like him right? I dont think the "it" that created the universe looks like man.

Im sorry, im talking Christianity. I should have cleared that up. Thats the only religion that I have any (VERY LITTLE) knowledge on.

Honestly, nobody gives a crap about when you joined.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 PM #40
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:

but hey thats just me
Since when did your opinion become an authority?
Quote:
...just a theory...
Big mistake.
Quote:
Why does there have to be a 'why'? Why is it so obvious to you that there is a purpose to the universe?

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Old 04-20-2007, 01:15 AM #41
fepjewfro13 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Why not?
how can you test if God exists, I cant think of a way. If you can, lets try it.
Also, God is spiritual, and determining whether you can fly, is answered by physical means.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:19 AM #42
splatty
via Hiptop

Religion is based on faith, so you can't empirically prove the existence of God. I however, do not believe in God because of personal reasons.

P.S. I have gone to a Christian school for over 9 years, and have read the entire Bible, as well as have memorized many verses for school.

"Daring greatly, no regrets"