Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-21-2007, 07:07 PM #211
Mps2216
Control Yourself

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Not what I am saying at all. We believed that God created the earth by an explosion, the big bang supports that. God gives us clues of all the other things you listed, and recently we have found out what God was talking about
I am going to be content with that response for now, although I feel that if scientific theories change including some of the ones I listed, websites such as that one will be quick to withdraw their support, leaving me skeptical of the Qur'an's validity in the first place. But until then...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2007, 07:08 PM #212
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Not what I am saying at all. We believed that God created the earth by an explosion, the big bang supports that. God gives us clues of all the other things you listed, and recently we have found out what God was talking about
What you are doing is trying to refit verses and adopt them to today's world. You are trying to change the traditional meaning of said verses to make your religion look like it had the answers all the while, therefore making said religion more appealing.

Unfortunately this is not what the original meaning of these verses has been, nor has this been taught to the masses over the ages. Trying to take modern scientific knowledge and retrofit it to archaic verses is not a good idea.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 AM #213
Grayscale
Unbending Perspicacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
Wow. Yea, sure your statement might be 'self evident' if this premise is true, but the whole point of the matter is to discover if there is some sort of deity that exists or not. How can one assume God is real. I could just as easily assume he isn't real. What makes either assumption more valid? Nothing. Thus my point. If you're going to make a statement such as that, you need to substantiate your assumptions, especially such a grand one as that.
I am beginning to think you don't have the cognitive capacity to match your good grammar... I said I can't prove God exists. I don't even need to say this, it's obvious, just as it is obvious his existence can't be disproven.

The only thing to argue, then, is the potential validity of arguments assuming one or the other. Understand that an argument for either is completely debased by this fundamental topic, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

I apologize for not saying this earlier, I only assumed it was obvious. There would be no point in building arguments solely on God existing or not rather than the premise of one or the other.

Last edited by Grayscale : 05-22-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 AM #214
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
I said I can't prove God exists. I don't even need to say this, it's obvious, just as it is obvious his existence can't be disproven.
That's exactly my point! And if you actually agree with what you just stated, then you can't affirmatively state that "The belief in the nonexistence of God takes more faith than that of faith in his existence". It goes equally both directions, and thus requires an equal amount of faith. (By that logic anyway. I think one could from a different standpoint arguably defend the existence of God takes more faith, but also vice versa as well. So we'll leave our neutrality as it be)

Also. Arguments don't have to assume one or the other. The point is to establish an argument that would substantiate one or the other, as to make your 'assumption' more valid. With a more valid assumption, the argument which is based on that assumption will be more solid.

Last edited by Mps2216 : 05-22-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM #215
SFSudden1234
Christ Follower.

The reason i believe is because my prayers have been answered. I started to think there wasnt a God until i sat down and prayed. Fact isn't all about seeing or proving. Just pray to God sometime, it can change your life.

.DSSP8NTBALL.COM.PlanetEclipse.RedBull.PBGods.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM #216
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSudden1234 View Post
The reason i believe is because my prayers have been answered. I started to think there wasnt a God until i sat down and prayed. Fact isn't all about seeing or proving. Just pray to God sometime, it can change your life.
What prayers? Did you actually pray for something and work towards it also?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM #217
Charles666
cwatididthar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSudden1234 View Post
I'm skeptical on this one... you understand that praying day after day for something to happen and this thing happens, doesn't mean it's god's action right?

ST:You're not one of us.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 PM #218
drake89
fire

strangley enough, AP biology made me realize that there is a god. his name is not jesus though. the human body is so complex, right down to the subatomic level that it convinced me that we are not here by chance. perhaps we are the spawn of some alien race.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 PM #219
Grayscale
Unbending Perspicacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake89 View Post
strangley enough, AP biology made me realize that there is a god. his name is not jesus though. the human body is so complex, right down to the subatomic level that it convinced me that we are not here by chance. perhaps we are the spawn of some alien race.
trillions of monkeys banging on trillions of typewriters yadda yadda
Old 05-23-2007, 10:42 PM #220
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake89 View Post
Xenu and the Scientologists are looking for new members...
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 PM #221
GoldEaglev3 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Xenu and the Scientologists are looking for new members...
Look up how the moon was formed. He could be right.