PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-05-2003, 07:05 PM #1
Ghost Rider70

has been a member for 10 years
Is it me or does NPPL have there S**T together?

I've been reading articles and player reviews of the latest events and it seems like the Super 7 is one of the best if not THE best ran series in the US. Its funny how far that league has come and how the big split seemed to give it more momentum and something to prove in a way on how an event CAN be run. I've heard mixed reviews about the PSP X-ball events so far but it seems like everyone LOVE HB and Vegas looks like its going to be even better? Wow, I'm glad that NPPL is still going strong and I hope THEY get a big fat T.V. Deal. At the same time the little bit of X-ball I have seen I liked watching. It seemed REALLY fast paced and different. For a player that might not be a good thing but as far as spectator's go I think having the option of watching traditional vs X-ball is a good thing also. I hope both leagues succeed and I hope that Paintball continues to grow in all directions. I also hope that PSP realizes that they shouldn't try and exclude there X-ball teams from playing NPPL, that way we get to see the tournys as THEY SHOULD BE with all of the top dogs playing every event. That is the one complaint as a paintball fan that I have, PSP not letting the X-ball teams play in the Super 7.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2003, 07:17 PM #2
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
Let's just wait till next week and see how NPPL Vegas goes down. I'm all for the NPPL but I'm not going to come to a rushed conclusion based on one event.

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 04-05-2003, 08:55 PM #3
PurgatoryPit
Nero Caesar

If they can make Vegas a great tourny they should be able to do anything. Vegas is one of the hardest places to run a tournament it seems due to the dusty/rocky ground. So if NPPL can do it there they DO have thier **** together.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:46 PM #4
draxXus
Swing Swing

Arrow word.

Yea can't wait, if its close to HB im gonna be so happy, PSP wasnt that great unless you were xball related so psp should change. It seems like doing Xball, Divisional Xball, 5man, and 10 man is just too much for PSP to handle. So they should just be Xball, Divisional XBall, and 10 Man and let everyone play NPPL if they want like you posted before So then the Pro division can be the Pro division once again.

And with the Pro Division being Pro again then Am will back to Am again and that will make Nov have to be Nov and Rookie can be Rookie...but im just wishing and kinda like having all these diff tourneys all the time to play for fun. (NPPL,PSP,PanAm,Local) the more paintball there is the more chances of it turning into to something.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:32 PM #5
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
Haha, Draxxus, Sparkle Motion 4 eva!!

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 04-06-2003, 09:26 PM #6
JTp8ntballer12
im the gingerbread man

whatever NPPL does PSP is gunna try to imitate at vegas...just watch, it wont be as good though, my favorite divison is the NPPL cus they have the JT teams and WDP teams.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:18 AM #7
Ghost Rider70

Thats too bad that ALL the TOP teams can't be playing both X-ball and NPPL. I think the standings would be alot different if ALL teams played BOTH leagues. The fact that PSP isn't letting the top teams play NPPL is retarded. I don't understand the reasoning but I'm guessing MONEY. It seems like the NPPL is all about the PLAYERS and the FANS and not so much about MAKING AS MUCH MONEY as possible. It's just nice to see an organization who is trying to take care of the fans and players rather then themselves. I think Vegas should be pretty sweet and Dust/dirt won't be a problem since they are having it in an Arena. We'll see but from the looks of things NPPL is only going to keep blowing up and getting better/bigger. I will laugh my @$$ off if they get a BIG T.V. deal first.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:02 PM #8
2advanced

2advanced is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by PurgatoryPit
If they can make Vegas a great tourny they should be able to do anything. Vegas is one of the hardest places to run a tournament it seems due to the dusty/rocky ground. So if NPPL can do it there they DO have thier **** together.
The NPPL has already declared the venue as Sam Boyd Stadium. This is cultured and manicured grass. No dirt/sand or anything. I'm sure PPS/WDP saw that HB was a big step in the right direction, I wouldn't be surprised if they put more time and effort (money) into this event to silence critics for good.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:49 PM #9
unknownguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 2advanced
The NPPL has already declared the venue as Sam Boyd Stadium. This is cultured and manicured grass. No dirt/sand or anything. I'm sure PPS/WDP saw that HB was a big step in the right direction, I wouldn't be surprised if they put more time and effort (money) into this event to silence critics for good.
it won't be in the stadium, but in the complex around it, it is not green grass, if u go to warpig and see the field pics, they have attempted to put stuff down to make the ground better, but it is in the dirt, not green grass
Old 04-11-2003, 07:10 AM #10
Knobbs

Knobbs is a founding member
Knobbs has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Read on FON--the grass is not exactly the greenest grass, but it IS grass, and it's cut down like a putting green. So they say.

So they are delivering grass, apparently.