Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-17-2003, 01:08 AM #22
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hey Cyclone........ & others

The H'ville field closed for a lot of little different reasons...... The land actually belonged to a relative of Chads who was a buddy of Brian who got out of P'ball for like 2 weeks & then started playing with Lost Gen, PUSH..... etc. I and several others were pretty close friends with Brian & Chad & I couldn't tell you the exact reason it stopped......... Chris (djchuckc) might know.
ANYWAY, yup...... Saturday me and a few others will be shooting up egg hunters out at DZ if it doesn't rain. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather guyz!!!
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2003, 08:50 AM #23
djchuckc
Shock Me

djchuckc is a founding member
djchuckc plays in the PSP
djchuckc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
djchuckc plays in the APPA D5 division
Harrisonville Renegade RIP

Ah..yes...the Harrisonville Field...may it rest in peace. To put it in a nutshell..Brian burned out. That is why the field closed. Everyone wanted to play, but no one wanted to help keep it up. As everyone's game advanced it became necessary to make the field more "accurate" for tourney practice.

Anyway there was a core of us who used to help work on the field. I left to start playing with the Warped Sportz KC. I do know that Brian cleared the field to rebuild it and then on the day that everyone was supposed to go help re-set the field, no one showed. Brian's two main paintball supporters Chad and Tony were at a crossroads with the game. Paintball by this time had become way more than just a weekend recreational pursuit. Tournaments had become the norm with them looking at major regional events and the NPPL. Chad went through a nasty divorce and Tony had a second child. Financially they weren't ready or willing to stay with the game.

As the seriousness of the sport took over, the recreational players whittled away to nothing and the only ones left were the tourney players. Brian was left to keep up the field, get the paint, keep the bulk tanks filled, etc. etc. One day he just said the hell with it. However, his retirement from paintball was all of two weeks long before he went back to Lost Generation. Now, for the most part, they play at Big Sky Paintball up in Cameron. When P.U.S.H. doesn't have practice elsewhere, we go up to Big Sky as well.