Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Was tyrannosaurus rex was a strict vegetarian, and lived with Adam and Eve?
Yes 13 15.85%
No 69 84.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-10-2007, 08:12 PM #85
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
I don't understand what you just wrote.

edit: no wait, now I got it. No need to be so verbose. Just get your point accross, succinctly.
I write what I believe is necessary. I have tried to be short in my posts in the past. However, because I am nearly always "attacked" (read as rebutted against and "argued with") as the one of a few outspoken religious people here, I feel the need to be as verbose as necessary so that my thought can come across with more clarity. Those that make short statements (bumper-sticker statements), typically are makeing statements of fact that aren't, and that's something I try to avoid.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM #86
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I write what I believe is necessary. I have tried to be short in my posts in the past. However, because I am nearly always "attacked" (read as rebutted against and "argued with") as the one of a few outspoken religious people here, I feel the need to be as verbose as necessary so that my thought can come across with more clarity. Those that make short statements (bumper-sticker statements), typically are makeing statements of fact that aren't, and that's something I try to avoid.
That's not what I meant. You use big words that you know will confuse and/or discourage interest in your readers. I only see you do it when you are confronted with a subject you either a)know little about or b)hold an opinion which is generally conceived as being wrong. Here, let me elaborate.

My question was this:
Quote:
Have you read this?
Your answer was this:
Quote:
not yet, but I will.
You then decided to start talking about this:
Quote:
C.Darwin was a proponent (originator?) of the gradual change model of the theory of why evolution (the social Darwinist of the "survival of the fittest" was nothing like what he had proposed). I would probably be considered one that leans toward punctiliar equilibrium. of course with the exception that My religious views is about "kinds" and not species.
Which had nothing to do with the direct question I asked. If this is your version of 'coming across with more clarity' I'm at a loss because you only further confuse me.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 PM #87
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
given the information available, you (NEp8ntballer) could come up with theories and assumptions and beliefs of what they ate but it would be based on the information given. I have no problem with that at all, but still, those assumptions would/should be laid out. when presenting your answer.

presenting it as a fact, or as a matter of fact would be an incorrect answer. stating it as something that is known based on the given variables would be acceptable. a minor difference to some, but a major difference to many.
no, I could hypothesize about what it ate. in science a hypothesis and a theory are completely different. not only would I have the information given to look at, but also past research, what other people think and why they think so, and observations from creatures living today with similar feeding structures.

To make the statement that a t-rex which has a mouth full or pointy teeth being herbivorous or omviverous is not congruent with anything that could be considered science. NO herbivorous or omniverous animal has a mouth full of pointy teeth. so stating that an extinct animal with the same feeding structures of a currenly living species having differing diets is preposterous. In nature, form follows function and things that aren't broke do not get fixed.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 PM #88
JBurgs
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post

clearly those big *** teath were made to tear apart tulips and roses, not the flesh and bones of animals
__________________
"Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus" ~Charles Darwin :P
JBurgs is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM #89
JBurgs
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
and these trex claws were probably just used to pick up the little delicate flowers so he could share them with his family at the daily picnic in the park

trex's arent *****s theyre bad *** (sorry the pics rediculously big but i dont wanna take the time to shrink it)

__________________
"Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus" ~Charles Darwin :P
JBurgs is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 09:47 PM #90
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Shrink that goddamn picture.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 AM #91
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
... (sorry the pics rediculously big but i dont wanna take the time to shrink it)
[IMG]...[/IMG]
and thus the end of my posting in this thread.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 AM #92
cortonaAI
 
 
cortonaAI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
okay.....so Everyone is interested in the supernatural.....or whatever you want to call it.....This is because God is supernatural.......get used to it.......
cortonaAI is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:51 PM #93
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortonaAI View Post
okay.....so Everyone is interested in the supernatural.....or whatever you want to call it.....This is because God is supernatural.......get used to it.......
I think you're in the wrong thread.........
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump