T-rex? - Page 4 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Was tyrannosaurus rex was a strict vegetarian, and lived with Adam and Eve?
Yes 13 15.85%
No 69 84.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 PM #64
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
you said "99 percent" of all of us (in ST:R?) feel (concerning a LOL about the T-rex being a vegetarian). some may assume they know what I believe, but I have never really said, except to say that we can't know for sure based on the kind of teeth represented. It may have been vegetarian, or perhaps omnivorous, there is just not enough evidence, in my opinion, to say absolutely, with no doubt that they were carnivorous, specifically.
I have some bad news for you then. We were tasked in my biology lab in determining the diet of certain animal skulls based on their feeding structures(teeth and jaws). While we might be predisposed to knowing that a deer, antelope, or beaver is not a carnivore because we have observed them eating we can use what we know about present day animals in reference to animals in the past. a wooly mammoth was not a carnivore. their stomach contents may have told us that, but their diet was consistent with their feeding structures.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 02:04 PM #65
GoldEaglev2 (Banned)
Ex-2k5'r
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FLorida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
We were tasked in my biology lab in determining the diet of certain animal skulls based on their feeding structures(teeth and jaws).
Creationists don't believe in Biology class.
GoldEaglev2 is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM #66
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEaglev2 View Post
Creationists don't believe in Biology class.
pretty broad brush your painting with there.

given the information available, you (NEp8ntballer) could come up with theories and assumptions and beliefs of what they ate but it would be based on the information given. I have no problem with that at all, but still, those assumptions would/should be laid out. when presenting your answer.

presenting it as a fact, or as a matter of fact would be an incorrect answer. stating it as something that is known based on the given variables would be acceptable. a minor difference to some, but a major difference to many.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 03:08 PM #67
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEaglev2 View Post
Creationists don't believe in Biology class.
/me hits head.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 03:22 PM #68
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
pretty broad brush your painting with there.

given the information available, you (NEp8ntballer) could come up with theories and assumptions and beliefs of what they ate but it would be based on the information given. I have no problem with that at all, but still, those assumptions would/should be laid out. when presenting your answer.

presenting it as a fact, or as a matter of fact would be an incorrect answer. stating it as something that is known based on the given variables would be acceptable. a minor difference to some, but a major difference to many.

As opposed to basing one's beliefs of t rex off of an unproven religious text? The teeth of animals has been studied over and over. The proof is empirical.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 03:36 PM #69
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
As opposed to basing one's beliefs of t rex off of an unproven religious text? The teeth of animals has been studied over and over. The proof is empirical.
i never said I had a specific belief about the t-rex based on a religious text. you make that assumption. based on the teeth and skulls of some modern animals, I would say personall, that there is at least some question as to saying the the t-rex was absolutely a carnivore. so an "empirical Proof", there is not; since there is some question, even in the scientific community, expert in those fields.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 04:11 PM #70
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
i never said I had a specific belief about the t-rex based on a religious text. you make that assumption. based on the teeth and skulls of some modern animals, I would say personall, that there is at least some question as to saying the the t-rex was absolutely a carnivore. so an "empirical Proof", there is not; since there is some question, even in the scientific community, expert in those fields.
I can't honestly prove I am alive either.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 04:40 PM #71
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
i never said I had a specific belief about the t-rex based on a religious text. you make that assumption. based on the teeth and skulls of some modern animals, I would say personall, that there is at least some question as to saying the the t-rex was absolutely a carnivore. so an "empirical Proof", there is not; since there is some question, even in the scientific community, expert in those fields.
I base my assumption of your past posts where you stated you believed noah had dinosaurs on the ark, thus from a unproven religious text.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:06 PM #72
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
I base my assumption of your past posts where you stated you believed noah had dinosaurs on the ark, thus from a unproven religious text.
please provide that quote. sometimes people read what they want and not what's there.

BTW - we did talk about this topic a bit in one of those threads:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...946648&page=11
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.

Last edited by RamboPreacher : 04-10-2007 at 05:28 PM.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 PM #73
oknoob. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak907 View Post
were the tyrannosaur on the ark too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I dunno, maybe maybe not. if they were around at the time of the flood, then probably.
assuming we arent talking about the thousands of other types of dinosaur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak907 View Post
why wouldnt they be around at the time of the flood? i thought dinosaurs roamed the earth when humans inhabited it?
you also chose to ignore this post. thought id like to add that.

Last edited by oknoob. : 04-10-2007 at 05:31 PM.
oknoob. is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:33 PM #74
welfare_train (Banned)
Eulogy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota, it sucks
The only time dinosaurs and humans coexisted was in Jurassic Park. T-rex was a carnivore and if you think different in all due respect you are a silly willy.

/thread



edited due to the fact that atheists have no say hardly on these forums and if we say one little naughty word its ban ban time.

Last edited by welfare_train : 04-10-2007 at 05:38 PM.
welfare_train is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM #75
oknoob. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
prepare to make a new account train.
oknoob. is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM #76
welfare_train (Banned)
Eulogy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota, it sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by oknoob. View Post
prepare to make a new account train.
Probably. It sucks when you tell the truth but you become banned. Maybe I should change a word or two to make it more religion-friendly.
welfare_train is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 PM #77
oknoob. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
incompetence, ignorance and dolt all work.
oknoob. is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM #78
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oknoob. View Post
incompetence, ignorance and dolt all work.
are you in reference to me? or some other incompetent, ignorant dolt.

At least I do not make statements of fact and assume everyone must believe the same way I do. I said I didn't know if the T-rex was on the ark. and the comment about dinos roaming the earth with man was commented on earlier in that thread, if I recall. and I don't always catch all the replies and comments to my posts, becuase it seems that many get on a "let's prove Rambo wrong" kick. I tend to gloss over most of them.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 06:36 PM #79
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
There is a lab near where I live that handles genetic research. They were experimenting with some advanced cloning techniques when a protest group headed by several emminent creationists began demonstrating in front of the building. It was on this exact day that the lab was successful in cloning a fully grown Tyrannosaurus rex. It broke out of the lab and began snacking on the creationists. As one was being chewed in half, he could be heard screaming, "IT COULD STILL BE AN OMNIVORE!"
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 06:51 PM #80
oknoob. (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
are you in reference to me? or some other incompetent, ignorant dolt.
i dont know
let me give you a couple more years and a couple more scientific books full of facts and well see.
oknoob. is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 07:10 PM #81
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oknoob. View Post
i dont know
let me give you a couple more years and a couple more scientific books full of facts and well see.
for free!??!!? give me all the science books you want I'll take them and read them, though i prefer electronic versions, if possible.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 PM #82
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Have you read this? I have the full article scanned but it's several hundred megabytes.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 07:34 PM #83
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Have you read this? I have the full article scanned but it's several hundred megabytes.
not yet, but I will. C.Darwin was a proponent (originator?) of the gradual change model of the theory of why evolution (the social Darwinist of the "survival of the fittest" was nothing like what he had proposed). I would probably be considered one that leans toward punctiliar equilibrium. of course with the exception that My religious views is about "kinds" and not species.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 PM #84
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
I don't understand what you just wrote.

edit: no wait, now I got it. No need to be so verbose. Just get your point accross, succinctly.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump