T-rex? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Was tyrannosaurus rex was a strict vegetarian, and lived with Adam and Eve?
Yes 13 15.85%
No 69 84.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM #43
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementEighty525 View Post
[I/www.lurkmore.com/wiki/images/9/9a/Cosmicrex.jpg[/IMG]
That might be bannable.

Here's a better one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_evolution
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM #44
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
what logic? the logic that a uniformity of paradigm applies? just because a lion now a days may not be vegetarian, does not necessarily equate that in a different kosmos (world system), as I believe - they would be at that time.

The assumption that many make is that the same observations we make with animals we now have available to observe, applies to animals previous to what many believe as a catastrophic flood event.

I just don't happen to make that assumption. I happen to believe that animal "nature" was probably somewhat different 5,000-10,000 years ago.
He was making the point that animals don't have to be herbivores to coexist with people, which is pretty ****ing plausible if you ask me.

For the second half, I guess you can't spot even the most obvious sarcasm without a

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Which is a fair position if you're a nihilist and believe in the complete rejection of logic I suppose.

There is no animal on the entire earth with teeth like this that is strictly herbivorous



Not a one.
He didn't say one way or the other in his post, just that the exact diet of w/e animal is speculation when looking at teeth.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:20 PM #45
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
He didn't say one way or the other in his post, just that the exact diet of w/e animal is speculation when looking at teeth.
Yeah we know; that thought process is ludicrous and the conclusions drawn from it are incorrect.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure seminary school doesn't cover anthropology and archeology in its coursework.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 PM #46
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure seminary school doesn't cover anthropology and archeology in its coursework.
And that has what to do with anything? Not everyone in this thread studied anthropology.

He just made a vague statement and you guys put words in his (and my) mouth. This is ridiculous, I just responded because my words got twisted around, and this is being carried this out because people can't admit that they made a little mistake and jumped to conclusions, just drop it.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:26 PM #47
FeaR™
/nojoke
 
FeaR™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaintball View Post
^lol

anyways, are lions strict vegetarians, and coexist with us humans?

Is shamu a strict vegetarian, and lives with us at Sea World?
QFT.
__________________
Yessa Massa! Right Away Massa!
FeaR™ is offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 PM #48
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
And that has what to do with anything? Not everyone in this thread studied anthropology.
Of course not, however, the information people like myself are siding on was researched and purported to be true by people who HAVE studied those fields. You haven't and are backing an 'expert' opinion that is insufficiently researched and severely understudied.
Quote:
He just made a vague statement and you guys put words in his (and my) mouth. This is ridiculous, I just responded because my words got twisted around, and this is being carried this out because people can't admit that they made a little mistake and jumped to conclusions, just drop it.
We are all smart enough to understand the implications of his statements. I bolded the part where you try to verbally minimize the extravagant claims you are trying to make.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:03 AM #49
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Of course not, however, the information people like myself are siding on was researched and purported to be true by people who HAVE studied those fields. You haven't and are backing an 'expert' opinion that is insufficiently researched and severely understudied.

We are all smart enough to understand the implications of his statements. I bolded the part where you try to verbally minimize the extravagant claims you are trying to make.
Care to point out these extravagant claims?
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:08 AM #50
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
No.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:09 AM #51
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
No.
Seeing as there aren't any, that's probably the way to go.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 AM #52
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
No. And stop trying to pull me into a flamewar. What's the problem, chief?
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 AM #53
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
No. And stop trying to pull me into a flamewar. What's the problem, chief?
There's no problem, I was just patting you on the back as they say. I'm not trying to start a flame war, I even said to drop it a few posts back.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 AM #54
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
He didn't say one way or the other in his post, just that the exact diet of w/e animal is speculation when looking at teeth.
Anyone who would say such a thing needs to brush up on their english skills then. Speculation is a guess based on very little evidence, assuming a correlation between two physical traits that is true in every single last animal on the earth will continue to be true is not speculation. Assuming there is the slightest chance that an animal would have a diet it's teeth are completely unsuitable for would be more akin to speculation, although it's more like pure fantasy than speculation because there is not even the slightest shred of evidence to suggest the T-Rex goes completely against the basic tenets of biology.
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 AM #55
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
He was making the point that animals don't have to be herbivores to coexist with people, which is pretty ****ing plausible if you ask me.
and I agree. the problem with the poll is not enough options.
Quote:
For the second half, I guess you can't spot even the most obvious sarcasm without a
nope - text-format posts are all that I see, no body language, no inflection. and even the emoticons fall short when used as they are so often misused.
Quote:
He didn't say one way or the other in his post, just that the exact diet of w/e animal is speculation when looking at teeth.
exactly.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 AM #57
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Nothing like a good laugh before lunch.
maybe, but it does show that your statement of fact from the other thread is false.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 PM #58
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
maybe, but it does show that your statement of fact from the other thread is false.
Which statement? I hope you dont really think they were vegetarians or lived alongside man.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:09 PM #59
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Which statement? I hope you dont really think they were vegetarians or lived alongside man.
you said "99 percent" of all of us (in ST:R?) feel (concerning a LOL about the T-rex being a vegetarian). some may assume they know what I believe, but I have never really said, except to say that we can't know for sure based on the kind of teeth represented. It may have been vegetarian, or perhaps omnivorous, there is just not enough evidence, in my opinion, to say absolutely, with no doubt that they were carnivorous, specifically.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.

Last edited by RamboPreacher : 04-10-2007 at 12:13 PM.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM #60
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
you said "99 percent" of all of us (in ST:R?) feel (concerning a LOL about the T-rex being a vegetarian). some may assume they know what I believe, but I have never really said, except to say that we can't know for sure based on the kind of teeth represented. It may have been vegetarian, or perhaps omnivorous, there is just not enough evidence, in my opinion, to say absolutely, with no doubt that they were carnivorous, specifically.
Your opinion in this holds little weight when thousands of scientists have said they were carnivors, not vegetarians.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:43 PM #61
Rojo75
Indestructible
 
Rojo75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: West Seneca,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
you said "99 percent" of all of us (in ST:R?) feel (concerning a LOL about the T-Rex being a vegetarian). some may assume they know what I believe, but I have never really said, except to say that we can't know for sure based on the kind of teeth represented. It may have been vegetarian, or perhaps omnivorous, there is just not enough evidence, in my opinion, to say absolutely, with no doubt that they were carnivorous, specifically.
What the hell do you want them to clone one and find out. There is no way to ever convince you that something that isn't either "the infallible word of god" or standing directly in front of you( sometimes even that isn't enough) is true.
Rojo75 is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:51 PM #62
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Your opinion in this holds little weight when thousands of scientists have said they were carnivors, not vegetarians.
once again, you miss the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo75 View Post
What the hell do you want them to clone one and find out. There is no way to ever convince you that something that isn't either "the infallible word of god" or standing directly in front of you( sometimes even that isn't enough) is true.
as with other topics. the content isn't necessarily what is at odds here. it was that a statement of fact was presented and in this case seems to be proven false (thusfar anyway!)
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 01:05 PM #63
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
You have never proven anything anyone has ever posted here false. You try to add your own spin to it, but never can you prove anyone false.

My statement concerned the users of this site, not just in one particular thread.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump