PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:51 PM #22
MoRH-BoiiXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyDawgsfan11 View Post
I am not an ION hater, so hear me out. I have played with an ION, I thought it was great. Well, I now own a ICD Promaster. Wanna know why? Because it is a BETTER all around gun than an ION. Its faster, Lighter, more durable, comes with parts youd have to upgrade for an ion, and is better looking. Also, I wanted to be different. I dont wanna be in the about 50% of everyone with an ion. They cost about the same, and all you need for a Promaster is as ASA, maybe a feedneck, and in my opinion a new Regulator. So before you buy an ion, check out a Promaster. You wont be disapointed.

My $.02
NaughtyDawgsfan11

hoq do promasters shoot?

96% of the people on PBNation are currently bringing sexy back; if you are part of the 4% that sexy never left put this in your sig!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2007, 12:59 PM #23
underdog_153

you dont have to upgrade an ion. they are fine out of the box. any gun is fine out of the box

i dont know why everybody thinks they need to upgrade thier gun. i know people do it because its fun and what not but you do not need to. my dragon timmy is bone stock besides a new trigger and i believe it out performes my dark timmy which is fully upd
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM #24
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Before this gets closed as a vs. thread, I'll add my 2 cents.

There is nothing wrong with the Ion, they shoot just as accurately as ANY other gun on the market. They also shoot faster than what is legal in any tournament in the world - without any upgrades. (A stock Ion will shoot 17bps, as long as you have a hopper that will feed that fast and your fingers are that fast.) I have not heard of any tournament series, Pro or ameteur, that allows more than 15bps, unless the gun is on semi. (And hardly anyone can go over 15bps without cheating by using bounce.)

Now, on to cockers. Autocockers are my favorite guns, and have turned out to be the most reliable and durable guns I've ever owned, and I've been playing a long, long time. Certainly, autocockers are more durable and of a higher quality build than an Ion. Mechanical cockers are not as fast as the new breed of electros, but I can shoot a pretty constant 10bps out of mine. 10bps is a lot faster than most people think - and a lot of people think I'm shooting faster than that with my mech. With my electro-cocker, I can keep up with any gun on the field, and it NEVER lets me down. I can't shoot 30bps like some guns, but as I stated earlier, 15bps is the limit at nearly all fields and all tournaments, and my gun has no problem shooting that fast all day long. With the ugrades I have, (the slik bolt and back block kit), the reciprocating mass of my e-cocker is about the same as a brand new Ego - so it's just as accurate at high speeds as any of the "modern" speedball guns. Anyway, it's all preference, and I personally wouldn't trade either of my cockers for 3 of any other gun out there. They may be old, but they get the job done, and nothing else shoots the same, sounds the same, or looks the same.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM #25
dakota_lyons (Banned)
hallo

1 guy in a shop told me to get an ion
another guy in same shop told me to get a DM6
i got a shocker

edit: my dad's autococker is so fast, here are specs:
WGP prostock 250
real E2 400
cp reg 70
cp rail 30
cp on off 40
cp barel 40
redz feednack 30

=880
well worth it, 20bps+ simple

Last edited by dakota_lyons : 04-09-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM #26
musashi1
Fat and Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota_lyons View Post
1 guy in a shop told me to get an ion
another guy in same shop told me to get a DM6
i got a shocker
Exactly, get what you like, not what everyone else likes.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:52 PM #27
dakota_lyons (Banned)
hallo

so tru^
shocker &
cocker are both really fast, but now that i got my shocker fixed(user error) my shocker is just a tad faster
Old 04-09-2007, 04:41 PM #28
Paintballpro777

try them both...
Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM #29
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The thread starter is a troll. Ignore him.
Closed Thread