Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 AM #1
GET_SMOKED
*Money Over *****es*

GET_SMOKED is a Supporting Member
My decision...Almost bad decision.

What up FEP fam...

For the last couple of months I have been trying to recover from a slipped disk in my back. Well last week this insane idea popped in my head to quit paintball and heal the back. Well I figured selling would cost me money as far as resale value and then having to buy a new gun later. If I keep it I still lose money on resale but dont have to buy a new one. I decided to keep my baby(Quest) and still organize PB games and give my reballs a workout while I get my back in shape. I have been playing anyway but taking it easy. Well once I get out there to play I get all caught up in the hype and forget the back is bad. The back is getting better and will soon be playing again.

Anyway enough complaining. It's simple. This is the best forum, Best marker I've owned, and very mature people here.

Thanks for helping me with my decision with not Quitting. I had to get that off my chest.
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2007, 10:06 AM #2
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
to you my friend. Dont worry we wont let you leave without a fight.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:01 PM #3
kleivonen (Banned)
A-S-M-C

kleivonen is a Supporting Member
Great choice!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:29 PM #4
XMAILMANX
PimpHustleStackMoney

WORD UP!...sell gear if u must, always keep the quest. Good choice.

PIMP HUSTLE STACK-MONEY
Old 04-27-2007, 06:59 PM #5
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Yea dude Take it EASY! thats the best part.. you dont need to Be all into it.. Ask to Play back.. Start off back with 5sec's of you not shooting or sumthin..

Idk, I have bad knees sometimes.. Thanks to playing Catcher <baseball> .. all thru School... so i chose back... since Running Hurts sometimes...

Even tho Back is one of the most Demanding Positions...you dont need to be Contorted.. aside from Powerstance... naturally making it a convient for Lazy / ... Bigger people..

Besides.. Anyone can do run thrus... how many Can Stop them.. and do 4/1's consitently ...

>> Yo <<

Stay Safe
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 PM #6
GET_SMOKED
*Money Over *****es*

GET_SMOKED is a Supporting Member
Yeah lately it has been a mixture of woods/speed. If I play woods I grab a bunker/wood pile and pic em off as they make it towards me. If I play speed I grab a rear dorito and hang back and let loose.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 AM #7
jeffreyjames

josh has quite an insight for us "gimpy" players. i have bad knees too. have had them for the last several years for varying reasons.....i cant run around and contort myself as much as i used to, but my team captain says im a better middle player anyway(i see everything instead of just where im at). im 6.2 and skinny so i can do SOME things and not others. im also rather out of shape lately, so i cant do things as i used to. i still play a "fill in" role because i can do so much still, but the point is that you need to find what works for you for what you play most often. and what works best with your playing ability.
everybody wants to be the front player that charges the snake and breaks teh game open, but nobody realises its the back players that make that a possibility. or that no matter how up front they may be, that they could suddenly end up being the "back" players.

paintball is and has ALWAYS been a matter of fitting yourself into a team or group of players. you MAY have your preferred positions, but you HAVE to be able to play ALL positions. at a moments notice too. you might be the "back guy", but if your tape gets shot out, YOU become the tape guy. its up to you to either hold it or push it.

"Originally posted by QuencyJones16: It is not the making of a resume' that is hard, it is actually getting those achievements to actually put on it that take time."

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:42 PM #8
pber13

^^ very well said and a good decision you made Smoked
reasons to go out with a paintballer: (6) We are good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places(5) We like to slide into our positions(4) We always wear protection(3) We can fire off 100's even 1000's of rounds without getting tired(2) We dont mind getting a little dirty(1) All of us have at least a 10" barrel on us.
'When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.' - Mark Twain
Old 04-28-2007, 08:32 PM #9
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physcojosh View Post

Besides.. Anyone can do run thrus... how many Can Stop them.. and do 4/1's consitently ...

tourney last weekend i won a 4 v. 1 w/ a sprained ankle and broken bone in my foot i played back and that game took us into the semi-finals. when the adrenaline starts pumping you feel liek superman and you can do whatever you want. I've won a few 3 on 1's during local tourney's but never a 4 on 1, it was very nice. random peopel just started clapping. in front of 200 people, its a very nice feeling.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 PM #10
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Awesome man! great feeling isnt it!

I prefer Back.. its What i like to play.. being rather Big, i try to avoid moving to far up, but i can and Have played the snake.. im probaly the most.. verstaille backman on the team.. and hell. ive even switched a whole day, playing front, while my front plays back! was Awesome.. to bad we couldnt hear him.. lol
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 PM #11
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
I play back for my team during practice and tourney's, but when I'm alone or we are having a laid-back practice i play all over the field.

Usually when my guys die out i have to play most of the bunkers anyways. I can play any position besides snake, i can play snake but i'm not very good at snake. i prefer t be on my feet. plus we have an awesome snake player.