PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-07-2007, 02:19 PM #1
ccluff2

Evil lpr Question

Will the evil lpr work with a new designz valve? I've head that it only works with the evil valve. Can you adjust the pressure on the reg or is it preset?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 PM #2
drake89
fire

the evil parts are designed for high pressures and the ndz stuff is for lower pressures. they will techincally work together but not as well as with one brand. pick one brand (ndz is better) and stick with it. i found lpr's arent really necessary anyway.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 PM #3
ccluff2

I already have all ndz internals. i was just wanting to know if the evil lpr would work just like a regular lpr does on an imp. with ndz internals. Also is the lpr adjustable?
Old 04-07-2007, 07:36 PM #4
mrxr250rider

your better off just getting an ndz or sp lpr
Old 04-07-2007, 08:32 PM #5
ccluff2

ok, but my question is why. Why is it that this lpr can't be used with any impulse. I mean all it does is lower the cycling pressure right?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:22 PM #6
Squanch
I LIKE CHEESE

well it will probly work but it might be a waste of your money because if you want the best preformance out of the respirator they recomend using all evil parts like the punch kit, evil valve, and the respirator all at once but dont get the bolt i hear that it sucks ***
Old 04-07-2007, 10:19 PM #7
rb211
Impulse Aficionado

You're right. it is designed to lower the pressure to the soleniod (cycling pressure), but the respirator is designed to be used at higher input pressure. If you were using all evil internals, that would be fine. You have NDZ internals, which are designed to be used at lower operating pressures (the RIP valve especially). Some get it to work ok, but I would stick to NDZ.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 PM #8
rckobster

I have an evil lpr and all ndz internals and mine shoots great.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:46 AM #9
Hamil_Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccluff2 View Post
ok, but my question is why. Why is it that this lpr can't be used with any impulse. I mean all it does is lower the cycling pressure right?
This LPR removes almost all air volume for valve... Just look at it and think, with any other standard LPR you have high bolume front cap where gas volume is high enough even to work with valve at 100 psi without starving it. Now you excange all this volume for nice looking regulator, so you MUST use high pressure for valve in order to shot without shotdown and other problems like this.
Most aftermarkets valves are made to work with low pressures, if you want use high pressure you should stay with stock valve or get evil valve.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 PM #10
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Has anyone played around with the $90 function LPR?
How is it?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:00 AM #11
Hamil_Hamster

Expensive for sure...
Old 04-09-2007, 09:21 AM #12
R1cochet
karni

has been a member for 10 years
i have evil valve and evil lpr. works good. spend the money and run this setup
Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 AM #13
ccluff2

ok, so your saying that the loss of volume has to be made up with a higher pressure. But then what if I made up that lost volume some way such as a gas through grip, then could I run the evil lpr and a low pressure valve. Also I have a adrenaline impulse and they come milled stock with way more flow than just about any other imp.