Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-17-2001, 08:44 PM #1
Scorch
Just a nice guy in a mask

Scorch is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Talking Did you hear you can't use Gladiators with Presets?

The rumor is that G3 Paintball had decided to not honor warranties on Gladiators used with presets or air systems set over 600 psi.

Well... Its not true.

I talked with MacDev directly and this is what they said.
Quote:
Mac Developments - Australia
The truth is, as you know the Gladiator will work well in any situation, as long as it doesn't get dirt through it - and we will not void someones warranty just because they are using a preset tank. Please tell everyone that you know, that this rumour is untrue.
There you go!

Scorch
Old 09-18-2001, 10:19 AM #2
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
Glad to hear. G3 has a tendency to "passively suggest" things. They did the same thing with the vigilante regs they sold. They wouldn't honor the warranty if it was used with CO2. Kinda like, "We found that it doesn't work well so you if you do it and it find it sucks, don't complain to us" attitude.

Yochi.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:01 PM #3
impulseben
Paintball Genie

impulseben is a founding member
I was told the same thing by macdev but then i called g3 again and they said that yes, the macdev gladiator can have an input pressure of up to 1200 psi BUT, they've had about 10 people send the reg back b/c it messed up. All of these people were using preset tanks, and not one has returned the reg who uses an adjustable tank.
Old 10-26-2001, 03:34 PM #4
NanoSpark
Banned

only 10 people huh????

Man. you know. I think that is a high enough number to start forming opinions and giving wrong advice to everyone who owns or wants a gladiator!

My gladiator didn't work. didn't work when i got it in the mail. I have a preset, does that mean my tank messed the reg up? NO. the ball bearings inside were installed backwards..... causing the reg to act as a gas through.

a few were shipped out in this condition.

I can name you about 10 people whose impulses wont work and they suck big time.
Old 10-27-2001, 10:43 PM #5
Dark_recon
Now Theres An Angel !!!

rumors always get warped!!!

the rumor started as not to use a preset cause it doesnt work as well (witch i dont know is true or not i dont use a preset)...

but then it turned to this rumor now.....

why cant people pass along the right answers and not twist them around just cause they think that an item isnt good ???

kinda gets old hearing people talk about how bad something is when they have never tested or owned one beofre and just go by either the price (cause they think its to high) or what they hear someone else say

any ways thats my two sence
Greg

Check It Out On My Site Click On The Links Page Then Follow It Too My Guns Page...
http://www.joinme.net/uina

If You Have Any Questions For Me...
PM Me Or Email Me At
Dark_recon@hotmail.com
Old 10-28-2001, 02:53 PM #6
Simon Woodstock
Nor*Cal

thanks for clearing that up, i was just about to ask if a preset would damage a gladiator, then i found this thread, how convenient, thanks for posting that
Old 10-29-2001, 03:18 PM #7
sonicpro

there is no way the glads went out assembled wrong, every single gladiator is tested on gun to check re charge time and if there are any leaks. the main problem with people is they treat it like an angel reg and wind it the wrong way, if you wind it to far the small bearing will jump the big bearing. this is like a 2 min job to fix and if anyone has this prob you can mail me or go to our tech page at www.macdev.net. . as for the dirt issue, no reg likes excess dirt and when using a pre set you should be especially carefull not only with the fill but also screwing into the asa. get yourselfs some kind of filter for the fill and you will have many more trouble free paintball day's !!

i am here to help, if you know anyone who needs it i am only an email away !
Old 10-30-2001, 06:00 PM #8
fly_molo
Battle School Legend

where can i get a filter for my preset tank?