Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-07-2007, 07:40 PM #1
Emrys250
Hey There Pal!

has been a member for 10 years
How do I shorten my trigger pull?

Alright! I've adjusted my timing so that the cocker fires almost right after I pull the trigger and recocks reliably. It also has "suction timing"! The problem is, I have alot of excess trigger pull after the marker recocks. My trigger goes all the way back to the grip. Is there a way to limit post-travel so that the trigger stops going back after it recocks? Like the autococker timing video, Joe has very little post travel. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4TV9o6YdnM at around 6:40 in the video).
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 PM #2
nerdysmurf

WGP hinge?

Open the grips and look up to the inside of the frame. Get an allen wrench in there and start adjusting.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:13 PM #3
Emrys250
Hey There Pal!

yes, WGP hinge; i'll look inside tomorrow.
edit:
couldn't wait, I messed around with it, and it's great! It's almost like a sloppy electro now! I'm really happy with it. I can't wait to take it to the field! The ion might just get sold now.... (or at least put on backup for a while)

Last edited by Emrys250 : 04-08-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:02 AM #4
nerdysmurf

Yeah. I was really happy when I found that too.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:54 PM #5
twinki

ok lemme think for a while, its been a long time since i messed with those settings but i do know off the top of my head timing and if u have a cam adjsutor on teh wgp frame it'll make it shorter.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:57 PM #6
nerdysmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinki View Post
ok lemme think for a while, its been a long time since i messed with those settings but i do know off the top of my head timing and if u have a cam adjsutor on teh wgp frame it'll make it shorter.
You don't need a cam adjuster. The screw in the trigger frame does the same thing.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:39 PM #7
Hisse

Yeah the cam adjuster is really just a waste of money(imo), it's just a small adjustment on the hinge frame, it's a nice feature especially with the shorter 3-ways, The 3mm trigger pull used to be amazing, if only I would remember to replace the barbs.