Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 03:10 PM #64
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint View Post
Well since you brought up the law -

at 17 he is still a minor child and has no specific rights to tell anyone he will or will not do anything. Unless of course that actions are abuse - which church is not.

My oldest tried that line when he was 16, so we decided to make things perfectly legal.

We provided exactly what the law required:

clothes (ok, they were Wal-mart specials and Salvation Army duds) - but they were clothes. Those $150.00 sneakers - gone -

Food - 3 square meals - the law doesn't say anything about providing pizza, pop, candy etc. so all that - gone. Those baloney sandwiches and and apple were perfect for school lunches every day.

Lodging - He had a comfortable bed, a table to use as a desk and that's it. The law doesn't require televisions, dvd players, computers etc. etc.

See it was our money that bought all that, so we had the legal right to take it out.

Oh, did you know the law doesn't require parent to provide bikes, use of the family car or public transportation to or from events. Nor does the law require us to give spending money of any kind.

It was amazing. In just three weeks, he started seeing things different. He never did try to run away. I think he knew we would have called the cops.

He's now in his 30's and still talks about it. Seems it helped him.
That's brilliant. And completely different from - "Thats when I would put all my son's clothes in garbage bags and put them in front of the house. Then call up his friend's mom and tell her either to send him home to take his punishment like a man or pick up his stuff cuz they can keep him. Cheers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint View Post
How much of an immature spolied brat does someone have to be to not give their parents two hours. No one is saying he has to believe, no one is saying he has to become a priest -

What happened to just common courtesy?

Instead, no I don't wanna - in fact, I'll show you - I'll run away nanny nanny boo boo.
Common courtesy goes BOTH ways, pilgrim.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2007, 04:50 PM #65
welfare_train (Banned)
Eulogy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota, it sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint View Post
Well since you brought up the law -

at 17 he is still a minor child and has no specific rights to tell anyone he will or will not do anything. Unless of course that actions are abuse - which church is not.

My oldest tried that line when he was 16, so we decided to make things perfectly legal.

We provided exactly what the law required:

clothes (ok, they were Wal-mart specials and Salvation Army duds) - but they were clothes. Those $150.00 sneakers - gone -

Food - 3 square meals - the law doesn't say anything about providing pizza, pop, candy etc. so all that - gone. Those baloney sandwiches and and apple were perfect for school lunches every day.

Lodging - He had a comfortable bed, a table to use as a desk and that's it. The law doesn't require televisions, dvd players, computers etc. etc.

See it was our money that bought all that, so we had the legal right to take it out.

Oh, did you know the law doesn't require parent to provide bikes, use of the family car or public transportation to or from events. Nor does the law require us to give spending money of any kind.

It was amazing. In just three weeks, he started seeing things different. He never did try to run away. I think he knew we would have called the cops.

He's now in his 30's and still talks about it. Seems it helped him.
So you treated your kid like **** until he caved in and went to church? Bravo. That is brilliant parenting.
welfare_train is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 05:01 PM #66
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drefish99 View Post
Thats when I would put all my son's clothes in garbage bags and put them in front of the house. Then call up his friend's mom and tell her either to send him home to take his punishment like a man or pick up his stuff cuz they can keep him. Cheers.
And then you would go to jail!!!!! Good solution. Your about as mature as the child in this case.

You guys are being completely redicilous. We no longer live in the fifty's. I would be surprised if someone who had a distaste in religion didn't at least put up a small fight because their parents wanted them to go. Hell I bet half of you claming you should be respectful argue with your parents on a daily basis. Is it disrespectful to have a differnt opnion than your parents? Only if you voice it!!!! You would probably kick them out for not voting the same politcal party too woulden't you?

Would you witness them murdering someone because they asked you to out of respect? What if the roles were reversed would you expect them to come with you?

I mean why would you even want them at church, if they didn't want to be there? So you can still have the "power" over your children?

I'm willing to bet a million dollars, that my parents who chose not to force me to go to church, made the right decision, and I will be so much better off than those who force their children to go to church who don't want to be there.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com

Last edited by mynameisjonathon : 04-07-2007 at 05:13 PM.
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 05:07 PM #67
Em1Kid288
♥LOVE♥
 
Em1Kid288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post

Common courtesy goes BOTH ways, pilgrim.
Not so much. Not in this sense.

My family is the other way around. I wish my parents would come to service tomorrow...but they never have, and they never will.
__________________
WE WON'T
STAND FOR
HAZY EYES
ANYMORE
Em1Kid288 is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 07:26 PM #68
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint View Post
How much of an immature spolied brat does someone have to be to not give their parents two hours.
someone who doesnt believe in what is being said for those 2 hours.

(coming from someone who would insist that he doesnt force his kids to church, id say youre a contradictive dolt)

Last edited by Knoob : 04-07-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 07:45 PM #69
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_wdpballa View Post
Well, I refused to go. And i refused the grounding and won the war. Im typing from a friends house , cheers boys.
War? I didn't realize that parents and bratty kids = war. You waste 2 hours of your life watching tv/playing video games/talking/texting/whatev daily. So what are you gonna lose by attending church services for 1 time a year?

Even if that was the case, would you apply that same "logic" to school when you don't like/believe the subject matter?

After all, you refuse the punishment and claim you're not a brat, but you "neener, neener, neener" them from a friends house? Yup. Nothing screams of maturity more than your post above.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:20 PM #70
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
this thread is filled with ironing.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:32 PM #71
JBurgs
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
its not so much just wasting 2 hours of your life its just the point of it... if you were muslim and your parents forced you to go to church youd prob be pretty mad
__________________
"Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus" ~Charles Darwin :P
JBurgs is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:34 PM #72
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
its not so much just wasting 2 hours of your life its just the point of it... if you were muslim and your parents forced you to go to church youd prob be pretty mad
....but I would GO! It's about respect for parents as much as it is about being "forced" once a year.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:37 PM #73
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
....but I would GO! It's about respect for parents as much as it is about being "forced" once a year.
if youre parents respect you, then they would respect your opinion to not go.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:39 PM #74
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob View Post
if youre parents respect you, then they would respect your opinion to not go.
My parents are real parents that know me better and what is best for me (or in my interest).

If you use your "logic" then they should respect me to eat only what I find fitting for me and not that which they KNOW is better for me.

Plus, they do respect the fact he doesn't believe, but they want him to be with them on that occasion.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:48 PM #75
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
If you use your "logic" then they should respect me to eat only what I find fitting for me and not that which they KNOW is better for me.
food and religion are so far apart that i really have no idea why you would compare it with that.

IF his parents respect him, they will respect his right and opinion to not attend church.

IF his parents want to spend time with him, church is NOT the place to go to.


ps: how would you know whether or not his parents respect his belief? have you ever talked/seen/messaged/ them? do you know their name?

dont assume things you have no clue about.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 09:13 PM #76
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
Oh teh irony
youd be surprised how little the irony is in that statement compared to 90% of the posts in this thread.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 09:22 PM #77
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
You wouldnt know the first thing about parenting at 19 years old
(says the 15 year old)
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 09:37 PM #78
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
i said you were 15, am i wrong?

where did i say anything about what you knew?
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 09:41 PM #79
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Can we get a mod in here? This thread is going no where and has been hijacked and derailed from the intent.
/thread
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 09:49 PM #80
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob View Post
food and religion are so far apart that i really have no idea why you would compare it with that.

IF his parents respect him, they will respect his right and opinion to not attend church.

IF his parents want to spend time with him, church is NOT the place to go to.


ps: how would you know whether or not his parents respect his belief? have you ever talked/seen/messaged/ them? do you know their name?

dont assume things you have no clue about.
at least answer the questions before you say its gone off topic.
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 10:59 PM #81
CDN_wdpballa (Banned)
Ari Gold
 
CDN_wdpballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canadia :nododgy:
Word.
CDN_wdpballa is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 11:08 PM #82
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob View Post
at least answer the questions before you say its gone off topic.
K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob
food and religion are so far apart that i really have no idea why you would compare it with that.

IF his parents respect him, they will respect his right and opinion to not attend church.

IF his parents want to spend time with him, church is NOT the place to go to.


ps: how would you know whether or not his parents respect his belief? have you ever talked/seen/messaged/ them? do you know their name?

dont assume things you have no clue about.
Because parents force their kids to do and eat and be in things kids don't agree with. Not that far of a stretch.

Is that how your criteria of respect is applied? By not forcing? How do YOU equate respect with not enforcing parental/house rules to a minor?

Who assumes that it is to spend a family time? Maybe it is a family event. Maybe it is a tradition. Maybe it is because they want him to be expose to a church setting pure and simple. You don't know and neither do I (and neither does the OP).

I assume coming from being a parent myself. Yes, I assume as much as you do to the contrary. Assumptions are what we have since his parents are not online to defend themselves, just the bratty "I'm not a brat" son.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 PM #83
Knoob (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Because parents force their kids to do and eat and be in things kids don't agree with. Not that far of a stretch.
youre assuming church is going to be good for him.

church =/= healthy eating to survive and live life
Knoob is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 PM #84
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob View Post
youre assuming church is going to be good for him.

church =/= healthy eating to survive and live life
Uh. No. I am assuming listening/respecting/obeying his parents will be good for him.

obedience = healthy family survival.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump