Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
drefish99 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_wdpballa View Post
Well, I refused to go. And i refused the grounding and won the war. Im typing from a friends house , cheers boys.
Thats when I would put all my son's clothes in garbage bags and put them in front of the house. Then call up his friend's mom and tell her either to send him home to take his punishment like a man or pick up his stuff cuz they can keep him. Cheers.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2007, 06:21 PM #44
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
Well, I refused to go. And i refused the grounding and won the war. Im typing from a friends house , cheers boys.
Good job, way to stand up for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drefish99 View Post
Thats when I would put all my son's clothes in garbage bags and put them in front of the house. Then call up his friend's mom and tell her either to send him home to take his punishment like a man or pick up his stuff cuz they can keep him. Cheers.
If your dad is as accepting as this^ guy, you can shack up with me anytime you need a couch to sleep on. Cheers.

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Old 04-06-2007, 06:44 PM #45
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Good job, way to stand up for yourself.
If your dad is as accepting as this^ guy, you can shack up with me anytime you need a couch to sleep on. Cheers.
I'm sure you'll be saying that when your kid's being a little disrespectful brat...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:55 PM #46
Knoob (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
I'm sure you'll be saying that when your kid's being a little disrespectful brat...
are you saying its disrespectful to not go to church?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:10 PM #47
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
drefish99 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob View Post
are you saying its disrespectful to not go to church?
No I believe he is saying it is disrespectful to against your parents wishes as well as not take their punishment. In any way you put it. As long as you live under their roof you should be man enough to take the punishment if they are to discipline you.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 PM #48
Knoob (Banned)

if my parents punished me for not going to church i would rather live under another roof
Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 PM #49
JBurgs

i wouldnt go as far as to say church is torture but it can be pretty boring...i cant help but laugh when everybodys praying tho cuz i just think they look so dumb
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 PM #50
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
No I believe he is saying it is disrespectful to against your parents wishes as well as not take their punishment. In any way you put it. As long as you live under their roof you should be man enough to take the punishment if they are to discipline you.
Exactly. Being a brat and refusing to do something that your parents ask you to, and then refusing to take the punishment for it is extremely disrespectful. It doesn't matter if they ask you to go to church with them or go clean your room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoob View Post
if my parents punished me for not going to church i would rather live under another roof
Then do it. When you can support yourself and not depend on your parents to help you, then you can do whatever you want. Until then, they're the only reason you survived as long as you did on this planet.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM #51
kitchenman

so you have gone to church, did you ever hear the message. The point?

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
Old 04-06-2007, 09:23 PM #52
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
It's called respectful communication. It prevents your children from wanting to live with another family.
Quote:
Kicking your kids out of the house for not wanting to attend religious services is not 'punishment'; it's child abandonment and you WILL go to jail for it.

ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:24 PM #53
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
so you have gone to church, did you ever hear the message. The point?
Love your neighbor as yourself?

Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 PM #54
CDN_wdpballa (Banned)
Ari Gold

Quote:
Im not being a disrespectful little brat, I do pretty much everything my parents ask me to do, except for believing in Christianity. I do not smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol etc. Play sports, have good friends etc. I am a good kid. Im just refusing to go to a room filled with a bunch of people just sitting there pretending to worship someone they know nothing about, its just wierd.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:46 PM #55
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
I was watching that show where that guy says dead people are telling him what to say to his audience... uhh, what's it called...

Crossing-over?

Uhh, no... Church, that's what it was, church.

-
I always laugh at that. I feel like some people need church, and others don't. Sometimes I go, most times I don't. Usually it doesn't do anything for me, and seems too religious.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 PM #56
ClawHammer
Kraft durch Freude

ClawHammer is a Supporting Member
Honestly being 17 and living under your parents roof you should go or at least accept their punishment. You're right it isn't fair or right but it's still their house so their rules, you can perhaps bargain with them or reach a plateau of agreement. Otherwise it would be in your best interest to do as told.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:42 PM #57
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Im not being a disrespectful little brat.....
Quote:
Yes. Yes, you are.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 PM #58
alex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
i wouldnt go as far as to say church is torture but it can be pretty boring...i cant help but laugh when everybodys praying tho cuz i just think they look so dumb
QFT. It was always so amusing to see all the people praying and singing and ****.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:06 AM #59
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Last I checked, it's a parents legal and moral responsibility to care for the well being of their children until they are 18. It's not a gift, it's your JOB. Don't like that? Don't have kids.
Well since you brought up the law -

at 17 he is still a minor child and has no specific rights to tell anyone he will or will not do anything. Unless of course that actions are abuse - which church is not.

My oldest tried that line when he was 16, so we decided to make things perfectly legal.

We provided exactly what the law required:

clothes (ok, they were Wal-mart specials and Salvation Army duds) - but they were clothes. Those $150.00 sneakers - gone -

Food - 3 square meals - the law doesn't say anything about providing pizza, pop, candy etc. so all that - gone. Those baloney sandwiches and and apple were perfect for school lunches every day.

Lodging - He had a comfortable bed, a table to use as a desk and that's it. The law doesn't require televisions, dvd players, computers etc. etc.

See it was our money that bought all that, so we had the legal right to take it out.

Oh, did you know the law doesn't require parent to provide bikes, use of the family car or public transportation to or from events. Nor does the law require us to give spending money of any kind.

It was amazing. In just three weeks, he started seeing things different. He never did try to run away. I think he knew we would have called the cops.

He's now in his 30's and still talks about it. Seems it helped him.

Last edited by X_Paint : 04-07-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:26 AM #60
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
In PA you can actually make your kid work (at a store) and take ALL of their money.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:17 AM #61
JBurgs

Quote:
I don't think religion is even an issue in this case. How would he respond if they asked him to go somewhere else with them? It's not just about going to church. It's really about respect for his parents.

I respect my parents and appreciate everything they have done for me. So when they ask me to do something, I do it. It doesn't matter if it's going to church with them or going out to dinner when I had other plans. It's the least you can do. If your parents ask you to go to church, go. When you can support yourself without their help, then you can do whatever you want.
i think religion is the main issue... his parents are trying to force religion on him and he should be able to make his own choices on what he believes. theres a difference between going to grandmas for dinner and going to church
Old 04-07-2007, 12:59 PM #62
Nature Boyz

I am a Christian, but I don't think it should be forced on someone, that's not going to help them believe. I think a lot of you would think much differently if his parents were Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. and they tried to force him to go to those religious services if he didn't believe in them, especially if he wanted to go to a Christian church, but his parents wouldn't let him.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:53 PM #63
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
i think religion is the main issue... his parents are trying to force religion on him and he should be able to make his own choices on what he believes. theres a difference between going to grandmas for dinner and going to church

How much of an immature spolied brat does someone have to be to not give their parents two hours. No one is saying he has to believe, no one is saying he has to become a priest -

What happened to just common courtesy?

Instead, no I don't wanna - in fact, I'll show you - I'll run away nanny nanny boo boo.