PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 PM #1
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Adding an Autococker LPR to your RPM

Decided to make a "how to add a LPR" page on the Cocker LPR mod for the RPM. If you are at all interested in making your RPM perform better then check out the page to see what it takes to get the job done! Check back as the page will be updated from time to time.

RPM LPR Upgrade Page

Last edited by waarp8nt : 06-25-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Title Change & Updates to Link
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 PM #2
bigblue02_02jw

bigblue02_02jw is a Supporting Member
Great job waarp8nt.

ODYSSEY LEGION #2

Give free food to animals here.

Old stye Pbnation feedback
Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 PM #3
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Thanks, took pics as I done mine so I thought it would be neat to document it. Have some new smaller externally adjustable regs coming and made a LPR adapter out of Delrin, so check back as the page will be updated soon!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:01 AM #4
Doman
Yah! That-Just-Happened!

Excellent job. But whats funny is i think i'm the only person who didn't get a manual.lol
Old 04-07-2007, 09:03 PM #5
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

I got an early model owners manual and a late model RPM, so the operating modes are all different, but a least I got a manual

LMK if you want a copy of the owners manual, but to be honest its not much other than the parts diagram.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 PM #6
bigblue02_02jw

bigblue02_02jw is a Supporting Member
I would like a early model copy please.

ODYSSEY LEGION #2

Give free food to animals here.

Old stye Pbnation feedback
Old 04-09-2007, 02:57 PM #7
pbfreak123456789
TEAM CRISCO OWNS ALL !!!!

nice job
TEAM CRISCO#11 Grey Rex r3,Pmi 45/45 nitro tank,Evo 3 hopper.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post31530387
Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 PM #8
Doman
Yah! That-Just-Happened!

srry i haven't been on. And sure i'll take a copy.( its always nice to now what u need for the inside of your gun)
Old 04-09-2007, 09:28 PM #9
Antec

Thats nice... Only one problem: Im to scared to buy all the stuff and my barrel be too big and the LPR not fit.

I was wanting to do this about 2-3 months ago. But know one ever talked on here or new what i was talken about except Ice.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 PM #10
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

PM'd you Doman and bigblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec View Post
Thats nice... Only one problem: Im to scared to buy all the stuff and my barrel be too big and the LPR not fit.

I was wanting to do this about 2-3 months ago. But know one ever talked on here or new what i was talken about except Ice.
ppl were much the same on installing the direct stab. Go figure, thats forums for ya!

I've got some smaller LPR's coming from California, they are made by a reputable manufacture and should be redily available. Hopefully, they were shipped by some other means than first class, otherwise we'll be waiting another week. I'll update the page and post when they get here. But for now, here's what I know.

LPR's that are too large for this mod and/or some barrels;

WGP Sledgehammer
ANS Jackhammer II
Palmer Micro Rock
Palmer Rock (haven't tried, but the Mico Rock is smaller so...)
Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM #11
Antec

Thats good stuff waarp8nt. Also to add to the list of what will fit onto the rpm no problem hitting the barrel; is the Wrath LPR.

I do have a few questions. Im pretty sure this is for looks only, right? I mean to make the LPR actually work dont you have to have a new board wich will be $100+ more.
Second, here is my gun...sorry for poor quality.

I'm afraid the macroline will not fit in between the Evil Asa and the Grip Frame. This presents another problem for me. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Ok i went and looked at my gun and eye balled the distance. Its about 1 centimeter and a half. SOooo....going around will be a wee bit of a problem.

Last edited by Antec : 04-11-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:35 PM #12
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

I didn't like the idea of the Wrath LPR b/c only one 0-ring seals and the other is past the retaining bolt. If the inner seal fails, you have a leak past the bolt (not that this has happened, but there is potential for it to happen).

I had mine up and going with the Micro Rock with no board changes (I simply had to remove the LPR and lpr adapter to get the barrel off). Keep in mind the pressure goes through the lpr adapter to feed the LPR then to the LP valve body, so it never goes through a noid and shouldn't require any board changes (dwell setting may be nice, but I don't think it will be required). Besides looking cool, the LPR should lower the ram pressure below the marker's operating pressure making the marker slightly more effiecent and easier to chrono.

My shipment came in from Cali and those regs are the correct size to clear the barrels. I will assemble, chrono and sweet spot the regs, then clue everyone in on the results. That should happen sometime Saturday if everything goes well.

About your LP hose clearance, you could notch the trigger frame slightly to allow the hose to bend around the reg yet behind the gauge. Just a thought.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:20 AM #13
xquizkidx

That is a sweet setup! I am in the process of adding a LPR to my girl's RPM but am still contemplating whether to go your route or use a wrath LPR. I do agree with you about the single o-ring issue and would like to follow your example but I do not have the equipment (let alone knowledge) to machine my own LPR adapter. Do you sell these adapters or know where I may pick one up? Also, do you think soaking the 3mm brass fitting with something like liquid wrench will help to avoid breaking the piece off or is it inevitable that it will break?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:05 AM #14
Twister60

Twister60 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twister60 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 is attending Decay of Nations VI
The wrath LPR adapter (even with one o-ring) WILL Work(<<rofl) I know a player with a good example, of an RPM with this adapter. It's built to work properly.

I really want to get one! The end result might be me, just buying a new wrath for cheap.

Full Body Creation, Machining, Anodizing and Repair + Parts and Service Available
Pods now only $1.00!
07 EGO|Hybrid NXT|PM6|RPM|PMR|3 Quest's
Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 PM #15
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister60
The wrath LPR adapter (even with one o-ring) WILL Work(<<rofl) I know a player with a good example, of an RPM with this adapter. It's built to work properly.
^^^ No body said it didn't work, just that we didn't like the retaining bolt between the 0-rings. Someone, thinking Icedrelm's thread on "everything you need to know about the RPM" already covered the Wrath LPR.

I like the Autococker LPR idea b/c of the availability of new and used low pressure regs. There are tons of them on eBay, just some of them are too large to clear the barrel. I really wanted the Palmer Micro Rock to work b/c it is already threaded to 10/32, but was just too large. Even drilled and tapped an old skool WGP sledgehammer ($5 off eBay) to 10/32 and like the Micro Rock it functioned, but was too large for reliable barrel removal.

There is one for sure and possibly two others that will fit, work and allow for barrel removal; Two from WGP and the Mako. Will soon update the thread with the results on one of the WGP LPR.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 PM #16
Twister60

Twister60 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twister60 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 is attending Decay of Nations VI
sorry Mr.P8nt

Full Body Creation, Machining, Anodizing and Repair + Parts and Service Available
Pods now only $1.00!
07 EGO|Hybrid NXT|PM6|RPM|PMR|3 Quest's
Old 04-12-2007, 09:11 PM #17
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Nothing to be sorry about, we're all just discussing things right? I'm just glad to see some action in the Odyssey forums, your starting the Legion really help out.

Another teaser picture, just need a 10/32 bottoming tap to finish the delrin lpr adapter and get this baby up and mowing.

This LPR is off an WGP Outcast, it is adjustable and clears all 3 of my barrels with no problems. Would like to try a WGP trickler or a Mako, but I'm hesitant to try a Mako b/c of the poor reviews. Any thoughts?

Old 04-13-2007, 12:57 AM #18
xquizkidx

Hey waarp8nt, I sent WGP an email to see if they could disclose the dimensions of the WGP Tickler. I will send you the dimensions when they send them to me. I will also go to my local paintball shop and see if they have one. Get back to you!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM #19
kit352

i just got my rpm and have been poking around here for a few days. ive seen this post and kept reading trying to figure out what you guys are trying to do. ive tinkered with cockers for years and i have a suggestion. im not sure it will work cause i havent really looked at my rpm to check how they actually but i did do this to a cocker i have. basically get a reg with a guage port on it an run a mini max flow lpr off it and bypass the front lpr on the gun. basically what this kid did. sorry no pics but i can probably get some of my gun with it. like i said im not sure it would work or really even the reasoning behind it but it would save you guys a lot of head aches trying to mount it.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=volumizer
Old 04-15-2007, 09:09 PM #20
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

xquizkidx; LMK what you find out. Very interested and Pm'd you.

kit352; I'm interested in all new idea's. The pics in the link didn't work for me, but I think I have an idea what you are talking about. Thought I seen a video of an RPM with an Ion board in it where the guy ran the the LPR directly off of his HPR via a gauge port, but I can't find it anymore (is something like that what you are talking about)? If you have done this to one of you cockers and can get some pictures, please post them. I'm sure myself and others would like to see them. BTW I'm a cocker fan too, just don't have one right now. Thats why the cocker adjustable LPR's seemed like a natural choice for the RPM.

The cocker LPR set-up like on my marker worked fine with the Micro-rock, but the clearance was too tight for barrel removal (function wasn't an issue). The smaller outcast LPR fits and the barrel removes (no clearance issues), but haven't had the time to test it. I got the delrin LPR adapter finished (still have my original aluminum one). But, my HPA reg (the direct stabilizer) was creeping bad, so I took it apart and have to get new 0-rings. Considering it has been on two other markers, a couple years old and ran on CO2....I can't blame the regulator. But, because of the HPR issues, final testing with the Chrony has been delayed.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 PM #21
kit352

thats exactly what im talking about. running the lpr off the hpr. i did it to one of my cockers to see if a volume chamber would help. i had no place to put the lpr so i put it on a spare guage port on the hpr. worked fine except for the volumizer part. i dont see why it wouldnt work on the rpm. i just got my the other day and havent really looked at the mechanics of it. i did take it apart and reassemble just to see what it was about. i dont have a manual so its the only way i could learn how to work on it. plus i wanted to see what spyder parts work on it. on a side note even though it kills the looks of the gun a spyder front block with the top ridge ground down to match the slop of the frame fits perfectly. it aired up fine with a plug but i didnt try to mess with it. the trilogy lpr fits on the spyder front block and it would solve the va problem that haunts these gun. keep me informed on your progress, i love messin with guns as long as it for the better. i got tons of cocker and spyder parts lying around so i can use just about any configuration ideas.